Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin: Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Golovkin outlanded him though"

With punches with nothing on them.

Canelo was the one landing the clean hard shots throughout.
    Last edited by Robbie Barrett; 09-18-2017, 04:15 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Squ□redCircle34 View Post
      Scoring criteria isn't just connected punches son!

It's about effective aggression, clean punches, defense and ring generalship!

Canelo is the counter puncher who fights off the backfoot vs GGG is a pressure power puncher who supposed to cut off the ring!

This was supposed to be easy work for GGG due to Canelo's "cement feet" but as it showed Canelo was 2 steps ahead of him in what he wanted to do!

You name it and Canelo did it!

When Canelo wanted to sit in the pocket and unleash uppercuts and hooks to the body and head... he did it!.

When Canelo wanted to counter off the ropes...he did it!

When he wanted to walk to secure better angles and vary his approach of levels in punching...he did it!

When he wanted GGG to reset his rhythm by circling him or throwing combos....he did it!

Making GGG honest about the bodyshots? He did it!

Those are all apart of ring generalship which got NO credit from media,some fellow boxers and fans of course!

This was no war, this was a boxing match which favored Canelo who's the boxer and the pressure fighter GGG favors the war which it was not!

Folks see what they want to see even when it's not there!

Canelo should've won or a draw is cool but when I hear GGG say Canelo ran that means he was frustrated and did not enforce his will in the squared circle(no pun intended) like he should've!

DisAbeled Sanchez is a joke, I heard no good instructions and was telling GGG the same thing!

GGG should be glad for a draw since it sets him up for another career high pay day and he can retire after being outboxed AGAIN by the smaller man who was making his 160 debut!

GGG one of the biggest hyped up fighters of modern times!
      You just avoided my reply last night and I am asking you to refute it. But of course you won't answer it because you can only scream "GGG " overrated.

Comment

• And they also don't just put their back to the ropes in almost every rlsingle round, while doing nothing for 2 1/2 minutes of the round.

And most Mexican warriors have great stamina, and don't take as many steps back as Canelo does.

Comment

• Originally posted by millcitymauler View Post
          You bet the draw? At 20-1, you really are counting your money. In high stakes affairs like last night I have to pick a guy - I bet GGG to score the 11th round stoppage. $100.00 bucks less in my wallet, but worth every penny watching those two gangsters get down.
          No. I took the over. Made multiple bets with various rounds. I said Canelo wouldn't even make it past round 6. I jumped all over that. The highest round was round 10. After round 10i won all my bets. The fight was to HARD to call so went with the over.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
            "Golovkin outlanded him though"

With punches with nothing on them.

Canelo was the one landing the clean hard shots throughout.

Gennady piling on the jabs!

Jab, jab, jab

Comment

• whole "mexican style" gets overplayed. Chavez is probably the greatest Mexican fighter ever, he could apply pressure but also box too. He boxed in retreat for almost all the Lockridge fight and did so effectively.

Sanchez and JMM did not come forward, but they were aggressive counterpunchers. Barrera could apply pressure or box conversatively.

Comment

• I'm happy I don't even pay for fights anymore the boxing industry can go to S h it as long they stay corrupt they won't earn a dollar from me

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                  People who say Ward is P4P No1 because of those tainted wins over Kovalev insult the sport.

People who still insist that Golovkin could beat Ward..... insult themselves, their entire ancestral line, and humanity in general

Comment

• Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
                    Aren't you guys tired of hearing about this Mexican style nonsense. As if Canelo was supposed to stand there squared up and swinging away.

Canelo actually performed better than expected. GG has like no creativity in his approach whatsoever.

GG has nobody to blame but himself.

it is rubbish, especially when Golovkin says it

besides..... before that fight, Canelo explained what being a Mexican fighter meant to him.....

Canelo Shakes Head at Golovkin's Definition of 'Mexican Style'
                    "If you look at all the great Mexican fighters who have become world renowned world champions like Salvador “Chava” Sanchez, Erik “El Terrible” Morales, Juan Manuel “Dinamita” Márquez, and Ricardo “Finito” Lopez just to name a few, they weren’t the biggest brawlers – they were intelligent with their boxing, were able to outclass their opponents and knew how to use their bodies to achieve their victories."

and Abel Sanchez is well-aware of that fact, which is why he spent a week prior to the fight baiting Canelo to engage Golovkin

they knew what was going to happen, and they had no plan-B

Comment

• Originally posted by PunchyPotorff View Post
                      Gennady Golovkin: "Real Mexican Style Fighters Do Not Run!"

Actually real Mexican style fighters have a WAY better connect percentage. GGG missed a shiiii-load of his punches. And MANY of the 'connects' were no where near solid or accurate.

He can grind on Canelo for running, but all GGG did was chase him all night. Never was really able to cut off the ring very well. Canelo should be praised for how good his defense was. He's really getting great with that asset.

And before you grind, I had GGG by a point, and yes Adelaide Byrds 118-110 score was a bad joke. Close fight that definitely will be even better in the rematch IMO.

GOOD post !!

the rematch will be great

Comment

Working...
                      X