No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd Tested, Stops Austin Trout in Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
    Wow!!! Trout looked like he was 2-3 weight classes smaller.
    No different than the Jermall Charlo fight.

Trout boxed circles around Hurd for the first five rounds but then got tired and a little more stationary which made Hurd become more active. Remember he wasn't throwing anything and Trout initiated the attack. Once Hurd dropped his guard (and got cut from the headbutt) he got a little more loose and turned up the gas.

I wanted Trout to win as I have been a big fan of him for years but he just couldn't get it done. Hopefully Hurd can work on his defense before going after Jermall Charlo or Erislandy Lara because he is the only one that could fight those guys. Charlo and Lara won't fight each other.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post

Trout boxed circles around Hurd for the first five rounds but then got tired and a little more stationary which made Hurd become more active. Remember he wasn't throwing anything and Trout initiated the attack. Once Hurd dropped his guard (and got cut from the headbutt) he got a little more loose and turned up the gas.

I wanted Trout to win as I have been a big fan of him for years but he just couldn't get it done. Hopefully Hurd can work on his defense before going after Jermall Charlo or Erislandy Lara because he is the only one that could fight those guys. Charlo and Lara won't fight each other.
      I hear ya. How bad you think not having a fight in almost 18 months hurt him???

Comment

I hear ya. How bad you think not having a fight in almost 18 months hurt him???
        I do feel that it did hurt him a bit even though I have friends that say otherwise. Trout being north of 30 in this division is not a good thing when you are on the shelf as long as he was.

Comment

I do feel that it did hurt him a bit even though I have friends that say otherwise. Trout being north of 30 in this division is not a good thing when you are on the shelf as long as he was.
          It hurt. The age factored in with the ring rust and we noth saw with are own eyes Trout faded pretty badly. He staryed getting caught with everything Hurd threw. I didnt like his corners advice or cutman at all either. He might as well been all alone in the fight.

Comment

It hurt. The age factored in with the ring rust and we noth saw with are own eyes Trout faded pretty badly. He staryed getting caught with everything Hurd threw. I didnt like his corners advice or cutman at all either. He might as well been all alone in the fight.
            I agree that his corner did not do a good job in this fight either. I mean he had a good lead halfway into the fight and he just could not adjust to the pursuit of Hurd after Round 6.

Comment

I agree that his corner did not do a good job in this fight either. I mean he had a good lead halfway into the fight and he just could not adjust to the pursuit of Hurd after Round 6.
              Haha. Hurd just said he was suprised Trout stood and traded punches with him.

Comment

Haha. Hurd just said he was suprised Trout stood and traded punches with him.
                I think it was more of Trout slowing down than making the decision to trade with Hurd

Comment

He's not ready for those guys. They won't get tired. Your right his defense needs work..

Comment

Yeah, the first thing I thought when Charlo VS Lubin round 1 started was, "Damn, Charlo looks much bigger than Lubin!". I wasn't too sure how much of a factor it would play in that fight, but it definitely struck me as being very noticeable. Now, in hindsight I tend to think it was a big factor, just as it was in the Hurd/ Trout fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                      Yeah, the first thing I thought when Charlo VS Lubin round 1 started was, "Damn, Charlo looks much bigger than Lubin!". I wasn't too sure how much of a factor it would play in that fight, but it definitely struck me as being very noticeable. Now, in hindsight I tend to think it was a big factor, just as it was in the Hurd/ Trout fight.
                      If you see these guys outside of the ring they do not look like they should be in the 154 pound division...they look like they should be at 168

Comment

Working...
                      X