Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cruiserweight William Bezerra (40-0 39 KOs) Surpass Rocky Marciano's 50-0?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    So now you are taking your interpretation of a dumb record that doesn't matter a damn and trying to ram it down other people's throats and calling them dumb, and even racist, if they don't want to swallow it! That's pretty dumb, imo.

Personally I don't care if a white guy, a black guy, or a Guy Fawkes dummy holds the record. I'm just saying what I thought it meant .. that it applied to world champions only and they had to retire, as champions, with a perfect record.
    I didn't say that was the only dumb reason. Its just seems like one of the dumb reasons like I mentioned clearly to avoid any confusion yet you seem confused by it.

But there is no championship angle to this. Some Buck Smith guy could have 51 fights in 51 days vs bs opponents he beats in a row & retire & he'd now have the record by December. The record is merely numbers.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      I didn't say that was the only dumb reason. Its just seems like one of the dumb reasons like I mentioned clearly to avoid any confusion yet you seem confused by it.

But there is no championship angle to this. Some Buck Smith guy could have 51 fights in 51 days vs bs opponents he beats in a row & retire & he'd now have the record by December. The record is merely numbers.
      That would be a different record doe. The one we're talking about applies to world champions only.

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
        That would be a different record doe. The one we're talking about applies to world champions only.
        No its not lol.

If you wanna make some new "stat"/"record" thats about only championship level guys or one thats only about guys who keep fighting championship fights til they retire thus Floyd is DQ'd for having one last non-championship fight or retiring as a champion or whatever those would be whole different things. This ain't really as complicated as all that.

This is about numbers. And any f#cking halfway decent boxer could fight 51 highly beatable guys & be the new guy with that record just like Tyrone Brunson broke that first round KO record by fighting bs opponents.

Comment

No its not lol.

If you wanna make some new "stat"/"record" thats about only championship level guys or one thats only about guys who keep fighting championship fights til they retire thus Floyd is DQ'd for having one last non-championship fight or retiring as a champion or whatever those would be whole different things. This ain't really as complicated as all that.

This is about numbers. And any f#cking halfway decent boxer could fight 51 highly beatable guys & be the new guy with that record just like Tyrone Brunson broke that first round KO record by fighting bs opponents.
          Marciano's record was for the most wins with no defeats or draws by any retired world champion. His KO of Ali in a computer simulation doesn't count because he was no longer a world champion by then.

Comment

No its not lol.

Bro, don't even trip about this ****.

This kind of reasoning these guys be using can go both ways. Why can't I say that the record is ACTUALLY who retired 50-0 with more world title defenses? Or the fighter who retired at an older age? It's ARGUABLE that those things are more important than retiring a champion. It's my opinion, and therefore, MY version of the record. It's completely arbitrary.. moving goal posts after the fact just makes the record "that" record in your own mind. 50-0 will be what's on the history books, and that's an objective fact that can't be changed.

Comment

I know hit hurts a lot of people on here that Marciano holds the best record in history in the most important weight class in the most important era. Unfortunately its a lot like the John Holmes problem yall have. Make all the jokes you want but until a man of your heritage whips it out and takes the throne a white man holds that record.

Same with Marciano. Until a black heavyweight hits 51-0 and has defeated some equal fighters to Joe Louis and Muhammad Ali, you're just going to have to keep playing the dozens and making jokes about white heavyweights trying to steer clear of the name Rocco Francis Marchegiano.

Comment

Working...
              X