Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daily Bread Mailbag: Spence-Thurman, Charlo, Lubin, PEDs, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    seems like a lot of people thing the Charlos are on PEDs. Breadman is not discouraging those thoughts either. I suspect he thinks they are on PEDs too but he just can't say it for fear of being sued.

But its the old saying; if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck and is generally duckish then it probably is a duck.
    Turns into 1 punch ko artist mid career, aggressive behaviour, more muscular in short order - you decide.
    Indeed, while I respect Breadman's opinion and knowledge, he has been hinting toward the Charlo's being on PED for a LONG while now.
    I'm surprised Spence hasn't drawn su****ions yet since he has been in that "Lions Only" team for a moment now.

Comment

That hate is real for the Charlos lol but I agree testing is important.

That letter about Lubin was hilarious though. You could feel the tears through the letter lol

Regardless the twins got the game shook. It's funny, the same people who didn't question Manny (who moved up and started stopping guys out of nowhere), are trying to question two guys who have been at the same weight class since turning pro and in their physical prime. Stay salty

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
        That hate is real for the Charlos lol but I agree testing is important.

That letter about Lubin was hilarious though. You could feel the tears through the letter lol

Regardless the twins got the game shook. It's funny, the same people who didn't question Manny (who moved up and started stopping guys out of nowhere), are trying to question two guys who have been at the same weight class since turning pro and in their physical prime. Stay salty
        The Charlo's look the same as they did 4-5 years ago just cut their hair off.
        And Jermells change of trainer turned him into a KO artist.
        And Jermall couldn't even KO, let alone knock down Trout so I don't see where it's coming from. Hell Lara even knocked down Trout.

But it's when he KO'd unproven J-Rock is when the questions came.

Comment

I don't like how Jermell is being perceived as the aggressor in all of this. Lubin came out and called him a paper champ before the fight. Lubin did most of the talking before the fight. Similarly to JRock vs. Jermall. JRock did all of the talk before the fight. After the fight, it is suspected that someone on Lubin's team threw a chair at Jermall, Derrick James and the cutman. Someone threw a chair at them, but it isn't confirmed that it was somone from Lubin's team. That's why Jermall asked Lubin if he was ok because they believe someone from his team threw the chair. People who are crying about testing now are the same ones who were saying that Lubin was going to beat Jermell easily. You can't have it both ways.... The Charlos have no problem shaking hands with fighters who show them respect. I don't recall any problem with Jermall and Heiland. These dudes just have a nasty demeanor and don't take to disrespect lightly. I like that in a fighter. Don't talk sideways and want to hug up later. Be good sportsmen after and BEFORE the fights and maybe this wouldn't be as much of a problem..

With that being said, I do wish more people got the VADA testing. However, you can't just point fingers at Charlos. If only 5% of boxers are signed up, put pressure on the entire 95% who aren't, not just the one you don't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Afi23 View Post
            Indeed, while I respect Breadman's opinion and knowledge, he has been hinting toward the Charlo's being on PED for a LONG while now.
            I'm surprised Spence hasn't drawn su****ions yet since he has been in that "Lions Only" team for a moment now.
            Spence was VADA tested against Kell Brook... There were su****ions of him. Now, they have gone away...

Comment

Originally posted by MasterPlan View Post
              The Charlo's look the same as they did 4-5 years ago just cut their hair off.
              And Jermells change of trainer turned him into a KO artist.
              And Jermall couldn't even KO, let alone knock down Trout so I don't see where it's coming from. Hell Lara even knocked down Trout.

But it's when he KO'd unproven J-Rock is when the questions came.
              That's my point. It's not like they've KO'd some killer. Jackson, Lubin, Hatley, and Williams. All ranked but unproven at the top. It's not that unimaginable imo. People just don't like them and are hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by Randall Cunning View Post
                So I'm right in thinking the VADA bit on boxrec means theyre signed up to the Clean Testing Program, as of which only 5% have been tested.

And when theres an announcement on Twitter, say for example "Deontay Wilder and Bermane Stiverne have entered testing for their fight......" is the only time when theyre thoroughly tested.
                Just read the ****ing article.

Comment

Originally posted by Edward90 View Post
                  Spence was VADA tested against Kell Brook... There were su****ions of him. Now, they have gone away...
                  Ignore that nonsense.

Spence has always pressed because that's how James trains. Which also explains Jermell's new style. Ronnie Shields wasn't the trainer he needed. Since the move has fought Jackson, Hatley, and Lubin. You're supposed to stop those guys. It's not hard to understand.

His brother has always had serious power, evidenced by his 20/26 stoppages.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                    Ignore that nonsense.

Spence has always pressed because that's how James trains. Which also explains Jermell's new style. Ronnie Shields wasn't the trainer he needed. Since the move has fought Jackson, Hatley, and Lubin. You're supposed to stop those guys. It's not hard to understand.

His brother has always had serious power, evidenced by his 20/26 stoppages.
                    Oh yeah. I know the story. I was just telling him why Spence didn't get accusations like Charlo. He has been VADA tested. People always want to accuse fighters of doping. However, they never accuse the guys who are actually caught.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
                      Just read the ****ing article.
                      Haha, hello mate

Comment

Working...
                      X