Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Lewis' stoppage of Vitali legit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by el*** View Post
    wrong

the cut was caused by holding and hitting. an illegal punch. it grazed him sideways, which is why it cut. for all we know lewis was trying to cut him
    I think you should watch the fight. Vitali pulled away from a straight right hand but the thumb of Lennox Lewis was able to graze and tear Vitalis brow. Had Vitali not pull away the damage would have been far lessened because of his Iron Chin and work Lewis over for a late round stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by oscar9992 View Post
      Do you consider Lewis' stoppage of Vitali legit?

Considering that Vitali was winning on cards and fight stopped cause of Vitali's cut?

He said cut was the result of Lewis' headbutt after the fight...
      No.

Something was definitely up with that fight.

Vitali was never cut before or since.

Keep digging, brother.

You're onto boxing's biggest lies.

Comment

If I was in charge of the fight I would've let it continue.

Comment

The punch was caused by a hold and hit ,however it was still a punch . Blood wasnt getting into the eye and it seemed to have limited concern at that point after round 6 where it was stopped . I would say why stop a competitive fight at least at that point considering also Lewis was not ahead .

Legit stoppage ? Well you cant argue refs discretion with a gash like that .

Angelo Dundee a cut man himself said the fight shouldn't have been stopped and Vitali was on his way to becoming HW champion !

“HE WAS ON THE WAY TO BECOMING CHAMPION AGAINST LENNOX LEWIS, THE FIGHT SHOULDN’T HAVE BEEN STOPPED. BUT, YOU KNOW, THAT’S BOXING SOMETIMES. THE CUT WASN’T IN A DANGEROUS PLACE. IT WASN’T BLEEDING INTO THE EYE." A. Dundee

If you are making a point with a thread like this its not a yes or no answer bc you have to look at why and IF the fight shouldve been stopped BASED on the eye impairing someone to fight .

The answer would be no .
          Last edited by juggernaut666; 09-22-2017, 08:36 AM.

Comment

Absolutely. Unless you wanted to see an eyeball fall out the next round.

For those that say Lennox was tired, he was. But Vitali was too. And his face was a sick, sick mess. I still remember that post-fight interview where he's talking and this thick blood kinda goo is coming out of his mouth. The ref did him a favor.

Comment

*Patiently awaits ''Vitali vs Lennox THE facts''*

Comment

Why the hell wouldn't I?

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                *Patiently awaits ''Vitali vs Lennox THE facts''*

Comment

It was a legit stoppage. Vitali IMO was the best HW post Lewis. I think he was just mentally stronger than his brother.

That wasn't an easy fight for Lewis to say the least but he was also clearly at the end of his career. Both guys were tired at the end but it was still anyone's fight. Lewis landed a hellacious uppercut in the 5th or 6th and Vitali just carried on.

Had they rematched Lewis easily could have lost. I think he wisely said I've done enough and I'm no longer fully committed to this. It was an enjoyable heavyweight fight.

Comment

I don't. That cut wasn't that bad, and Vitali was more than fine.

Comment

Yeah, but I think Lewis got lucky in this fight. A rematch could've cleared up the situation, but we all know how that went.

Comment

Working...
                      X