Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Hunter: 'Honest' Critics Will Remember Andre Ward as a Great

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mlac View Post
    oh ****, soul dropping some truth bombs.
    I only ever drop truth bombs.

Comment

Originally posted by xvG-MONEYvx View Post
      Didn't he answer that question with the knockout?
      Sort of, but the last punch Ward landed was low and the ref waved it off it was strange

Comment

Originally posted by hrt3333 View Post
        Sort of, but the last punch Ward landed was low and the ref waved it off it was strange
        It's safe to say that Ward was winning the fight anyway, and Kovalev was gonna be stopped eventually. And I actually was rooting for Kovalev

Comment

Quote:
          Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
          Not top secret info, friend. Low blows, head butts, all that type thing.

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
          Well those are "fouls", not "flaws". I thought you were going to list his technical flaws. I'm still waiting for the people that don't like Ward to tell me of the flaws he has as a boxer.
          I've said it a hundred times, Ward was good enough to have not done those things during his fights. And could have likely won them without resorting to that b.s. So maybe there's a panic button, a mental defect, some reason he usually resorted to those actions. So yeah, that IS a flaw(s).

Comment

Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Quote:
            Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
            Not top secret info, friend. Low blows, head butts, all that type thing.

I've said it a hundred times, Ward was good enough to have not done those things during his fights. And could have likely won them without resorting to that b.s. So maybe there's a panic button, a mental defect, some reason he usually resorted to those actions. So yeah, that IS a flaw(s).
            And all this time I was thinking a flaw was something like bad stamina, bad technique, or maybe terrible IQ.

You should go with mental defect. The gold medal winning, undefeated 2 division champion is insane in the membrane and don't know how to stop fouling.

Comment

Andre Ward is without a doubt one of the gretest fighters of our era

Comment

Originally posted by N!Ck F. View Post
                Your lack of boxing knowledge is confusing you. I will try and dumb it down just for you. I said there is a difference between GREAT BOXERS and GREAT FIGHTERS. A GREAT BOXER is someone like Andre Ward, they have undeniable skill & in terms of pure boxing science (hit and don’t get it) are amongst the best in the world. However, because of their refusal to put excitement & entertainment first they often have an extremely low/small fan base, are often engaged in fights so boring you change the channel after 3 rounds. They don’t sell a lot tickets, they don’t sell a lot of PPV’s....while their talent and skill is undisputable, their courage, blood & guts warrior spirit is non-existent, once they retire they are seldom mentioned as most people remember them as boring & lacking the warrior spirit the sport is famous for. Another example is of a GREAT BOXER, but lame as hell fighter is Rigondeaux.

Now a GREAT FIGHTER is a guy like Arturo Gatti. A guy who despite a lack of pure boxing skills has an enormous cult like following, is talked about 10+ years after his death, sold out arenas and was a huge draw and star. Win, lose or draw all of a GREAT FIGHTERS fights are exciting. They have your heart pounding and palms sweaty before the bell even rings your so excited.
                They captivate hardcore and casual fans alike with their determination and unwillingness to take a step back in retreat. They lay it all the line every fight, they fight through injury and pain to win. Their highlight videos give you goosebumps and make you wanna go to the boxing gym.
                They are the guys that end up on walls immortalized in posters. The guys that despite having multiple losses on their records are still huge in the sport.

Arturo Gatti was a great fighter. He was not a great boxer.

Andre Ward was a great BOXER. He was not a great FIGHTER.

Do you understand now?
                i understand. You've got to come up with some bs because you don't want to admit your example was dumb as hell. I'm in complete understanding. The past almost 40 years, if your name isn't, Chavez, Tyson, De la Hoya, Mayweather, Leonard, chances are you aint selling a lot of ppvs. so please cut out that "exciting" nonsense. Jimmy Thunder during the TNF days in the 90s was one of the most exciting hws on the market, but dude was a journeyman at bes.

Comment

Originally posted by xvG-MONEYvx View Post
                  It's safe to say that Ward was winning the fight anyway, and Kovalev was gonna be stopped eventually. And I actually was rooting for Kovalev
                  You’re not wrong but it left a bitter taste in my mouth you know?

I actually liked when Floyd decked Ortiz but to me it’s like retiring after that.

Comment

Working...
                  X