Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Retains, Wins Majority Decision Over Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were both so bad, hard to argue anyone 'won' the fight.

Fury was just more bad. All fight moving away flicking out an ineffective jab, trying to catch Parker with a single punch as he was rushing in, then tying up.

I'm just happy for boxing that Fury's performance wasn't rewarded with a W - don't particularly care about the scores. Imo boxing won by Parker keeping his belt - barely. Let the Joshuas or Wilders deal with Parker in the right way.

Comment

David Haye will take that belt off Parker and set up a fight with AJ next year. Even though Haye isn't even ranked in the top 15 he'll find a way of getting in there. With Christian Hammer at no.2 behind Hughie Fury you can see why the WBO will welcome a big name like David Haye with open arms.

Comment

Fury didn't do ****. You could count the power punches he landed on one hand. A jab with nothing on it is the lowest scoring punch. That's all he landed.

Comment

What a boring low-level fight! Championship-fight LMAO!!!
          Parker seems to get worse and Hughie is a C-Level Version of his cousin. But the right guy won.

Comment

Didnt bother logging into the live stream until the 10th round and sure enough theres Fury the bum running for 3 straight minutes trying to steal a belt with his hometown priveledge. Not today Poo-ey

Comment

I did think it would be a draw or Fury 7-5 tbh.

YES, Fury didn't look great, and the holding was horrible, but I thought what he was doing - while extremely negative - was working. We've seen LOTS of fights scored for that style. LOTS.

Regardless, Parker looked like a floating turd in there... the daft cunt was so slow he made Carl Froch in a bear trap look like Speedy Gonzales. A "L" is surely in his near future.

Comment

How the **** did Fury only win 2 rounds? 118 - 110??? Robbery. I had Fury winning 9-4.. Boring fight and Parker looked desperate was struggling, his punches were landing on the arms and elbows. Fury was on the back foot too much but his timing was good.

Comment

Originally posted by rdb85 View Post
                  By not getting knocked down or even hit and connecting with more punches,he was making parker miss especially in all the first 4 rounds and whether there was much behind them or not he was the only one connecting
                  Parker's half-landed shots caused more damage than Hughie's complete whiffs. Parker was jabbing to the body, punching around the guard to the sides of his torso and punching through the guard to his head. Nothing clean, but undoubtedly better than the two weak uppercuts and handful of powderpuff jabs that Hughie landed in the fight. If someone with a record of 14-8-3 had given an identical performance to Hughie then perhaps you would recognise it for the negative bottle-job that it was

Comment

Parker looked bad but it's hard not to against such negativity. I would like to see Povetkin elimate Hammer and then get one last shot at a title. It would be fireworks for sure

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
                      What, when Richie Woodhall said Parker won?

The word is "biased" btw.
                      Richie was the only one worth applauding. Did you hear the rest of it? It was 12 rounds of sucking Fury off.

I know, the verb is biased, the noun is bias. I also don't give a ****, because we're talking boxing, not studying English, btw.

Comment

Working...
                      X