Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hearn: A Shame, Loma vs. Rigo Won't Be as Big as it Should Be

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Hearn: A Shame, Loma vs. Rigo Won't Be as Big as it Should Be

In two months time, world champions Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs) and Vasyl Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs) will finally collide in the ultimate bragging rights showdown. Their ESPN televised bout will go down on December 9th from The Theater in Madison Square Garden in New York City. Rigondeaux, who holds the WBA super bantamweight title, will head up by two weight classes to face Lomachenko for the WBO super featherweight belt.
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's right. Casual fans don't know who Rigo is, but surprising Loma isn't getting as much acclaim as Canelo and GGG. For me anyway, he's more exciting to watch than them. I wonder if Loma was American whether he'd be more popular.

Comment

Triple G is p4p best but loma will take that title in years to come golovkin age will catch him in two years time by then loma should of had 5 more kos on his record and a few weights higher

Comment

Well let us not forget that he would not put Scott Quigg in with him when he was the WBA regular belt holder..... Both Scott and Carl knew that if they lost the money fight between them was over.

He could have tried to get him over and build him up, he has the platform for it.

The first time Conor Benn fought, I got asked in the pub about a future fight between Conon Benn Vr Eubank jr. I had to explain that 20 - 30 pounds different.
        Sky Sport in the UK have the punters eating out of there hands. "OHara Davies supposedly quit in his last fight"
        Their was no supposedly about it. He lost and quit to the better fighter but that did not stop them putting it into the sky fight fans that he might not have!!!!

Comment

IT'S FREE, on ESPN!!

Every t.v. in every public establishment(bar/restaurant)will have this fight on!! It will one of the most viewed fights. Everyone will be talking about this fight, come fight week

Comment

Originally posted by kavi521 View Post
            Well let us not forget that he would not put Scott Quigg in with him when he was the WBA regular belt holder..... Both Scott and Carl knew that if they lost the money fight between them was over.

He could have tried to get him over and build him up, he has the platform for it.

The first time Conor Benn fought, I got asked in the pub about a future fight between Conon Benn Vr Eubank jr. I had to explain that 20 - 30 pounds different.
            Sky Sport in the UK have the punters eating out of there hands. "OHara Davies supposedly quit in his last fight"
            Their was no supposedly about it. He lost and quit to the better fighter but that did not stop them putting it into the sky fight fans that he might not have!!!!

I send this in an earlier thread, White boy with Daddy money and connections got the break in USA, whilst other promoters in the usa cannot even talk to HBO. He screwed up PPV in england with David Haye vs Audrey Harrison and because it flopped he was given a 15 year contract to do sky boxing seriously you cannot even make this up. He should have made scott quiqq for Rigo, but why did not suit him

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
              He's right. Casual fans don't know who Rigo is, but surprising Loma isn't getting as much acclaim as Canelo and GGG. For me anyway, he's more exciting to watch than them. I wonder if Loma was American whether he'd be more popular.
              No he wouldn't. Small fighters don't pull big viewing audiences. Its a historical fact.

Until he moves up to 140, and more importantly 147, he won't get much attention from the mainstream.

This fight is fabulous for fans of the sport, but little guys don't get love from the general public.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                I send this in an earlier thread, White boy with Daddy money and connections got the break in USA, whilst other promoters in the usa cannot even talk to HBO. He screwed up PPV in england with David Haye vs Audrey Harrison and because it flopped he was given a 15 year contract to do sky boxing seriously you cannot even make this up. He should have made scott quiqq for Rigo, but why did not suit him
                I might be wrong but Eddie Hearn wasn't involved with Haye vs Harrison. Haye promoted himself through Hayemaker promotions and Harrison was represented by Frank Warren. You're right though, that fight soured Sky on putting boxing on PPV and Warren went and created Boxnation. Hearn however brought boxing back to Sky Sports afterwards.

Comment

Originally posted by povalles77 View Post
                  Every t.v. in every public establishment(bar/restaurant)will have this fight on!! It will one of the most viewed fights. Everyone will be talking about this fight, come fight week
                  No they won't. I'm in NYC not too far from the fight itself and I guarantee you not one bar in this neighborhood will have the fight on. I'll have to ask them to put it on, like I usually do.

Comment

Originally posted by rudy View Post
                    Haye vs Harrison was his very first fight. He's done alright for himself since that why not mention the numerous successes he's had since that?

Comment

Working...
                    X