Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin's Trainer Explains Lack of Body Work Against Canelo

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo did everything he wanted too against GGG!!! EVERYTHING!

GGG's game plan was limited because of what Canelo was doing!!!!

That's the definition of Ring Generalship!!

Ring Generalship, Clean/Hard Punching & Defense, all Canelo!!!

117-111 Canelito

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
      I would buy that excuse if Canelo didn't go to ropes and pretty much invited him to land shots to the body. He was head hunting and missing when his body was right there and not going anywhere. So what if he got countered. Isn't he supposed to have an iron chin? Isn't he the guy that will take 3 or 4 punches to land one? I don't deny the possibility that Golovkin made the choice on his own but the excuse his trainer is making isn't cutting it.
      I agree, Abel is lying. GGG wasn't trying to KO Canelo, he was going for a points win to secure an immediate rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by harwri008 View Post
        I would buy that excuse if Canelo didn't go to ropes and pretty much invited him to land shots to the body. He was head hunting and missing when his body was right there and not going anywhere. So what if he got countered. Isn't he supposed to have an iron chin? Isn't he the guy that will take 3 or 4 punches to land one? I don't deny the possibility that Golovkin made the choice on his own but the excuse his trainer is making isn't cutting it.
        its not so much about his iron chin. getting countered repeatedly will not win you the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by BluDivision View Post
          Canelo did everything he wanted too against GGG!!! EVERYTHING!
          Except beat him.

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
            its not so much about his iron chin. getting countered repeatedly will not win you the fight.
            He actually landed a few to the body late in the fight. He didn't get countered. I think we can agree if he landed more to the body, given how gassed Canelo appeared, it might have changed his productivity.

I was actually impressed Canelo seemed to throw more punches in the last 3 rounds. He probably wouldn't be able to if Golovkin invested to the body early on.

Go watch the Brook fight again and see how he attacked the body in the round before they threw the towel in. Brook was having success countering him also...

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
              Robbie Barrett spends 90% of his waking hours attacking and lying about GGG!
              And the 10% defending Floyd.

Comment

Nelo got GGG with a few body punches and i always feel once you get with a body shot the instinct is to give a body shot back.

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                  And the 10% defending Floyd.
                  The cowardly loser had enough of me rubbing his nose in his own bullshit and now has me on ignore.

Comment

Canelo Alvarez gives better body attack. Maybe Gennady Golovkin reserve power for better jab gameplan.

Comment

he didn't go to the body on purpose so they could get the rematch right?????

Comment

Working...
                      X