Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sanchez: Crowd Booed Canelo For Talking So Much **** - He Ran!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
    you're a clown if you honestly believe GGG won CLEARLY. Canelo arguably won the first 3 and last 3 rounds. That would mean you can argue AT LEAST a draw, not mentioning a few close middle rounds.
    the only clown here is you apparently. i do believe he won the fight clearly that doesnt mean the fight wasnt close. and yes you can say someone ARGUABLY won rds that doesnt mean that they in fact did. the fact is neither guy clearly won the last 3 rounds as they were trading momentum with canelo starting off well then ending up on the ropes and getting outlanded. i gave Canelo the 1st 3 rounds and the 2 of the last 3 because he came out with a sense of urgency and had success. neither guy completely dominated any single round. I dont see how anyone who watched that fight could have a problem with 7-5 for ggg. He outlanded nelo in 10 of 12 and fought his fight. Canel was forced to fight the way he did it wasnt by choice

Comment

GGG won 8-4 Canella fought 30 seconds a round his fans wanted like 130 he can move the rest but he was being forced to move backwards a lot GGG was a never ending punching machine Canella flurried just briefly each round made ggg miss some but was doing nothing all that time

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
        Said to be 18,000 out of 20,000, don't know if that's true or not.

Everyone knew they had just seen a close fight so when the 118-110 card was read out first, it insulted everyone there.

But for sure, a primarily Mexican crowd cheering Golovkin and booing Canelo at the end - that was shocking. Not sure I've seen that before, and pretty sure Canelo hasn't. Of all things in the fight, that would have hurt him more than anything Golovkin landed.

Can never figure out why boxers never do the smart thing and say something like 'I gave it everything I had tonight and it wasn't enough, I just want to apologise to my fans for not bringing the belts home to Mexico'. He could have also just said 'I also want to apologise for that scorecard, it insults everyone here, Gennady, my team, and also me'.

If he had done that the crowd would have cheered him. Easy.

Instead, the crowd got insulted, and he effectively endorsed the insult. Not smart.

Bro, Mexicans are the toughest and best fans in boxing.... they will either boo you for being a sht talker or idolize you for being a warrior... and they are tougher on their countrymen... go watch boxing in azteca, being sports, estrella tv, all the mexican channels and you will see how the crowd is... Mexican fans make the statement "boxing is the only sport where one does not play" be as realistic as can be!!! In Mexico there are about four things everyone must follow since the day they are born... Soccer, Boxing, Catholicism, and maybe lucha libre and/or baseball!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by iamboxing View Post
          True, can't remember someone being booed like that except for Golota, but he was justifiably booed for quitting - Canelo finished the fight. He was visibly affected by it. Soon as Kellerman turns away from GGG to Canelo the boos begin and intensify, at one point he pauses and looks out to the crowd. Felt sort of sorry for him. But Mexican fans know their boxing and have no patience for artsy fartsy ballerinas.
          Part of the problem is the narrative he's always carried on the topic of Golovkin. I'm going to knock him out, i'm not scared of him, mexicans don't fck around, and then all of the criticism floyd has faced for all of the movement in the ring...you can't criticize a fighter for that style and then turn around do the same and expect your own fanbase to support it. Look at the quotes after the Lara fight. "El corrio, so fue a correr" translations "he ran, he took to running." You create that narrative and then when you do it expect to get crucified for it.

Comment

Originally posted by JuniorTorres720 View Post
            You can't knock the guy because all of a sudden he's not knocking people out. I mean sure they're fun to watch but Golovkin passed to the next phase of competition after having proved that he was better than the previous bracket of opponents he was facing.

That's what I've been saying. People are acting like Golovkin is the first power puncher to have less KOs when he stepped up and started facing the best available.

I would love to see some KOs from Golovkin again, but I like the fact that even though he hasn't put his last two opponents away, he still fights hard to win rounds.

A lot of fighters with GGG level power get discouraged when they step up and their opponents are still standing after getting punched on the chin. He proved he has great cardio and can fight hard for 12 rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by chepboxingking View Post
              Dude, I think we watched different fights. I seen Canelo backing GGG up at times. I went and saw the jacob-GGG fight live, And I honestly think Canelo did a better job and landed way more powerful and meaningful blows than Jacobs did.

If Jacobs and Canelo is ever made, I will gladly bet with you. Im in jersey, so I could drive up to pick up my $$ to the Bronx lol
              i can agree to disagree but id certainly advise you to watch that jacobs fight again and i would definitely bet with you my friend im a man of my word. hopefully it happens

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
                Part of the problem is the narrative he's always carried on the topic of Golovkin. I'm going to knock him out, i'm not scared of him, mexicans don't fck around, and then all of the criticism floyd has faced for all of the movement in the ring...you can't criticize a fighter for that style and then turn around do the same and expect your own fanbase to support it. Look at the quotes after the Lara fight. "El corrio, so fue a correr" translations "he ran, he took to running." You create that narrative and then when you do it expect to get crucified for it.
                Absolutely. He brought it upon himself.

Comment

Canelo won round 1 not 2 and three was outlanded and starting to retreat he was outlanded 10/12 rounds out jabbed easily ggg had effective aggression Canelo didn't do enough ggg 8-4

Comment

I believe that part of the reason why the largely Mexican and Mexican American crowd booed Ginger on Mexican independence day was because their guy didn't do much from rounds 4 through 9 and subsequently believed he had ultimately lost the fight.

Golovkin dominated those rounds with constant pressure and work rate. It was just too much for Canelo. It constantly caused him to back pedal and circle out of harm's way. In short, he didn't want it with GGG.

You can't win a fight by occasionally landing the flashier, cleaner and eye catching punches against the champion for a half a minute of every round. You have to take the fight to the champion and slug.

Moreover, Ginger was very reluctant in exchanging punches with Golovkin. He chose and picked his spots very carefully by refusing to stand and trade with Gennady.

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
                      hey you idiot has runelo returned lara's track shoes yet.
                      Idk you bitch. Has golovkin and his team of drama queens stopped running their mouths with excuses? They did said Canelo wouldnt be able to take ggg punches.
                      You stupid ass faggot

Comment

Working...
                      X