Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Papa Smurf View Post
    Gennady piling on the jabs!

Jab, jab, jab
    Jabs don't count for power punchers doe. Slick boxers get points for landing jabs, power punchers have to knock guys TFO, or they lost.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny_Roa View Post
      Triple G exposed as one dimensional. Doesnt comprehend the concept of cutting off the ring. He follows mindlessly eating punches and looking like a fool trying to land the right hand.
      He actually cut off the ring effectively all night. Great pressure fighter

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
        You just avoided my reply last night and I am asking you to refute it. But of course you won't answer it because you can only scream "GGG " overrated.
        Forgot all about it!

Please jolt my memory of something so intelligently knowledgeable about the sweet science...i can't wait for this!...LOL

*grabs popcorn*

P.s never said GGG was overrated, I said he was overhyped which he was!

When I have guys in forums, YouTube comments and even in my go to barbershop spot saying stuff like,"GGG is the best middleweight ever" or "GGG would KO Marvin Hagler" or "GGG will Knockout anyone" makes me appreciative of my own knowledge of the sport and the fact I can make these comments to show how wrong this guy was forced to us like he's some All time great fighter!

Don't get me.wrong,.GGG is a good fighter, he's no him but you can't expect that textbook style and just 1-2 after thinking you've cornered your opponent will ALWAYS work on every opponent especially once you face elite competition!

This was the difference on Saturday nite, the experience showed!

Canelo knows GGG needs to have his feet set to get off majority of the time and that movement and body shots frustrates him!

Why people don't see it? Something must be in the water!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
          Forgot all about it!

Please jolt my memory of something so intelligently knowledgeable about the sweet science...i can't wait for this!...LOL

*grabs popcorn*

P.s never said GGG was overrated, I said he was overhyped which he was!

When I have guys in forums, YouTube comments and even in my go to barbershop spot saying stuff like,"GGG is the best middleweight ever" or "GGG would KO Marvin Hagler" or "GGG will Knockout anyone" makes me appreciative of my own knowledge of the sport and the fact I can make these comments to show how wrong this guy was forced to us like he's some All time great fighter!

Don't get me.wrong,.GGG is a good fighter, he's no him but you can't expect that textbook style and just 1-2 after thinking you've cornered your opponent will ALWAYS work on every opponent especially once you face elite competition!

This was the difference on Saturday nite, the experience showed!

Canelo knows GGG needs to have his feet set to get off majority of the time and that movement and body shots frustrates him!

Why people don't see it? Something must be in the water!
          https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=759506&page=4

My long reply. You ignored that, You gave me for Criteria's to how to win a round, I gave all 4 reasons to which How Canelo failed to control the pace, and how GGG out landed him and landed also some head snapping punches and how he had cut off the ring. I gave you how a reason how GGG defended himself by slipping and blocking punches with his gloves to which it results many being blocked or was just grazing punches.

take note: I'm going to work after this so I might not be able to reply immdiately.

Comment

• Originally posted by Goyotronico View Post
            Lol! A hype job that outpunched Canelo, had him on the back foot for most of the match, the only reason he got the draw was because it was Vegas, the most corrupt place for boxing, HBO and De La Hoya's golden goose, allmost all the media, boxers, trainers, comentators, Mexicans, even the people @ the stadium saw Golovkin win and was clearly heard when the scores where given, so by your comment you are saying that you know more than them and have a better judgement than people who actually live doing boxing, give me a break, this was a gift to Canelo to not lose credibility or fan base, he didnt dominate Golovkin or tamed him, he was outworked and wasnt humble to admit the props of his opponent, instead starte crying like the diva he is that he was robed, unlike Golovkin that gave props to Canelo and was a gentleman and a humble person after the match. By your comments you are saying that Canelo is one of the biggest hyped up fighter of modern times because he lost that fight on the eyes of most people and got a draw in front of the judges. People can now realize that the hype job has allways been Canelo who could not dominate or outwork an old 35yr old boxer, regarded by haters as a hype job.

