Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Retains, Wins Majority Decision Over Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by yoshik View Post
    he is the worst HW in the history of boxing.
    Yes, he's clearly worse than Brian Sutherland.

Comment

Originally posted by NahMean View Post
      How the **** did Fury only win 2 rounds? 118 - 110??? Robbery. I had Fury winning 9-4.. Boring fight and Parker looked desperate was struggling, his punches were landing on the arms and elbows. Fury was on the back foot too much but his timing was good.
      I missed the 13th round tho.

Comment

I honestly think it was a draw, but I don't do draws in title fights, so, Parker wins by a swing round due to Fury not doing enough.

I'm talking boxing skills, footwork, setting traps, who won the exchanges before tying up etc ....Fury is the the far superior boxer with movement, timing, jab etc....Parker won on aggression alone.

Hughie needs to do more in the swing rounds and throw more right hands and power shots, and do more on the inside, then he would win.

My argument is Hughie is the mor skilled boxer. Show me a HW that throws himself into the ropes and has the footwork to avoid Joseph Parker charging and totally nullify him! show me.

Comment

I thought the right man won, but i thought it was a close one. Not really feeling the 118-110 cards.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            Because I'm sure you're incredibly objective about the sport. :bukkake:

Seems a lot of posters scored it by what they wanted to see.

Of course Parker trying for home runs was more crowdpleasing, but did you REALLY see Hughie lose 10 rounds??
            I know Hughie ran for 11 rounds, he is fighting for someones title you not going to get it running and the excessive holding on is not good in anyone's eyes.

Comment

Ring Magazine scored it 115-113 for Hughie: https://www.******.com/518218-joseph...n-hughie-fury/

The Guardian, paper written by biased - sorry, "bias" - Brits, gave it to Parker 116-113:

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/20...-joseph-parker

Comment

Any one think Terry Connor score every close round to Parker because of the ref/judge drama beforehand?

Comment

Some of these writers' have no idea about sentence structure, let alone spell check. I think you'd at least need a communications degree to snag a journalistic career, but if not - Please let me know where to apply for this position. I'm pretty confident my boxing knowledge is more savvy (try me) and I can write better than most of these guys, on my worst day.
                  That being said, this fight was pretty bland. Neither fighter poses much of a threat to the top three HW's.
                  On to the next.

Comment

What a boring fight. Both of them are terrible.

Comment

I had it 115-113 Hughie Fury. He was cruising in a boring fight but let off the gas in rounds 11 & 12. Parker barely touched him except those last 2 rounds. 118-110 on 2 cards? The 114-114 was fine...

Comment

Working...
                      X