Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Erickson Lubin's Future is Up To Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

After that kind of KO loss, Erickson Lubin's future looks bleak. I don't think his psyche will ever be the same after the loss AND the humiliation after all of his words before the fight.

Comment

his future is up to his chin, and the future looks bleak.

Comment

Originally posted by _original_ View Post
        It's hard to say, but I can't see the kid doing anything with a weak ass chin like that. I sound harsh but I'm being realistic.

"That punch would've KO'd anybody......." ---- I think that's such a stupid argument that makes no effing sense. You think guys like Hagler, Ali, Chavez, ect. didn't get cracked with shots like that or worse? Of course they did, but you need a top level chin to be great in this game. Even Khan, who is known for having a bad chin for a top level guy, has been cracked and can take a punch, his recovery is just horrible. This kid on the other hand was laid out by a single punch and went into convulsion, it's gonna be hard moving forward for him with a biscuit chin.
        spot on ^.....

Comment

Wlad Klitschko and Amir Khan are recent examples of boxers who were successful despite suffering humiliating knockouts early in their careers. It'll be difficult though. Apart from the damage to his confidence, everyone knows his weakness now. Even the journeymen he faces in the future will be emboldened from seeing him KTFO like that

Comment

Shows the heart of lion Pac has to come back from multiple bad KO's

Comment

he can come back but odds not with him . more mental than anything

Comment

Originally posted by Dramacyde View Post
                I doubt he'll do big things in his career. Chin too weak for that division
                There is no one who wouldn't have gotten KO'd by that punch. It says nothing about his chin. Plus he's 22, he's not even in his grown man body yet so the punch resistance will improve, but I doubt it would've helped in this situation

Comment

Originally posted by MC Hammer View Post
                  There is no one who wouldn't have gotten KO'd by that punch. It says nothing about his chin. Plus he's 22, he's not even in his grown man body yet so the punch resistance will improve, but I doubt it would've helped in this situation
                  it says everything about his chin. first step up in class, first round, first solid shot and he buckles. even elite fighters get tagged but you dont often see the best ones react like lubin did. im not having it that that shot would have knocked out canelo or golovkin.

Comment

with his tools he don't need a chin like ggg but he does need confidence

Comment

I've heard lately both Tyson and Gervonta asked him to stop mentioning their names during interviews.

Comment

Working...
                      X