Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Spence-Peterson Expected to Be Announced on Saturday for 1/13

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    How would Peterson be mad if he is the one who says yes? & would it ever cross your mind that the other fighters don't want none of Errol at the moment?? Don't throw stones at the mountain (Al Haymon).
    Everyone knows nobody wants part of Errol Spence,that's no secret ...and go look at what berto said at the beginning of the year, Al haymon sent messages to his fighters that from now on everyone was fighting everyone, pay attention to what's going on..Al haymon is the boss at the end of the day, he wants to get a bang for his buck, it's almost like Danny Garcia was forced to fight Thurman, if it was for Danny and his father they would have stayed defending their belts against more tomato cans like rod salka. Andre berto was basically forced to fight Shawn Porter, he wanted no part of Shawn , those are facts, Al haymon is making the fights fans want to see , but might not be the best feelings for some of his fighters,,..think outside the box bro, nobody wants part of Errol Spence , not even Lamont Peterson,

Comment

Not a bad fight at all while Spence waits for Thurman. Spence by TKO.

Comment

Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
        Why is no one talking about Shawn Porter ducking Spence?

Everyone is blasting Thurman who's hurt and Garcia who just came off a tough first loss and no one mentions Porter who was a champion and is on a winning streak!

Spence has his belt and beat the man that beat him!

Porter calling out injured fighters or guy who's coming off of losses how about he go and try and get his old belt back!

It's easy to blame Garcia but fact is Danny has one of most solid resumes in boxing!

I think Peterson will need to fight like he did against Danny, keep using the ring and don't allow Spence to sit down on his shots!

Attack when in favorable positon and especially to the body, Spence kills himself to make 147 so his body is very vulnerable and I feel Lamont is one of the best body punchers in boxing!

It's too bad his power is ineffective it seems at 147 otherwise this would be a 50-50 fight!
        First of all, unlike Garcia, Spence is very good at cutting off the ring and getting into range (his has a long ass reach anyway and can punch from mid range if he has to.).

Secondly, a body attack won't work. Saw it against Brook, every time Brook tried that straight right to the body Spence would counter with an overhand left to the head. Eventually Brook stopped throwing that shot because he didn't wana take more of those overhand lefts to the head.

Secondly, if you gonna attack the body you gonna have to stand in Spence's range, and if you think you gonna win a shootout against him you got another thing coming.

Probably the guy who beats Spence will be the guy who forces him to fight on the back foot. Brook had a lot of success with that because he's big and strong AF himself, but Spence is just so relentless and indomitable you probably have to suck some energy and will directly from your soul itself to keep that up for 12 rounds.

Porter probably has the energy and stamina, but I feel he would get KTFO before the twelfth round by Spence.

Comment

Like the fighting in Jan gives Spence opportunity to turn it up to 3 fights in 2018. Something that is rare these days

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
            You're pretending to like Bradley to hide your disdain for black fighters lol. I see right through it. You always say something negative in every thread about a black fighter. Just be real.

You don't like Spence. No surprise there lol.
            I can say the same thing about you. That you only like black boxers and pretend to like others. I see right through you. We can play that game.

I like Spence but I'm just calling out the bullshit standards people like to flip flop.

Do I see greatness in Spence? Yea! He shouldn't be top 10 P4P right now though. He's just up there cause of hype just like Crawford as #1 to some. That's not hate, that's an honest opinion. Since you don't have anything good to come back on, you start accusing me of something that's false. But go ahead, it makes me feel good knowing people like you don't have something good to come back with. You only have 1 bullet in your chamber.

BTW if I didn't like Bradley and only pretended, I wouldn't know how to properly defend him and his resume being better than most.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              You are on some hater s**t.
              I'm a fan of Spence, but it doesn't mean I have to suck of his balls like you for example.

Comment

Yooo I'm def a Spence fan but I think at the same time people over looking the fact that Peterson has looked probably the best he's looked in his career in his last outing now that he's been running those marathons or whatever it is he started doing they mentioned...

And while I'm a Spence fan I'm a realist (see the name) and If I'm being real Spence, primarily is getting by on his size youth and power at 147 more than actual SKILLS not saying he don't got skills, but before the power took over I was not liking the way he was looking VS Brook and IMO had that fight gone 12 I think i'd have Brook winning so Spence is definitely beatable it's not like he's got Floyd type skills....he don't, and yes he is World Champ he is still improving as a pro every fight to where as someone like Garcia , Thurman, Porter, or Khans skills seemed to have peaked and we know what to expect

WIth Errol we still don't know what to expect I mean he's essentially a middleweight fighting at 147 and that's not necessarily a good thing for him he's on a clock...
                Last edited by Realizniguhnit; 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM.

Comment

Excellent Fight! Been rumored for awhile but great to see that it is confirmed. Boxing fans are not patient we want everything to happen over 1 Weekend but I'm OK with Quality of Fighters>Quantity

Rumors going around that he will make $3.5 Million, well that is the price you have to pay when guys take that next step in their career and is ready to get to that next level. Regardless if it is in Texas or Barclay, I think Spence Jr will draw VERY WELL now!

I'm OK with waiting until January with a clear Sports Schedule with no College Football to compete with!

Comment

People complaining Spence fights Peterson for first defense. Compare that with Horn, WBO champ fighting..Corcoran?

Peterson is actually very good fight for Spence, he is top 10 by the Ring.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                      The same dudes that ****ted on Bradley on my thread for beating Peterson, are going to make a big deal with Spence beating him. Watch!!!
                      the same dudes that said its ok for jeff horn to fight 76th ranked corcoran will say this is a crap fight!!

Comment

Working...
                      X