And just so you know, since you have a better eye and know more about boxing than most people, these are some of the comments of people who actually dedicate their lives to boxing:

Former heavyweight Champion Lennox Lewis “Here we go again. These scorecards were ridiculous!

Tyrannus Teran “Boxing is the only place you can be robbed without a gun -M.Tyson”

Light welter Champion of the World – Terence Crawford “That judge that had it 118 110 need to be fired asap.”

Al Bernstein “Been told most at press row had 116-112 for GGG. That or 115-113 is good to me.”

Dan Rafael “Round 12: They go the distance in a terrific fight! Rd 12 for Canelo. GGG wins 116-112 on my card.”

Paul Malignaggi “Nah that was politics man. Unfortunately when a fighter generates the money Canelo does lots of people get rich so cash cow gets protected.”

Former heavyweight Champion Riddick Bowe “Robbed man GGGboxing got robbed boxing need to get there [expletive] together. That’s what’s up. Bowe.”

Douglas Fisher “I scored #CaneloGGG 115-113 for Golovkin. Lot of press row writers had GGG winning 116-112. Very good fight. Byrd’s score stains it, tho.”

Peter the sport Gawd “The Mexican crowd is cheering ggg and booing Canelo, that’s all you need to know.”

Brian Campbell “We have a problem in this sport. It’s not a new problem. It’s still awful.”

J Lepak “What a [expletive] joke that decision was!!! #CaneloGGG.”

Manny Pacquiao “Did they bring these judges over from Australia?”

Dan Rafael “#CaneloGGG is a classic fight ruined by inept judge in a draw.”

Stephen A Smith “I can’t believe this B.S. A f$&@&) Draw. GGG won the damn fight. It was close and a great one, but GGG won 115-113”

Nigel Collins “I don’t always agree with Harold Lederman’s scoring, but IMO he nailed it with his 116-112 score for GGG.”

Promoter Tom Loeffler‏ “Respect Canelo for finally taking the fight against GGGboxing. The Fans know who the true champion still is #CaneloGGG”.

Dave Coldwell “BULL[expletive]! They robbed him. They screwed GGGboxing 100%. Disgusted 118-110 Canelo? Disgrace. Absolutely gutted.”
            HBO programming 101 here folks!

Harold Lederman is that you?

You keep regurgitating the same stuff over and over and expect different results but it's not happening!

" out punch" what does that even mean?

Would you rather land more or land the harder more effective punches?

Yes a hypejob that got saved by a draw when he should've lost his "0" and his belts!

Listen to team GGG excuses and look Golovkin's face post FIGHT!

Is that the look of a man that was "out punching" someone ?LMAO

You fools crack me up when you mention press scorecards and other people who all have a tendency to go with the popularity vote!

It's like you throw a $1 Bill on the ground no matter if it can help add to anything you need to pay for most will just walk away but if you throw $100 bills then everyone loses their mind and try to all group up and get it!

Most of those people in the press have never laced on a pair of gloves, commentators have been exposed to even score fights based on bias and personal feelings, and it's been proved that even pro boxers aren't the best at scoring fights(funny isn't it) which is why you rarely hear about fighters becoming judges!

Honestly after going thru your history it seems like your a Canelo hater and super pro GGG so definitely agenda is clouding your judgement so no further point discussing the sweet science with you!

Good day!

Comment

• Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
              https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...=759506&page=4

My long reply. You ignored that, You gave me for Criteria's to how to win a round, I gave all 4 reasons to which How Canelo failed to control the pace, and how GGG out landed him and landed also some head snapping punches and how he had cut off the ring. I gave you how a reason how GGG defended himself by slipping and blocking punches with his gloves to which it results many being blocked or was just grazing punches.

take note: I'm going to work after this so I might not be able to reply immdiately.
              Ok i see it and low and behold I'm not surprised of what i see!. Lol no wonder I didn't bother responding but I'll do it just to have some fun in schooling another casual!

