Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder vs. Luis Ortiz Finalized For November 4, Showtime

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
    Good fight! I believe wilder wins in a fight thats looks very similar to wilder vs stiverne. Ortiz isnt the boogeyman of hw though lol. That be Joshua imo. Hope joshua vs wilder happens in u.k. next summer!
    No Joshua is not the boogeyman. No one is scared of him, in fact everyone is lining up to fight him.

On the other hand no one is lining up for Ortiz, Wilder is the only one that actively chased an Ortiz fight whereas others don't even say his name out loud.

I'm not saying Ortiz is better than Joshua mind you, or even that Ortiz is more dangerous. In my opinion Joshua is the most dangerous fighter in the world, not just in the heavyweight division. The only reason people aint ducking him is because of the financial reward of fighting him.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Deontay Wilder is about to take another 'O' and his resume is without question superior to Joshua's -- Oh is old Klitschko still a better win? OK.
      lol people are so stupid its hard to tell if you are trolling.

Joshua fought Klitschko (and yes Klitschko was a bigger fight) for his 19th pro fight. Let that sink in. Wilder is only now out of his comfort zone in his 39th pro fight. Let that sink in.

Wilder has been ducking but good on him for FINALLY taking a fight that will push him.

As for the fight I think Wilder takes it on points, Ortiz has shown that he can't close people down and I rate Wilder as the better boxer.

Oh, and everyone is wanting to fight Joshua as that is where the money is as he is currently by far the biggest draw. This isn't rocket science, maybe engage your brains before posting.
      Last edited by Wibble; 09-19-2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

• Night night Wilder, hype train ends here.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
          Deontay Wilder is about to take another 'O' and his resume is without question superior to Joshua's -- Oh is old Klitschko still a better win? OK.
          His resume, which at this point doesn't contain Ortiz, is superior? Ya ok.

He hasn't fought him yet.

He hasn't won yet.

Yes Klitschko is a better win than Ortiz. You'd have to be an idiot to think otherwise.

Dillian Whyte> Wilder's whole resume. Still.

Calm down. It'll all end in tears once old chicken legs does the booty dew.

Comment

• Finally..

Wilder has had a paper title for 2 years and fought no one of note

Let's hope this isn't a one off

Comment

• Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              What do the rules say? Does Wilder take Ortiz's mandatory spot if he wins?
              I'm not sure tbh depends on situations, I just expect them to do that, remember when Parker was AJ's mandatory? When he opted to fight for the wbo instead he lost his mandatory position with the Ibf, and champion's are rarely made mandatory of other organisation belts only recent example would be Golovkin.

When canelo had the wbc strap they made triple g mandatory even though he was the unified champ,,so ultimately I think it depends on the magnitude of the fights and also how much money the organisations can make off their belts lol.

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Quote:
                Originally Posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                Not giving Wilder much of a chance in this one, unless it goes to a decision. But I'm sure Ortiz knows the odds of winning it on the scorecards, and he'll be finely tuned to flatten chicken legs within a few rounds.

Well, actually, I didn't mention any payoffs. But as far as advantage, if you go back and look at scorecards, Wilder has been given rounds many times he clearly didn't win. Other than that, the champ usually gets some free rounds in general.
                Anytime I read a post that says "clearly" I cringe. Especially since scoring a round is so subjective and not scientific. Nevertheless, to say it won't be easy to take the belt off the champ by decision isn't a special case for Wilder.

Comment

• YES! This is a great fight, looking forward to it!

Comment

• Originally posted by Wibble View Post
                    lol people are so stupid its hard to tell if you are trolling.

Joshua fought Klitschko (and yes Klitschko was a bigger fight) for his 19th pro fight. Let that sink in. Wilder is only now out of his comfort zone in his 39th pro fight. Let that sink in.

Wilder has been ducking but good on him for FINALLY taking a fight that will push him.

As for the fight I think Wilder takes it on points, Ortiz has shown that he can't close people down and I rate Wilder as the better boxer.

Oh, and everyone is wanting to fight Joshua as that is where the money is as he is currently by far the biggest draw. This isn't rocket science, maybe engage your brains before posting.
                    LMAO wilders fangirls are masturbating over their man so hard right now. Its his first real fight after all the years he has held the hw belt hostage down there in alabama ffs! And he hasn't even had it yet!

Comment

• Originally posted by elcashanilla View Post
                      FINALLY i like this fight its not going to sell that good in NY they should've done it in Wilder hometown since these guys dont sell alot of tickets
                      Jacobs being on the card will drastically contribute to ticket sales I believe

Comment

Working...
                      X