No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward Announces His Retirement From Boxing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    Well damn. Although not really surprising & I think many cats were calling this outright.

Respect to Ward & what he accomplished, but as always with a boxer who's under 50 retiring.....I'll believe it when I see it. Just like I'm not THAT surprised with this move I won't be THAT surprised if this is a ploy to get that bigger payday or something that he'll re-consider in a year or three when he feels he gots a thing or two more to prove or there is some sexy payday looming.

Wish Andre success outside of the boxing ring.
    ... He doesn't have big money fights in the U.S.
    ... It seems that he already tried to get Hearn involved for a U.K. fight... But after making $11 million in his last two fights, I don't think that he will get enough motivation for lesser paydays...

Comment

• Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
      He’ll be back if and when there’s a big enough fight. The problem for him is his fan base/star power in general is way too small for someone in his position. More people in the US know of Triple G and Joshua, and maybe even Crawford and Wilder. Simply just wasn’t in the right place at the right time and didn’t have the right personality/team to be picked up around the states without knocking everyone out the way Floyd has. Canelo draws with non Mexican fans because he knocks guys out.

Only scenarios I can see right now where he fights again is if someone around his size beats Wilder, or if Triple G beats Canelo in the rematch and moves up two weight classes. Maybe in two years?
      I agree. Ward realized the error of his ways. He's way too damn boring to be a money-making star in this sport. He's going to come back in 6 months with a whole new persona. His ring walk will include mink coats, cash money, gutter hoes and Beiber.

Comment

• Well, on your bike then.

Not sure what there's really left for him to do anyhow; He beat the monster at 175 twice (officially anyway... Divided opinions concerning the authenticity of the victories notwithstanding), and unless a GGG fight becomes a possibility in the near future, there's no one left that's really a big enough challenge or accolade to bother going after. lol @ Adonis Stevenson.

Comment

• Originally posted by -NAV- View Post
          I'm sure he'll get in as well maybe not right away. The HOF lost credibility when they let Gatti in.
          Actually they lost all credibility last year when they let Prince Naseem Hamed in HOF. The biggest hype job ever in boxing. I told one of my bros because he asked about"what ever happened to him"? Funny you asked he just got put into the boxing HOF. His reaction there should not be a boxing HOF letting that hype job in. What a joke that's why I don't watch boxing anymore a popularity contest. Too many fixed fights. All about Money.

Comment

• Golovkin fan boys can finally sleep.

Comment

• Its such a shame that whenever this guy seemed to get the ball rolling for him somehow his career would come to a halt. Just as you could get excited to see what he would do next he'd get injured, end up in court or now just outright retire.

I tried to appreciate Andre Ward, but his career post the Carl Froch win was just frustrating to follow.

No doubt he is a great fighter but I am not a fan.

Comment

• No way! He was arguably at his best last time out and appeared up for moves to cruiserweight and above!!!

I don't believe any cobblers about his body not being able to handle the rigours of the sport. It coped well last time.....and he isn't exactly in a training camp right now.

Perhaps he is disappointed that Bellew chose to fight Haye again rather than meet him?

Is it possible that a routine brain scan revealed an anomaly?

Comment

• It boggles my mind to think some people may actually think Ward is frightened of Kovalev. Even after Ward fought him twice, beating him by both decision AND stoppage. Why would he be frightened NOW? It makes absolutely zero sense.

Comment

• he is afraid of kovalev.. he is never the same after sergei brain damage him.. now he is retrard
                    kovalev send ward to retirement..

Comment

• Originally posted by Lemonhead_Jeff View Post
                      It boggles my mind to think some people may actually think Ward is frightened of Kovalev. Even after Ward fought him twice, beating him by both decision AND stoppage. Why would he be frightened NOW? It makes absolutely zero sense.
                      If you're looking for logic, you've come to the wrong place.

Comment

Working...
                      X