No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ex-Manager Fears For Rigondeaux in Lomachenko Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ex-Manager Fears For Rigondeaux in Lomachenko Fight

Gary Hyde, the former manager of WBA super bantamweight champion Guillermo Rigondeaux (17-0, 11 KOs), believes the Cuban fighter has made a huge mistake in accepting a fight to move up by two weight divisions to challenge WBO super featherweight champion Vasyl Lomachenko (9-1, 7 KOs). The fight is scheduled to headline an ESPN televised event at Madison Square Garden on Saturday, December 9.
    [Click Here To Read More]

So Hyde would advise Rigo not to take his highest potential payday at age where retirement clearly can't be too many fights away.

I'm guessing Rigo knows full well what he's getting into and the risks involved - and frankly from a legacy point of view this is a win-win for the Cuban.

Comment

... it's done: error or not, Rigo took the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
        So Hyde would advise Rigo not to take his highest potential payday at age where retirement clearly can't be too many fights away.

I'm guessing Rigo knows full well what he's getting into and the risks involved - and frankly from a legacy point of view this is a win-win for the Cuban.
        I agree 100% Now if Rigo had the option of fighting Loma, LSC, Mares, GRJ, or Valdez @ 126, then I would rather see that, but I still applaud Rigo for accepting the challenge @ 130!

Comment

No excuses! If he isn't the favourite then it isn't that much of a risk.

Comment

it is a big ask alright

he is definitely the best fighter in the world if he can pull it off

I like them both, but I gotta ride with Rigo just for having the balls to make this fight

Loma is a dynamo, I can see Rigo getting outworked, especially if his power doesn't carry

Comment

Rigo is overcome with jealousy at Lomachenko. He is mad the Loma's getting attention and he doesn't, he even threw in the race card which is pathetic. The truth is Loma's offensive output and his style to try and finish fights, is what makes him popular where as Guillermo is satisfied with just countering and boxing his way to a boring decision. I still think Rigo can win because he is still very skilled and Loma is showing off so much right now, that I think he will get careless and maybe got caught with something.

Comment

It's a risk rigo had to take at his age and with all the inactivity. It's the biggest fight and payday of his career and should be a brilliant fight. I still have loma winning though.

Comment

Rigo is a step from the end , legacy and that stuff are only important if you are set for life and you can worry about the spiritual aspect of your career , Rigo is not Ward he cant just hang them up and be set for life he needs the big pay days and Loma is the biggest he can make , if he loses (most likely) then at least he makes some money to support him self , he will need to keep working unless he goes back to a 3rd world country.
                  I am hoping for a Rigo win due to being a big underdog and old as me

Comment

Its the only choice Rigo had left. After Salido beat Loma, the dude will never fight someone on an even playing field. he just beat a dude coming off a loss, before that he fought Walters coming off a 1 year lay off. The dude before that was a bum and before that he knocked out a guy who was knocked out by the guy who beat him!

He avoided Mikey Garcia by not moving up to 135 to fight him, calls himself p4p but wont ever fight Bud who sits at 140. A real p4p champion moves up divisions to take out the best fighters ala Ward. Lomachenko will continue to fight fighters that are at a disadvantage either physically or mentally and his gullible fans will eat that **** up and coronate him as the p4p great.

Comment

Working...
                    X