Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo-Golovkin: Golden Boy Prefers To Do Immediate Rematch

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That fight was a scam. Bought and paid for by GB. GGG was holding back and wasn't fighting like he normally does to make the fight seem competitive so that they can set up another scam rematch. It's amazing how gullible the public is.
    Last edited by iniduoh; 09-19-2017, 08:42 PM. Reason: mistake

Comment

Originally posted by Mr_Forte View Post
      No worries. and yes Jacobs was a 8-1 dog but I bet he won't be again if they ever rematch.

By the way, I haven't come across your take on the fight yet. How close did you have it?

that was a very, VERY, close fight

way too close for either fighter to cry

Canelo is as much of a crybaby as Golovkin

dodo-Byrd should have to hold the mitts for Canelo AND Golovkin during camp for the rematch..... to help give her a better perspective on things

Comment

I won't be buying it again. Stream it this time. Most were in agreement that they deserved our money for this fight. They screwed us. I doubt I buy a PPV again. Sure not part 2 of this.

News Flash! Canelo will win the rematch. They are not going to let GGG win.

Comment

The fight wasn't that compelling for a rematch. Both guys did their best. I saw Canelo winning a close fight. He was definitely the more skilled and the better boxer.

I personally don't need to see it and, if it happens again, I'll just stream it same as fight 1.

Comment

Originally posted by Snoop Frog View Post
            Yeah, I thought it was a close fight. I had it 116-112 for the OG Triple G, but some of those rounds were *tight*.

I think a lot of the uproar is over the bad scorecard, too.
            The uproar is because those folks wanted GGG to win. The Alvarez fight was his big moment of validation as well as theirs. The bad scorecard is just an easy mark. Moretti scorecard is one round from the draw Trella scored. The draw was fair even if some fans disagree.

Comment

Originally posted by Mic Tyson View Post
              I won't be buying it again. Stream it this time. Most were in agreement that they deserved our money for this fight. They screwed us. I doubt I buy a PPV again. Sure not part 2 of this.

News Flash! Canelo will win the rematch. They are not going to let GGG win.

that was an excellent fight..... I will pay, if that is what it takes to get those two guys in the ring again

two A-level guys who love to punch people in the face really hard

I got no life

Comment

Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
                The uproar is because those folks wanted GGG to win. The Alvarez fight was his big moment of validation as well as theirs. The bad scorecard is just an easy mark. Moretti scorecard is one round from the draw Trella scored. The draw was fair even if some fans disagree.

yep, it is mostly sour g****s and crying..... from people who wanted to see the fat red kid get sparked

problem is..... dat scorecard doe lol

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  yep, it is mostly sour g****s and crying..... from people who wanted to see the fat red kid get sparked

problem is..... dat scorecard doe lol
                  I forgot about those Alvarez haters that hoped to see him get KO'd. They will hate the rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Guy3008 View Post
                    So Canelo only fights 2 times a year. In Cinco De Mayo it will be 9 months out of the ring for him. Isn't it a little too long without a fight?
                    They are trying to follow the Mayweather blueprint for more sales.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Exactly. Sitting out another 8 months at this age is crazy. He only has a few years left anyway, so what does he expect to accomplish if he only fights 1-2 times per year? How will that allow him time to unify 160, and then have legacy fights at 168 or 175? Although 175 seems out the window now that he's declining so much, and it's starting to look like even 168 is out the window, too.

Canelo was supposed to be the stepping stone to bigger things. Now they've wasted so much time and let GGG decline so much, it's starting to look like Canelo is the only thing, which is a big step back from the original plan, and a big disappointment.

Not that unifying the division, if he ever gets to that.... and beating Canelo and Jacobs and Lemieux etc, and racking up however many title defenses, is not an impressive legacy, because it is, but it's just that not only did they promise so much more, but so much more was clearly possible if not for terrible promotion by Tom Loeffler, and all the ducking earlier in his career, and the promotional stalemate in Germany. It seems odd to say that a boxer now making 10-20 million in fights has had a career that was some of the most wasted potential in boxing history, but it's true. If they'd gotten him the right fights early on, he could have had a career like Pacquiao's, perhaps even better, because Pacquiao did not have the jab, power, or +/- ratio that prime GGG did, but instead they basically never got him a single legacy fight until he was past his prime, and now it looks like they're planning to waste even more of it inexplicably waiting until May to fight again, just so they can do it on a specific holiday, as if boxing PPVs don't make money on other dates than that (May-Mac anyway)?

If GGG doesn't fight again until the Canelo rematch, then the rematch needs to happen no later than February. Otherwise, the Saunders fight should have happened already. What is the hold up? The promotional incompetence behind GGG is second only to, apparently (according to Virgil Hunter and Victor Conte), the incompetence of his trainer in the strength and conditioning department, ruining GGG's reflexes by overtraining him in high altitude where there is not enough oxygen in the air for a boxer past the age of 30 to fully recover his muscles during rest after a hard workout.

I'm very frustrated with GGG's team by all of this. I'm sure they don't care, as all they seem to care about is that they made money with this fight and brought in new casual fans, but they are also losing their original fans. Again, not that they care. #AllTheBelts yeah right. 168 yeah right. "I like to keep him active" yeah right. #BigLyingShow
                      Your a story teller. lil g lost two fights in a row, Jacobs & now Nelo. Plus they are the ONLY TWO GOOD OPPONENTS lil g EVER FOUGHT! LMAO!

Comment

Working...
                      X