Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joseph Parker Retains, Wins Majority Decision Over Hughie Fury

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by joe strong View Post
    I watched it on my iphone after a long day at work. 45 minute bus ride back to camp. I'm sick & very tired so maybe a combination of things threw me off. I thought it was a terrible fight. Hughie just moved around flicking jabs & landed the odd right for the entire fight from what I saw. Parker didn't land much himself until the last 2 rounds where he clearly won. I had it 115-113 for Hughie on my card so the 114-114 was more on par with what I saw. I'm not going to call it a robbery but I was surprised by the 2 118-110 cards. Regardless of what I saw there is no way either guy is going to beat Wilder or Joshua in my opinion. Hughie is only 23 & has time on his side to gain experience against better opposition. He learned a hard lesson today that flicking a jab moving backwards isn't going to win you a title. He lost in his hometown on the scorecards. Parker moves on to bigger fights. I wouldn't be surprised if he fights Hammer next who will now move into the WBO #1 spot. A voluntary defence before a unification bout with whomever is champions next summer.
    Nah,man hughie tried to do illusional boxing and play tag like he was trying to tame a bull....you cant win fights like that unless you are actually landing punches and punches that mean something. Parker won just about every rnd tonight. Parker needs to stay away from the top 5 i can tell you that right now...he needs to get another 2 years of opposition. Watch the fight again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Digital Mouth View Post
      David Haye will take that belt off Parker and set up a fight with AJ next year. Even though Haye isn't even ranked in the top 15 he'll find a way of getting in there. With Christian Hammer at no.2 behind Hughie Fury you can see why the WBO will welcome a big name like David Haye with open arms.
      Sweet Science Weeps, I hope you are wrong. David Haye does not warrant any kind of title shot. I care so little about most of these belts and even I can't see an organization being that desperate.

Please be wrong....

Ugly fight, did not watch the whole thing. It was zero effort from an awkward uninspired Fury being beaten by an aggressive but off balance, zero powered Parker. The better loser won.
      Last edited by landotter; 09-23-2017, 09:48 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by KillaCamNZ View Post
        This was a bad fight. Parker wasn't great, he didn't cut off the ring well enough, but..Hughie was ****ing awful. Really awful. Zero ability to change the gameplan - he threw absolutely nothing and circled the ring the entire fight. Anyone who thinks that should win you the title, is a muppet.

The UK Commentary was awful. The most bias commentary I've ever heard.

The Gypsy's need to be dealt with severely - when the fight ended, a hoard of Fury's team stormed the ring and even pushed one of Parker's guys out of the way.

Then, when Parker's Team was holding the belt above Parker to show the crowd, one of Fury's Team snatches the belt and throws it back towards the group of people surrounding Hughie. Seeing this, the camera quickly switches to the commentators who aren't even ready to be on. What an utterly disgraceful showing - a bunch of zeroes in life who shouldn't be allowed near a ring again.

Then, the UK Team going back to the ring after the fight to interview.....Hughie. And only going to Parker when they had technical difficulties hearing Hughie.

I'm very, very glad the right decision was made by the judges, and just as glad that Parker can get the **** out of this utter ****hole.
        Spot on. I cant agree more.

Comment

• Originally posted by keith_head View Post
          The adjective is "biased". The verb is "to bias".

I'm sorry haha, can't help myself.
          I see red haha

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
            It just makes it hard for me to take someone's opinion seriously when they have spelling that would flunk 4th grade.

Sorry that you don't "give a ****".
            It was a case of miswording, not a case of misspelling - two very different things. If you're going to be a smart prick, get your own **** right first.

I accept your apology, however.

Comment

• Originally posted by !! Anorak View Post
              So he never hit Parker once then?

Because you said "literally"...
              dictionaries were updated to show both definitions for Literally.

Communication has always trumped grammar

Comment

• What happened here? I had a friend that went to the fight who said Parker was the clear victor; Fury didn't really fight. Said all of the "Ali" boxing talk was nonsense. Did Parker deserve this? I guess it's like Oscar De La Arum always said, "You've got to be decisive to beat the champ, man. Come on."

Comment

• THe Hughies ar over 6'7", 250-260lbs and talk about how tough they are, but in the ring its funny to see them dance around all night flicking out a lazy jab. It is just too funny to see guys that big trying to fight like Mayweather (not exactly but u get the point).

Comment

• Jeepers I thought Parker was decent ??

Joshua would punch his head off

Fury boxed well at times but you can't take the title like that

Comment

• What a boring fight. Parker has more excuses, he boxed abroad and he defended a title. Hughie is **** , he is nowhere near Tyson.

Comment

Working...
                      X