Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin Third in Ticket Sales in Boxing History ($27M)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
    Pacquiao is still #1! Pac is the Cash Cow.
    you really are an emberassment aren't you? did the best part of you dribble down your mom's thigh? little *******

Comment

All that said- the Canelo v. Golovkin rematch will legitimately be a bigger fight.

Whatever money they did with this first event- both live gate and PPV, an immediate rematch will do better. No Floyd/Conor distraction, a rock solid story line going in, and one of the truest see-saw match ups among big name fighters right now.

Seems to me all the incentive is there for them to not waste time here and to get this done.

Comment

Originally posted by Sp0rty Cr@ig View Post
        Bro your numbers prove that GGG is a draw. Obviously Canelo is the A side but didnt Canelo-GGG sell way more than Canelo-Cotto?

GGG did more buys than ever before but so did Canelo (excluding Mayweather fight)

BOTH are draws even tho Canelo is the bigger draw. Your post made it seem like Canelo always sells this many PPVs which is not true
        No. My post clearly stated these #s have more to do with canelo popularity and sell power than GGG. That's it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
          All that said- the Canelo v. Golovkin rematch will legitimately be a bigger fight.

Whatever money they did with this first event- both live gate and PPV, an immediate rematch will do better. No Floyd/Conor distraction, a rock solid story line going in, and one of the truest see-saw match ups among big name fighters right now.

Seems to me all the incentive is there for them to not waste time here and to get this done.
          It's very likely that the numbers will be almost identical. Just check the history of PPV immediate rematches.

You only see a big jump if there's been some time between the fights and one of the guys have become substantially more popular.

There's only a few true examples of that situation and that is Juan Manuel Marquez and I believe time Bradley with Pacquiao.

All the other rematches perform pretty similar to the previous fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Butch.McRae View Post
            It's very likely that the numbers will be almost identical. Just check the history of PPV immediate rematches.

You only see a big jump if there's been some time between the fights and one of the guys have become substantially more popular.

There's only a few true examples of that situation and that is Juan Manuel Marquez and I believe time Bradley with Pacquiao.

All the other rematches perform pretty similar to the previous fight.
            I think the Mayweather/McGregor fight being 3 weeks before Canelo vs. Golovkin fight is pretty significant and unusual though.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike_R View Post
              I think the Mayweather/McGregor fight being 3 weeks before Canelo vs. Golovkin fight is pretty significant and unusual though.
              That's a fair point. It could have created a decrease in demand. Not sure we have any data points to support that though. We'll see what happens.

Comment

Mayweather must give these guys the blues the way he dominates the records in PPV and Live gate revenue. Everywhere u turn u must mention his name when it comes to top totals!

Comment

Canelo has always done well since Floyd left Cinco De Mayweather open. Good for him.

Comment

A guy from Kazakhstan who was pretty much unknown 5 years ago, is now #1 P4P and setting records, thats just beautiful. Now if they just not robbed him of that clear victory.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                      A guy from Kazakhstan who was pretty much unknown 5 years ago, is now #1 P4P and setting records, thats just beautiful. Now if they just not robbed him of that clear victory.
                      He isn't #1 on the TBRB rankings and those are the only fair and unbiased ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X