Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who would go down as the greater boxer between Canelo Alvarez and Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Manny, but that's only because Brian Sutherland was not an option in this poll.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
      People who voted for Canelo need to check how Pac was ruining fighters like Cotto or Margarito in his prime, that was brutal

While Canelo struggling to get clear dominant victories against lesser fighters like Lara
      Canelo is one of the new millennial pampered boxers.
      While Pacquiao at young age was already being thrown to the big dogs

Comment

Originally posted by Ganstaz003 View Post
        After both retire from their boxing careers, who do you think would go down as the greater boxer between the two?
        An insult to boxing to even ask the question.

Canelo is the anti-Pac, the worst weight boiler in history.

Pac was the lighter man in the vast majority of his fights. Has Canelo ever been the lighter man?

Pac fought killers in their prime when no one gave him a chance, time after time after time, whereas Canelo swerves all the killers.

Joke comparison.

Comment

I voted for Pacquiao. Pacquiao was at his best for Diaz, Hatton, Cotto and Oscar. I don't think Canelo will ever be that good although he is a great fighter. Pacquiao edges him out prime against prime unless Canelo gets better and he might get better.

Comment

Originally posted by gamesworn View Post
            Barrera, Morales & Marquez all greater than Canelo. And Pacquiao holds overall 6 wins over those 3 mexicans. So obviously Pacquiao in wide gap.
            Exactly. Pacquiao has wins over Mexican legends who were greater than Canelo.

Canelo can be great and carve out his own legacy, but I just can't see him catching up to Manny. Pac is the greatest fighter of his generation not named Floyd Mayweather.

Canelo is in his prime now and he isn't even close to being the best fighter p4p today.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
              Exactly. Pacquiao has wins over Mexican legends who were greater than Canelo.

Canelo can be great and carve out his own legacy, but I just can't see him catching up to Manny. Pac is the greatest fighter of his generation not named Floyd Mayweather.

Canelo is in his prime now and he isn't even close to being the best fighter p4p today.

Comment

too early to ask and manny is a hard motherfucker to pass up in terms of accomplishments. I dont even think that path exist for Canelo to conquer anyways.

So being a Mexican I would love to say yes but reality is Canelo probably wont.
                Last edited by .!WAR MIKEY!.; 09-20-2017, 05:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GodLike View Post
                  This kind of boggled my mind when i thought about it, Pacquiao has put on more impressive performances over his career imo, I think prime pacquio is a more naturally gifted fighter but then when i think about it i don't think any version of many beats canelo at 152/154.
                  the pac that fought ODLH or margartito doesnt beat the canelo that fought floyd ? thats crazy talk

Comment

Alvarez was knocked out twice in Mexico by a Filipino and a Thai early in his career and also stopped by an Aussie but the Filipino ref let PAC pass the 10 count for a title bout...

Comment

Common now! NSB at its best!

Comment

Working...
                      X