1. What fight were you watching? Saying Canelo did the stanky leg and Golovkin had the same amount of head snap punches as Canelo!?

False, Canelo is a country puncher that rolls with punches to take the steam off and effectiveness!
              Do you score that and punches that hits the guard or punches that actually snaps back the head cleanly and punches to the body?

2. LMFAOOO horrible, horrible analysis! You and Stephen A Smith are now brothers in arms with the ridiculous comments! Where?

Show me when GGG "whooped" on Canelo and "battered" him? Post some vids of where Canelo was in trouble in the fight!?

If you looked at both guys face post FIGHT you yourself would think you need to lay off the crack pipe after your comment!

Why is GGG and Sanchez complaining Canelo was "running" if your saying GGG cut off the ropes and beat him up? Lmao

3. Yeah GGG made Canelo miss some shots and blocked some as well! But who did more of that between the two? Just look at the damn fight on how 1 man is literally throwing more and missing more? Did you not see the countless times Canelo slipped GGG's 1-2?

How many times did the jab miss due to simple head movement or rolling away from it depleting the effectiveness of the punch?

Excessive movement?? So you want Canelo to stand toe.to toe and let GGG punch his face in? What a moron you are LOL!

It's called footwork you numbskull, something GGG who's supposed to have better footwork and cut the ring off skills is supposed to produce to trap Canelo and give "big drama show" and not let him out!

So why everytime Canelo decides to go to the ropes....yes I'll say it again and slowly so you can catch that...

"Go-to-the-ropes" he stands there literally goading GGG to throw punches and then moves.when he wants not the other way AROUND!

Why couldn't the master of ring cutting keep Canelo in the corners or strictly on the ropes? Why was Canelo making his head snap.back when he countered off the ropes?

Canelo was taking a breather on the ropes while still dodging/blocking or rolling Golovkin's punches who was supposed to hurt him or KO him if Canelo stayed on the ropes!

4. How did GGG set the pace? Cuz he threw more punches??.LMAO you neatherdals get pace and pressure or volume mixed up!

Pace is not about who throws more and comes forward more...it.coincides with ring generalship!

Who between the two faught their fight?

Canelo's a counter puncher who likes his opponents coming forward while countering off the ropes and GGG likes to come forward and force his power on his opponents to break them and stop them especially if they are a still target!

Did the fight look like a war/big drama show or a boxing match/tactical fight?

Canelo did what he wanted when he wanted!

If he wants to take a breather he'll back GGG up with combos or body shots then step outside to the ropes!

If he wants to get GGG's respect again, he'll go downstairs or counter up top!

If he wants more space he'll get into GGG's chest then wait for a punch then step out of range and stay there!

If he wants GGG to.reset his rhythm and "pace" like you claim then he'll circle him or feint downstairs!

When he wants to box he boxed and when he wanted to fight he fought and when he wanted breather he did on the one place everyone claimed would be a death sentence for Canelo....the ropes!

The ropes can be your best friend, just ask (Rest his soul) Muhammad Ali when he fought Foreman!

That is CONTROL, doing what you want when you want and frustrating your opponent cuz they can't impose their will on you which is what GGG is complaining about with the "running" comment and the ignorant a$$ "Mexican style" comments!

He simply was not in control like you and all them GGG fan club member's thought and deep down he knows it!

Otherwise, why apologize to your fans! Cuz his ring cutting ability isn't what it cracked up to be!

He has no control to stop Canelo's movements (only when Canelo needed a breather or wanted to go to the ropes is when GGG looked even remotely comfortable) and even then Canelo made him miss numerous times!

If you want to use compubox so bad, how does a guy who supposedly throw 700 missed 70% of his punches!??

That is hilariously bad! And yet your fanboyism knows no bounds!

This is my last time responding to you, you know nothing about the sweet science with such ignorance!

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
                Ok i see it and low and behold I'm not surprised of what i see!. Lol no wonder I didn't bother responding but I'll do it just to have some fun in schooling another casual!

