Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Trinidad Ready To Face De La Hoya To Raise Funds For Puerto Rico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I imagine it would be an exhibition type thing. It would help the relief there. I'm all for it. And **** it, if these two want to really go at it, I'm all for that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by vaborikua2014 View Post
      Makes no sense. He wanted a rematch right after they fought but he said we do 50/50 and oscar didnt want to do that. Oscar didnt want to run away from tito in the ring again.
      I thought Tito wanted it at 154 and Oscar was staying at 147 and that was the deal breaker..

It is surprising that 2 fighters in their primes, having that lucrative of a fight, with a controversial ending, didn't have a big money rematch at some point.. hell, we got Hopkins-Roy 2.

Comment

tito lost his money in bad investment I doubt he would fight only for charity he's begging for a payday

Comment

Interesting. Tito goes bankrupt and gravely in debt to the Government and suddenly he wants to fight Oscar in order to "help Puerto Rico"

Comment

I'd love to see it.

Comment

I wish Trinidad whoop his fat,crooked azz.
              I'd watch that.

Comment

Comments Thread For: Trinidad Ready To Face De La Hoya To Raise Funds For Puerto Rico

Former three division world champion Felix "Tito" Trinidad (42-3, 35 KOs) of Puerto Rico is ready to return to the ring - but this time for charity. Trinidad, 44 years old, retired back in 2008, after a shock return - after nearly three years of retirement - to fight Roy Jones Jr. at light heavyweight. Trinidad was dominated over twelve rounds at New York's Madison Square Garden.
                [Click Here To Read More]

Comment

Only if there's absolutely zero drug testing for the fight, and they each get 6 month training camps to juice up properly until they're back in their primes, like Floyd is at 40 years old. It can be done. With the right juice, it can be done. Then, the winner can fight Floyd himself, in a match of prime 40-plus year olds, which could also serve as a testament to modern science.

Not that I'm celebrating or encouraging drug use lol... I'm joking of course, but also just saying, we know many athletes use PEDs anyway, including possibly these ones during their careers who knows, so all I'm saying is that if they did actually fight, in order for them to be in good form at their ages, they would probably need to do that. But, what matters most is their health, so unless they've done PEDs before without issues, or the damage has already been done or whatever, I wouldn't be OK with it at all. But if they've done it many times before, well, at their ages, I still wouldn't advocate going back on it or getting hit in the head at all, but if they were dead set on doing fighting, then, well, still probably much healthier if they avoid PEDs. The fight would suck without them at their ages, most likely, but it's still better for their health.

It should be the responsibility of current prime boxers to fight the best and provide that entertainment at the top level, anyway. That's the problem with modern boxing, it's so devoid of best vs best top level fights, that here I am giving thought to if there's some way two 40-plus year olds could regain somewhat prime form and deliver what the sport is lacking. That's how much us boxing fans are searching high and low for good matchups! But, putting my more mature hat on, I hope that they are both able to give a safe exhibition that raises a lot of money for those suffering in Puerto Rico, but that doesnt cause any damage to these two retired boxers. Well, maybe De La Hoya could get clocked a few times for delaying the GGG-Canelo fight until a great matchup was basically ruined and became a dud, just like Mayweather-Pacquiao only slightly better but not like it should have been, but other than that... lol, just kidding, I dont believe in that type of "justice," I just hope Canelo fires Oscar instead or that GBP goes bankrupt in exchange for doing the same **** to ruin the sport as Floyd did, but other than that, I hope this raises good money for Puerto Rico, and that these two retired boxers dont hurt themselves.

Comment

As much as I hate the idea being a fan I have to admit I'd watch an exhibition between the 2.

Comment

Puerto Rico needs this. Trumps sorry ass isn't doing anything. His dumbass said that he spoke with the president of Puerto Rico but he's the president himself. That sums it all up

Comment

Working...
                      X