No announcement yet.

someone explain to me again why a 25 year old kid,

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by coachj7 View Post
    IMO the hate for GGG comes down to his resume and all the praise he receives. Its hard to rank him with the greats in MW history based on who he's fought. I agree, MW has been weak in his reign. But the only 160lb guy that ducked him was Sergio Martinez. With that being said, he would be receiving praise from all if he would have moved up to 168 to fight ward or new competition and challenge himself at 168. Also everybody wants the money fight against mayweather, and GGG was willing to cut weight and fight him at 154lb.....but not the other legit fighters at that weight. To me, it was his stubborn mentality of not moving up or catchweight fights.

Look at Loma, his resume isn't spectacular. But everyone loves him bc he actively moves up to fight the best or next level of competition once fighters in his current weight duck him, contract negotiations break down, with a rival promoter, etc. Loma doesn't care about giving up 15+ lbs in weight the night of the fight.

All the greats have challenged themselves and moved up if needed.
    Not just Martinez. Sturm, Quillin, Geale and Barker all turned down very good offers to fight GGG when they held world titles at 160.

And that bullshit about "all the greats" moving up to higher divisions keeps being repeated here, and it simply isn't true.

Comment

Originally posted by coachj7 View Post
      IMO the hate for GGG comes down to his resume and all the praise he receives. Its hard to rank him with the greats in MW history based on who he's fought. I agree, MW has been weak in his reign. But the only 160lb guy that ducked him was Sergio Martinez. With that being said, he would be receiving praise from all if he would have moved up to 168 to fight ward or new competition and challenge himself at 168. Also everybody wants the money fight against mayweather, and GGG was willing to cut weight and fight him at 154lb.....but not the other legit fighters at that weight. To me, it was his stubborn mentality of not moving up or catchweight fights.

Look at Loma, his resume isn't spectacular. But everyone loves him bc he actively moves up to fight the best or next level of competition once fighters in his current weight duck him, contract negotiations break down, with a rival promoter, etc. Loma doesn't care about giving up 15+ lbs in weight the night of the fight.

All the greats have challenged themselves and moved up if needed.
      this is exactly it

but his stubborn fans cant admit any wrong doing or even take a single back step to admit weakness

even in a loss to ward he would have received props from me and many others for the willingness....but he did exactly what his fans make fun of other fighters for.....he chased more money at a guy coming up in weight.....meanwhile these guys all holler about legacy and fighting the best....this all after golovkin tried to make money fights at 168 with lesser fighters than ward

loma 10 fights in and his resume will be about as good as golovkins already lol...thats why guys dont bust on him nearly as bad...the only people that really bust on him are those who are fans of floyd, ward etc that feel slighted

Comment

Idiot, fighters at their peak at 25.

Comment

Canelo era innit'.

Comment

I think the criticism is rooted in Canelo's willingness to give up his belt and declare he wasn't a real MW, rather than fight GGG. That is now moot.

Comment

I think I'll start taking a knee for the racial bigotry perpetuated against Golovkin. He is the real victim of racial injustice.

Comment

Originally posted by Xi_ View Post
                How do you seek out challenges when you don't wanna move out of arguably the weakest division in boxing?
                Idiot. Andrade, Charlo, Jacobs, Canelo are bums according to you? MW is actually one of the upper echelon of competition you clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Curt Henning View Post
                  who had fought welters/jr mw's and already been in big ppv events, was supposed to be in a hurry or rush to fight a 33 year old guy with a lackluster ppv under his belt against a guy that lost to joachime alcine and marco rubio?

i dont get it guys...i still see golovkin fanboys running around here talkin bout canelo waiting ggg out and waitin for him to show signs of rust

what was he supposed to do ? fight golovkin 5 years ago too? lolol...

its just sad....i aint even gonna bash golovkin...but yall ran around here swearing canelo bout to get his career, life etc. ended....and golovkin couldnt even convincingly beat a guy floyd whitewashed......cmon guys...get a grip and realize golovkin is a real good fighter...he just aint great like yall wanted him to be
                  Golovkin fanboys forced the fight by complaining. Is that your bizzare take on what happened. What happened is for some inexplicable reason his countrymen grew disenchanted with him and public pressure forced the fight. The inexplicable reason is only a mystery
                  to you.

Comment

I think k unt henning is
                    1. Giving the real mr perfect a bad name
                    2. An obsessed hater that doesn't understand boxing
                    3. Trying to save face as canelo lost and he would have been irked had the fought two years ago like they were supposed to

GGG waited for this fight he needed this platform fight to boost him like may and PAC did with Oscar but it was a little too late. Had it happened 2 years ago and ggg not stepped up to fight Ward then that's saying something. Shoot I still sh it on GGG and his team for talking all that sh it and then ducking Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                      Idiot. Andrade, Charlo, Jacobs, Canelo are bums according to you? MW is actually one of the upper echelon of competition you clown.
                      He is only saying that because GGG is in the division and he wants to see him move up and lose so he can call him a bum

Comment

Working...
                      X