1. What fight were you watching? Saying Canelo did the stanky leg and Golovkin had the same amount of head snap punches as Canelo!?

False, Canelo is a country puncher that rolls with punches to take the steam off and effectiveness!
                Do you score that and punches that hits the guard or punches that actually snaps back the head cleanly and punches to the body?

2. LMFAOOO horrible, horrible analysis! You and Stephen A Smith are now brothers in arms with the ridiculous comments! Where?

Show me when GGG "whooped" on Canelo and "battered" him? Post some vids of where Canelo was in trouble in the fight!?

If you looked at both guys face post FIGHT you yourself would think you need to lay off the crack pipe after your comment!

Why is GGG and Sanchez complaining Canelo was "running" if your saying GGG cut off the ropes and beat him up? Lmao

3. Yeah GGG made Canelo miss some shots and blocked some as well! But who did more of that between the two? Just look at the damn fight on how 1 man is literally throwing more and missing more? Did you not see the countless times Canelo slipped GGG's 1-2?

How many times did the jab miss due to simple head movement or rolling away from it depleting the effectiveness of the punch?

Excessive movement?? So you want Canelo to stand toe.to toe and let GGG punch his face in? What a moron you are LOL!

It's called footwork you numbskull, something GGG who's supposed to have better footwork and cut the ring off skills is supposed to produce to trap Canelo and give "big drama show" and not let him out!

So why everytime Canelo decides to go to the ropes....yes I'll say it again and slowly so you can catch that...

"Go-to-the-ropes" he stands there literally goading GGG to throw punches and then moves.when he wants not the other way AROUND!

Why couldn't the master of ring cutting keep Canelo in the corners or strictly on the ropes? Why was Canelo making his head snap.back when he countered off the ropes?

Canelo was taking a breather on the ropes while still dodging/blocking or rolling Golovkin's punches who was supposed to hurt him or KO him if Canelo stayed on the ropes!

4. How did GGG set the pace? Cuz he threw more punches??.LMAO you neatherdals get pace and pressure or volume mixed up!

Pace is not about who throws more and comes forward more...it.coincides with ring generalship!

Who between the two faught their fight?

Canelo's a counter puncher who likes his opponents coming forward while countering off the ropes and GGG likes to come forward and force his power on his opponents to break them and stop them especially if they are a still target!

Did the fight look like a war/big drama show or a boxing match/tactical fight?

Canelo did what he wanted when he wanted!

If he wants to take a breather he'll back GGG up with combos or body shots then step outside to the ropes!

If he wants to get GGG's respect again, he'll go downstairs or counter up top!

If he wants more space he'll get into GGG's chest then wait for a punch then step out of range and stay there!

If he wants GGG to.reset his rhythm and "pace" like you claim then he'll circle him or feint downstairs!

When he wants to box he boxed and when he wanted to fight he fought and when he wanted breather he did on the one place everyone claimed would be a death sentence for Canelo....the ropes!

The ropes can be your best friend, just ask (Rest his soul) Muhammad Ali when he fought Foreman!

That is CONTROL, doing what you want when you want and frustrating your opponent cuz they can't impose their will on you which is what GGG is complaining about with the "running" comment and the ignorant a$$ "Mexican style" comments!

He simply was not in control like you and all them GGG fan club member's thought and deep down he knows it!

Otherwise, why apologize to your fans! Cuz his ring cutting ability isn't what it cracked up to be!

He has no control to stop Canelo's movements (only when Canelo needed a breather or wanted to go to the ropes is when GGG looked even remotely comfortable) and even then Canelo made him miss numerous times!

If you want to use compubox so bad, how does a guy who supposedly throw 700 missed 70% of his punches!??

That is hilariously bad! And yet your fanboyism knows no bounds!

