Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara: Canelo Has 3 Losses on Record - Me, Golovkin, Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lara should worry about his own career. Canelo was his last really good opponent and it was in 2014!

Lara is overrated.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
      His entire career is hinged on Canelo's. Funny part is even if he was awarded the Alvarez fight, he would still be in the same crappy situation victimizing Zaveck-type fighters, and Canelo would still be the same Mexican superstar he is today... These people just don't get it. You don't make a name beating only one fighter and in a boring fashion. This guy can't make it on his own.
      Exactly This^

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
        Lara "the tropical mexican" is one of the best ballerinas out there.....after that fight with canelo I decided to never purchase a fight where Lara was involved.....that ballerina promised to make it a violent fight and he was the reason that fight was a dud.
        He even showed up to Canelo\s post conference and called him out! Said he was gonna destroy him. Knock Canelo the F-OUT!!! And then RAN...

Comment

Originally posted by JakeTheBoxer View Post
          Lara should worry about his own career. Canelo was his last really good opponent and it was in 2014!

Lara is overrated.
          What pulling this guy out of retirement and away from his day job isn't a "good" opponent???

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
            I'm starting to like Lara, he's pretty funny.

He didn't beat Canelo doe, only Floyd and GGG did.
            I'm a fair person when it comes to fights.

I had Floyd CLEARLY beating Canelo. I don't even think I gave Canelo more than 2 rounds???

GGG I had winning 7-5

Lara would of probably won if he didn't just run all night. He didn't even try and set traps. Didn't hit and run...Jus ran! And the compubox stats back it up.

NO TECHNICAL boxer should EVER land almost the same amount of punches against a much slower boxer.

Total Landed.

Canelo 97
            Lara 107 (10 more WOW)His jab alone landed at 22%.

What REAL HIT and move defense look like! With setting traps the right way.

Mayweather 232 LANDED. Jab 42%.

Comment

imo mayweather and golovkin beat canelo's ass...not so with lara

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                I'm a fair person when it comes to fights.

I had Floyd CLEARLY beating Canelo. I don't even think I gave Canelo more than 2 rounds???

GGG I had winning 7-5

Lara would of probably won if he didn't just run all night. He didn't even try and set traps. Didn't hit and run...Jus ran! And the compubox stats back it up.

NO TECHNICAL boxer should EVER land almost the same amount of punches against a much slower boxer.

Total Landed.

Canelo 97
                Lara 107 (10 more WOW)His jab alone landed at 22%.

What REAL HIT and move defense look like! With setting traps the right way.

Mayweather 232 LANDED. Jab 42%.

Yup, I felt the same way. Lara could have won, but he just didn't do enough and let Canelo take the rounds. I know Lara is a mover, but you have to throw and land enough while moving, Lara was all movement while not throwing anything.

Lara showed he has the skills to win, but he allowed Canelo to outwork him.

And I can't see how Canelo won more than one round against Mayweather. Floyd was the man that night and that draw scorecard was just as disgusting as the 118-110 card for the GGG fight. I'm not even a fan of Floyd, just telling like it is.

Comment

Originally posted by v.cassiusali@ya View Post
                  imo mayweather and golovkin beat canelo's ass...not so with lara
                  If u say ggg won unconvincingly then thats a legitimate ARGUMENT but if u say he beat his ass then your bias af. I say ARGUMENT because it was fairly officially awarded a draw so your opinion is an argument. Most the so called "experts" who supposedly picked canelo to win,picked him to win by possible fix,& most are ggg fanbois & fanbois of american/euro fighters & hate on mexicans like all of american sportscasters.

I had canelo winning by 7-5 or maybe even 8-4 because he won CLEARLY rds 1-3,10-12 & rds 4,8.9 could've gone either way but I had him winning rd 8 & maybe 9 because he landed some big shots & made ggg look more amatuerish at times than floyd made him.Ggg was landing 1 punch at a time the entire fight mostly just jabs,he had zero body work,& zero of his signature hooks throughout, barely any combos whatsoever. Canelo controlled him the entire fight masterfully.

Before the fight I predicted literally what pretty much happened. I said Canelo would outbox him with superior footwork while his fanbois were crying that "despite him going to ko canelo" "if it goes to decision ggg gets robbed" sure enough they cried robbery as promised. When Mayweather "runs" the entire fight by masterfully outboxing his opponents with far less shots thrown,& far less attacking they say"he schooled him" but when canelo does that with way more trading & countercomboing they say "he only fought 4 30 seconds of each rd" but if fighter Red lands way more,cleaner shots in 30 sec. & makes fighter blue miss wildly 2:30 sec. then fighter red should win the rd.
                  Last edited by kushking; 10-12-2017, 06:05 AM.

Comment

The "Lara lost b/c he ran" argument is really poor imo. Yes he moved a lot, but I don't think Canelo did anything to deserve a "win" that night either.

I thought the fight shouldve been judged for Lara or called a draw. But i still can't see how anybody could say Canelo "won" and be taken seriously. He just didn't do anything that night. I get the frustration from fans but Canelo landed nothing in that fight and caught at least 30 - 40 left hands to the face. It wasn't a good night for him at all. Although Lara was very frustrating to watch.

What rounds are people giving to Canelo that night? Youd be hard pressed to find 7 on that film imo.
                    Last edited by Butch.McRae; 10-12-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
                      The "Lara lost b/c he ran" argument is really poor imo. Yes he moved a lot, but I don't think Canelo did anything to deserve a "win" that night either.

I thought the fight shouldve been judged for Lara or called a draw. But i still can't see how anybody could say Canelo "won" and be taken seriously. He just didn't do anything that night. I get the frustration from fans but Canelo landed nothing in that fight and caught at least 30 - 40 left hands to the face. It wasn't a good night for him at all. Although Lara was very frustrating to watch.

What rounds are people giving to Canelo that night? Youd be hard pressed to find 7 on that film imo.
                      are u kidding? Lara didn't do anything after getting bombed w 5 shot combo to the tumtum. He felt that force & said no mas And u saying he landed 30-40 jabs to the face shows how biased against canelo u are. That's nothing esp when thats the only thing lara threw.

Comment

Working...
                      X