Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you consider Lewis' stoppage of Vitali legit?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you consider Lewis' stoppage of Vitali legit?

Do you consider Lewis' stoppage of Vitali legit?

Considering that Vitali was winning on cards and fight stopped cause of Vitali's cut?

He said cut was the result of Lewis' headbutt after the fight...

Legit stoppage but a rematch is warranted.
    My take on the fight. Vitali is ahead. Got cut. Lewis coming on really hard but cannot really hurt Vitali. The m**ck@r has titanium chin. If there was no cut, there is a possibility Lewis gets tired and the fight continuous into a war until the end.

Comment

Yes. Cuts were caused by punches, HBO showed the replay. Lewis was coming on strong before the stoppage. Both were gassed.

Comment

Legit. A cut caused by a legal punch. Though the ending of the fight was not the story of the fight.

Comment

Of course

Vitali was at his best

Lewis was out of shape and past his prime yet he beat the sht out of he guy so bad that the guy almost went blind and quit

Comment

In relation to the rules of boxing? Definitely. Personally? No. I feel the same way about every stoppage in terms of cuts, for example Amir Khan stopping Antonio Barrera.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
              In relation to the rules of boxing? Definitely. Personally? No. I feel the same way about every stoppage in terms of cuts, for example Amir Khan stopping Antonio Barrera.
              That Barrera stoppage was pure bull****. They waited until it went 5 rounds instead of stopping it in the 1st, to give Khan the win instead of it being ruled a NC.

Comment

Of course I can't believe this is even a discussion. So what he was ahead on the scorecards it's obvious that the fight was not going to go the full 12 rounds. Vitali's eye might have fallen out if the referee let it continue and I'm a big fan of Vitali.

Comment

I always thought that Lewis should have did the rematch with Vitali. He either didn't feel very sure that he could beat Vitali or he just didn't want to go through physically and mentally brutal training camps and tough fights anymore....I think it was both. He knew if he lost the rematch to Klitschko it would have been even worse trying to come back for the rubber match and his legacy would have taken pretty big hit. So he did the safe thing, he retired

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                    Legit. A cut caused by a legal punch. Though the ending of the fight was not the story of the fight.
                    wrong

the cut was caused by holding and hitting. an illegal punch. it grazed him sideways, which is why it cut. for all we know lewis was trying to cut him

Comment

Working...
                    X