Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Wilder's Manager: Deontay is Feared - 3 Failed Foes in 16 Months!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    No one else has had 3 fights cancelled in 16 months due to opponents failing PED testing.
    Yet 2 of the three have used substances against other fighters, so please tell me how Wilder is the cause?

Comment

Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      Quote:
      Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
      “This is very early. We don’t exactly what’s going to happen,”

Exactly. So IOW, Wilder needs to chill out and wait for details, like any sane person would. And that INCLUDES boxing fans.

So, if he DOES have high blood pressure, what's the problem?

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      The problem is this.

If he legit had blood pressure issues, he would fail every test before every fight and after. He hasn't.

He failed one other time for something totally unrelated.

This is the FIRST time he's failed for this reason.

Regardless, he had an easy solution - get a TUE the moment the fight was signed and report the medication for additional evaluation. He didn't do that.

I get it, you guys want Wilder to lose so bad that you're kosher with him getting in there with someone roided up or with some sort of "advantage" or whatever. It excites you the potential that he loses. I get it.

I actually don't mind Ortiz still fighting because I think diuretics shouldn't be banned. What bothers me is people defending him when he's the one at fault here.
      Actually, no, I'm just trying to figure out if VADA does waive high blood pressure meds IF Ortiz does have high blood pressure. And your argument he never needed them before would only be valid if a person either has or doesn't have high blood pressure all their lives. Myself, I've had it on and off for years, but only since I reached my 30s (I'm in my 60s now). And I would imagine that's how it is with many people. As for Ortiz not mentioning it when he signed for the fight, yes that's a big mistake on his part. The questions now are, IMO, does he have high blood pressure, and if so, does VADA allow the meds for it. Obviously all bets are off if he doesn't have high blood pressure. But I think we need to know all the info, including that, before reaching a conclusion.

Comment

Originally posted by juggernaut666 View Post
        Wilder is strong as hell for his weight , Paulie couldn't punch through a wet paper bag and Mayweather point fights . You cant seriously compare a force of a HW to those guys .
        My point is, without that titanium steel insurance in his hand, Wilder would be limited to the force his natural bones could take from punch impact. He wouldn't throw with impunity.

Comment

Working...
        X