No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jarrett Hurd Tested, Stops Austin Trout in Ten Rounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    So if he is old AF then what is GGG? What is Erislandi Lara? What is Andre Ward and Kovalev?
    Are all these fighters old AF?

You guys must be trolling.
    Andre Ward is barely older and he just Retired. Lara is Cuban they have to defect to go pro. And he just went pro 9 years ago. GGG same thing.

Your also comparing GREATS to someone that is just good.

I get it! You like YOUR boy and have NO problem ignoring the almost 2 years of ring rust! But according to you that just makes them fresher and less wear and tear doe

Comment

Hurd will one day fight Charlo for unification.

Comment

Hurd will now have to honour his mandatory against Cedric Vitu.

Comment

I picked Trout because Hurd isn't very good. But during the prefight instructions I realized that I had no clue how big Hurd is. Trout outboxed hm pretty easily early, but you could see the pressure and size difference taking its toll. Don't wanna take too much away from Hurd. But I think he was clearly the least impressive of the winners tonight. I know Charlo called him out. But I'm a lot more interested in Lara-Charlo than Charlo-Hurd. I think Hurd would be a good scalp for Andrade.

Comment

All you Hurd haters are going to find out the truth. No one at 154 is going to stop this man. If he can walk you down - you are finished. Did you see how hard and fast he was throwing in round 10? 111 punches thrown alone in Round 6 for a Jr Middleweight. Come on, no one has that kind of stamina. Lara will get knocked out and Charlo is not beating him either.

Comment

Trout had me believing he was gonna run away with this fight for a little while. I respect the man he doesnt ever phone it in just comes up short. Kinda would like him to retire at this point to be honest. Maybe a winnable send off fight for a gutsy fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                Andre Ward is barely older and he just Retired. Lara is Cuban they have to defect to go pro. And he just went pro 9 years ago. GGG same thing.

Your also comparing GREATS to someone that is just good.

I get it! You like YOUR boy and have NO problem ignoring the almost 2 years of ring rust! But according to you that just makes them fresher and less wear itand tear doe
                It's not according to me, it's a known fact. Fighters who have lax schedules and haven't been through wars have a lot less wear and tear than others.

Ward retired not because of age but because he got a nice job as a commentator and he obviously ducking Stevenson.

I have never heard of a 32 year old being classified as an old AF boxer. At least not in this generation of boxers.

It sounds like you're just trying to discredit Hurd, worse thing is you contradict yourself by stating that Lara turned pro later than Trout, implying that he has less wear and tear compared to Trout despite being older, yet at the same time you try to brush away the wear and tear argument.

You're all over the place man. Pull yourself together.

Comment

Hurd is a monster, he just did something Canelo and Jermall couldn`t do, he stopped Trout.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxnation fan View Post
                    Hurd is a huge JMW, he will be a SMW within 3 years for sure.
                    Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                    Wow!!! Trout looked like he was 2-3 weight classes smaller.
                    Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
                    Jarrett Hurd size strength power wore Austin Trout down and stopped him good win for Hurd
                    Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                    He's a much bigger fighter than the other guys. He is bigger than Jermain Taylor who was a huge Middleweight. Canelo would stop Hurd. LARA would pick him apart.
                    Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
                    Hurd is a monster, he just did something Canelo and Jermall couldn`t do, he stopped Trout.
                    Hurd:
                    height 6' 1" / 185cm
                    reach 76½"/194cm

Comment

First time seeing or watching Hurd fight, he would need to improve if he doesn’t want the other Charlo brother to overtake that division. He has a long insane reach doe but he might need to work on his stamina a bit.

Comment

Working...
                      X