Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will Cruiserweight William Bezerra (40-0 39 KOs) Surpass Rocky Marciano's 50-0?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
    It's just a big difference back in those days with 8 Champions in the entire sport as opposed to today at least 5 "Champions" in every weight class, and however many new weight classes and more on the horizon.
    Sure, but that "record" should be emotionless despite that is my point, but so many cats are now acting like its a record it never was cuz a new guy became the new record holder for that particular stat.

Back then to retire undefeated Champion was unheard of. Especially at Heavyweight for a short 186 pound guy that wouldn't even be allowed to fight a Heavyweight today. I think his legend is more of that than just being white. Race was definitely a factor though.
    Race is for sure a big factor to certain fans nowadays. And to some its a big factor for opposite reasons.

The 49-0 thing is of no more importance than 50-0 doe & thats what both nutty sides are trying to deny. And I personally look forward to some Thai guy retiring at 70 something & 0 so both those sides can stfu although probably all it'll do is insure they join forces to say why the Thai guy ain't sh^t one day.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
      Didn't he retire?

This 49-0 & now 50-0 perfect record "stat" is among the dumbest records in boxing history but because Rocky Marciano held that record for so long it became some white dude shroud of turin seemingly high level boxing type bs stat thats more important than it ever should've been and now that a non-white dude has it & some some non-American (from Thailand I predict although not that guy around right now cuz he'll lose before he retires) will soon after a lot of the same cats who've been hyping 49-0 are trying to change the goalposts on what 49-0 means. The reality is Marciano had like 8 or so real fights & has a garbage resume for such a hyped HW & got out of the game earlier cuz boxing is corrupt as f#ck & his manager was f#cking him more than he was f#cking girls with his suitcase of dildos and a perfect record "record" isn't about just one division its about all divisions otherwise random undefeated guys in history would have been hyped as the "undefeated" bantanweight or middleweight or whateverweight guy & they haven't been hyped like Marciana was as the perfect record boxer, not just HW boxer.

/rant
      I agree this is a meaningless bull**** record .. but let's forget that and talk about it like it really matters, lol.

To beat Rocky's record, Floyd would have needed to retire undefeated as a world champion with better than 49-0 stats. And of course, he didn't do that, being on 49-0 himself when he retired.

He was no longer a world title holder when he came back to fight Conor, so, in actual fact, Floyd and Rocky are still tied for the record.
      Last edited by kafkod; 10-11-2017, 03:04 PM.

Comment

who cares if he breaks the record, he still will be irrelvent cuzz he's never beaten anyone good, Marco Huck or Mike Perez would stop him in a round

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
          I agree this is a meaningless bull**** record .. but let's forget that and talk about it like it really matters, lol.

To beat Rocky's record, Floyd would have needed to retire undefeated as a world champion with better than 49-0 stats. And of course, he didn't do that, being on 49-0 himself when he retired.

He was no longer a world title holder when he came back to fight Conor, so, in actual fact, Floyd and Rocky are still tied for the record.
          LOL see this is what I'm talking about. People are moving the goalposts on this 49-0 thing when there is no goalposts other than being retired & better than 49-0. Some will even say you gotta be a HW, some will say you gotta have been a title holder. Some will say other sh^t, but all you gotta be is better than 49-0 & retired to beat Rocky or now 50-0 or better to beat Floyd.

Its a dumb f#cking record, but the people trying to act like Floyd isn't the new record holder of this record are dumber or being dumber about this subject for certain reasons (loved that a white guy held it, hate that a black guy broke it, loves Rocky, hates Floyd, loves old timey boxing, hates current boxing or some other silly or worse reason).

Comment

lol..what???? Marciano had less title fights than Mayweather..Half of Floyds career was spent as a world champion

Comment

The only thing worse than a stupid record, is a stupid record that continually has the goalposts moved.

Comment

Floyd is the best fighter to ever retire undefeated and it is not even close...lol

The man is a 5 divisions champ
                4 division lineal champ
                12 time champion

threads like this are hilarious..to even compare Mayweather to ****ing Rocky Marciano is hilarious

BUT TROLLS WILL BE TROLLS..KEEP ON TROLLING TROLLS

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
                  I've seen Bezerra before. You couldn't find a more god awful guy with an undefeated record.

All this talk of record is hilarious. Why is everyone so distraught about finding someone to replace Floyd?

The reality is that Floyd's 50-0 record is only meaningful because of who he beat. The exact record is useless. If you removed the first ten fights from his resume he'd still be one of the best fighters ever, and would have a less impressive looking 40-0.
                  ...and the last one.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    LOL see this is what I'm talking about. People are moving the goalposts on this 49-0 thing when there is no goalposts other than being retired & better than 49-0. Some will even say you gotta be a HW, some will say you gotta have been a title holder. Some will say other sh^t, but all you gotta be is better than 49-0 & retired to beat Rocky or now 50-0 or better to beat Floyd.

Its a dumb f#cking record, but the people trying to act like Floyd isn't the new record holder of this record are dumber or being dumber about this subject for certain reasons (loved that a white guy held it, hate that a black guy broke it, loves Rocky, hates Floyd, loves old timey boxing, hates current boxing or some other silly or worse reason).
                    So now you are taking your interpretation of a dumb record that doesn't matter a damn and trying to ram it down other people's throats and calling them dumb, and even racist, if they don't want to swallow it! That's pretty dumb, imo.

Personally I don't care if a white guy, a black guy, or a Guy Fawkes dummy holds the record. I'm just saying what I thought it meant .. that it applied to world champions only and they had to retire, as champions, with a perfect record.

Comment

Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
                      The only thing worse than a stupid record, is a stupid record that continually has the goalposts moved.
                      There are no goalposts. That's why it's a stupid record.

Comment

Working...
                      X