Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Thurman, Charlo, Lubin, PEDs, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
    Sadly, you're right.

Who was the last humble Black fighter to be a draw.

I'm thinking maybe an early, fresh off the Olympics SRL?
    old george foreman if you are talking big name stars.

if you are talking reasonably big names. Then jermaine taylor or timothy bradley. Maybe lennox lewis depending on your definition of humble. lennox was humble in mannerisms but pretty arrogant in other ways.
    Last edited by elfag; 10-19-2017, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
      I disagree with breadman about the VADA/Clean testing thing. He seems to make it if Vada is more efficient in catching people as opposed to the clean testing program.

But doesn't it make it infinitely harder to cycle peds when you have no idea when or if you're going to be tested or not?

These guys can test anyone at any time, so how the **** do you cycle under those circumstances?

I think Breadman is supporting the other narrative because the fighters that he likes are on that side of the spectrum (Andre Ward, GGG), and of course one of the Charlos KO'd his fighter.

Ask him if Jrock is paying for VADA testing and here what he has to say, let him explain why his fighter is not paying for VADA testing but he expects the Charlos, who are still undercard fighters getting paid only 100K per fight, to pay for Vada testing.
      I forward to you asking him that question in the next mailbag but how do I ask him questions?

Comment

Originally posted by siablo14 View Post
        I forward to you asking him that question in the next mailbag but how do I ask him questions?
        dabreadman25@hotmail.com

breadman isn't just some recent anti-PED activist since Jrock-Jermall, he's been at it awhile now.

Comment

Originally posted by MidWestBrawler View Post
          dabreadman25@hotmail.com

breadman isn't just some recent anti-PED activist since Jrock-Jermall, he's been at it awhile now.
          Got it..............

Comment

Solid!

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
            I don't like how Jermell is being perceived as the aggressor in all of this. Lubin came out and called him a paper champ before the fight. Lubin did most of the talking before the fight. Similarly to JRock vs. Jermall. JRock did all of the talk before the fight. After the fight, it is suspected that someone on Lubin's team threw a chair at Jermall, Derrick James and the cutman. Someone threw a chair at them, but it isn't confirmed that it was somone from Lubin's team. That's why Jermall asked Lubin if he was ok because they believe someone from his team threw the chair. People who are crying about testing now are the same ones who were saying that Lubin was going to beat Jermell easily. You can't have it both ways.... The Charlos have no problem shaking hands with fighters who show them respect. I don't recall any problem with Jermall and Heiland. These dudes just have a nasty demeanor and don't take to disrespect lightly. I like that in a fighter. Don't talk sideways and want to hug up later. Be good sportsmen after and BEFORE the fights and maybe this wouldn't be as much of a problem..

With that being said, I do wish more people got the VADA testing. However, you can't just point fingers at Charlos. If only 5% of boxers are signed up, put pressure on the entire 95% who aren't, not just the one you don't like.
            Well stated sir.

Comment

Good mailbag read.

I'd love to see a Hurd-Trout rematch now that Trout isn't coming off a 18 month layoff.

This could be an EPIC trilogy

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                Sadly, you're right.

Who was the last humble Black fighter to be a draw.

I'm thinking maybe an early, fresh off the Olympics SRL?
                People hated him too.

Comment

lol are people really gonna say that the Charlos are roid ragers because they're mean guys? Ridiculous nonsense.

Comment

The Charlo's are great so y'all hate

The only thing y'all can say is they're on steroids. The Charlo's use ped's. The Charlo's are angry. The Charlo's are mean. The Charlo's have gotten to good. BOTTOM LINE.....THE CHARLO'S WILL BEAT THE **** OUT YOUR FAVORITE FIGHTER. I PUT MONEY ON IT. #TEAMCHARLO

Comment

This is just great isn't it? Someone win by KO and now they are on drugs? I dislike this charlo brothers attitude but they have been grafting like forever, I didn't pay much attention to them nor did the organisations, since it took them forever to get a chance at the belts, i remember the "testing is for cowards only" brigade (Media and fans back in 2009/2010).... Am glad you guys are now on a different crusade now.

Comment

Working...
                      X