This is my last time responding to you, you know nothing about the sweet science with such ignorance!
                1. Canelo did the stanky leg, and then Golovkin landed as much or just as much clean head snapping punches. Fighter's that get wobbled gives a lot of meaning to what the round is and who is in control! Not to mention the majority of the rounds Golovkin was throwing more punches and landing more punches than Canelo, he was the agressor and Canelo was the counter puncher whose counterpunches gets blocked majority of times! Canelo didn't do much to win a very clear round except 2 and 3. Setting the pace and beingthe agressor while throwing more and landing more is what the criteria is for boxing! Landing one big punch then proceed to to do nothing for the rest of the round does not win fights, Canelo fights in spurts and the majority of those spurts didn't even land on GGG! While GGG's consistent agression and his consistent throwing of punches may not land all but he landed plenty compared to Canelo's small spurts and missing a lot also!YDKSAB!

2. Talking smack aren't we? Go back to Round 4-5-6-7-8-9 and tell me who was on the ropes Majority of times and who was the one who was having his way on the ropes, and who was the one taking punches in the ropes? Tell me who was the agressor, who cut off the ring, and who was the one running away and barely landing anything? Like I said, Canelo landing one big punch then running away and refusing to engage does not win fights stupid! Consistency, aggression, ring general ship and landed punches is the winning criteria! Is Canelo fighting in small spurts then missing a lot a winning stratergy while getting backed up and then pummeled in the ropes? GO BACK TO WATCHING THE MAJORITY OF THE ROUNDS AND TELL ME WHO WAS GETTING PUSHED IN THE ROPES AND CATCHING SOME PUNCHES CONSISTENTLY.

3. Who was throwing more and landing more? And who was throwing less and landing less? Who gives a crap about punch percentage when it is always about the base numbers of punches landed? And Guess what GGG had thrown more and landed more and Canelo had thrown less and landed less, and to the fact that GGG was the agressor, and Canelo was the one backing up! What happen to the "AGRESSION" In a scoring criteria? What happened to "Effective Agression" When GGG successfully trapped Canelo on the ropes many times and gets in punches to the head and body many times!

4. How did GGG set the pace? LOL IF YOU DON'T KNOW THAT YOU DON'T KNOW ****!

GGG SET THE PACE BY INCREASING HIS AGRESSION AND PUNCH OUT PUT FROM THE START OF ROUND 4. ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE FIGHT! CANELO FAILED TO NEUTRILIZE GGG's MOVEMENT OR BACK HIM UP OR AT LEAST TRY TO SLOW DOWN THE PACE OF THE FIGHT OR GIVE A BREATHING ROOM FOR HIM. GGG WAS ALWAYS ON CANELO'S FACE AND WAS ALWAYS SUCCESSFUL ON TRAPPING HIM ON THE ROPES TO PUT PUNCHES ON TO THE HEAD AND BODY! AND DO YOU KNOW WHY CANELO WAS TRAPPED ON THE ROPES MANY TIMES AND CANELO WAS NOT ABLE TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT? IT? IT IS BECAUSE GGG INCREASED THE PACE AND CANELO WAS NOT ABLE TO BRING IT DOWN FROM THE START OF ROUND 4 ALL THE WAY TO THE END OF THE FIGHT.

THE ROPES WAS NOT CANELO'S BEST FRIEND SINCE CANELO WAS IN THE WRONG SIDE OF THE EXCHANGE ALWAYS IN THE ROPES. THATS WHEN GGG WAS VERY SUCCESSFUL AGAINST CANELO!

But hey "Gon school casuals doe"

Last edited by Thraxox; 09-19-2017, 02:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  GOOD post !!

the rematch will be great
                  Thanx. Yeah, I'm looking forward to it as well.

Comment

• Canelo prefers Black fighters to Mexican it is obvious in his style

So this probably bothers some Mexicans, who are racist towards Black fighters

Watch any boxing video on youtube where there is a Mexican fighting a Black fighter

Read the comments

Comment

• Asian dude trying to tell a Mexican how to cook a burrito...foh...GGG vs SOG...make it happen

Comment

Working...
                      X