Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Will Boxing Take a Stand (Or a Knee) on Anthem Protests?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some marginally talented fighter will no doubt take a knee (same way Kaepernick was a marginally talented QB with nothing to lose). But the difference is, the NFL has a captive audience with paid sponsors who won't pull their ads. Too much money to be made on either side.

Boxing on the other hand, needs to fight for sponsorship and viewers with each fight. They can't afford to start pissing off fans and giving them a reason to turn off the television. I imagine the top promoters and managers in the business have had conversations with their fighters that speak to this. In the "Business" of boxing, it wouldn't be good business. They don't have the same big league machine behind them to fall back on, big corporations sponsoring them, or teammates to take the heat with them. Boxing depends on attendance, viewership numbers and PPV. It can't afford to gamble revenue on making a political statement.

Comment

• Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
      I don't have an issue with black people protesting or not liking the history of this country.

What I take issue with is that there's plenty of people who would LOVE to have their spot here and gladly stand if nothing else for our soldiers.

People lack respect, they lack heart, they lack integrity. The major reason for this whole issue? Trump got elected instead of a treasonous fake b1tch. They've been crying about it since, just the way they have about Floyd giving Manny a boxing lesson and Ward beating kovalev into submission.

Go **** yourself. have a nice day....puto
      Unfortunately, those people are losers like you, so they don't have that spot. Tough ****, deal with it.
      Learn some history of this sport while you are at it.

Comment

• Originally posted by wmute View Post
        Unfortunately, those people are losers like you, so they don't have that spot. Tough ****, deal with it.
        Learn some history of this sport while you are at it.
        What's interesting is your broad statements.

So the people who would LOVE to be here are losers, yet the people who protest like whiny little children could easily move to a place where they could stand proud for a flag and a countries history they agree with?

Comment

What's interesting is your broad statements.

So the people who would LOVE to be here are losers, yet the people who protest like whiny little children could easily move to a place where they could stand proud for a flag and a countries history they agree with?
          Are you saying you (or others like you) could be NFL stars? If so, why aren't you?

Comment

Are you saying you (or others like you) could be NFL stars? If so, why aren't you?
            Where did I say anything of the sort?

Why don't you tell me if you defend this type of protest, and if so, why?

Comment

Where did I say anything of the sort?

Why don't you tell me if you defend this type of protest, and if so, why?
              You said others would love to be in that spot and not protest, i pointed out the obvious, that those others you talk about clearly did not have the skills and dedication to be there. You claimed otherwise.

I am not interested in the protest. If taking a knee is legal, it falls within their goddam right to take a knee, and they earned the power to do so in your face on TV.

The founding fathers wrote a constitution, not an anthem. Smart citizens care about the constitution. Fools care about the anthem.

EDIT: how cute behaving like a little whiny b!tch and giving me red. What next? You are going to report my posts because I am taking advantage of an obvious ******? Go back to your comfort zone in your mom's basement.
              Last edited by wmute; 10-03-2017, 03:02 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                Some marginally talented fighter will no doubt take a knee (same way Kaepernick was a marginally talented QB with nothing to lose). But the difference is, the NFL has a captive audience with paid sponsors who won't pull their ads. Too much money to be made on either side.

Boxing on the other hand, needs to fight for sponsorship and viewers with each fight. They can't afford to start pissing off fans and giving them a reason to turn off the television. I imagine the top promoters and managers in the business have had conversations with their fighters that speak to this. In the "Business" of boxing, it wouldn't be good business. They don't have the same big league machine behind them to fall back on, big corporations sponsoring them, or teammates to take the heat with them. Boxing depends on attendance, viewership numbers and PPV. It can't afford to gamble revenue on making a political statement.
                Exactly. NFL is the most successful sports league in the world and even they were hit hard by the protest fallout. Imagine a sport like boxing starting that stuff, they would be wiped out completely..

Comment

You said others would love to be in that spot and not protest, i pointed out the obvious, that those others you talk about clearly did not have the skills and dedication to be there. You claimed otherwise.

I am not interested in the protest. If taking a knee is legal, it falls within their goddam right to take a knee, and they earned the power to do so in your face on TV.

The founding fathers wrote a constitution, not an anthem. Smart citizens care about the constitution. Fools care about the anthem.
                  I meant that plenty of people would love to be here in general, **** football and those roids freaks.

Comment

I meant that plenty of people would love to be here in general, **** football and those roids freaks.
                    It may have escaped your sharp wit, but people come here because protesting is one of many freedoms we enjoy in this country.

Comment

It may have escaped your sharp wit, but people come here because protesting is one of many freedoms we enjoy in this country.
                      No, I think you just lack the integrity to just say some people (yourself included) act like little b1tches when someone tells you you're free to go somewhere else if you don't like this country. It's called being a puzzy, and you're pretty good at it.

Comment

Working...
                      X