Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just rewatched and scored it. Please stop crying. No robbery.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kuyukut View Post
    shut the fuck up, idiot!

you don't know **** about boxing. youknowhatimsaying!
    You need to hook me up with that good reefer you be smokin before making your scorecards

I had Golovkin winning btw, but I ain't clueless enough to think it was a 'complete domination'

Comment

Originally posted by bleach View Post
      Funny enough, the judged who called it a draw gave the 7th round to Canelo
      Canelo didn't throw in that round much while Golovkin stalked him.

Just looked it up, Canelo threw the least amount of punches in that round than any other round besides round 1 (although I trust CompuBox with a grain of salt)

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        Canelo didn't throw in that round much while Golovkin stalked him.

Just looked it up, Canelo threw the least amount of punches in that round than any other round besides round 1 (although I trust CompuBox with a grain of salt)
        The legendary Canelo Alvarez won a round Willie Pep style

Jokes aside I was pretty shocked to see round 7 ticked off for Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by BrometheusBob. View Post
          Look for yourself in the RBR thread:

Obviously just another "fan" that didn't bother to score it but wants to cry robbery

Comment

115-113 either way i can see. 114-114 totally plausable.

However the difference is that it would be a lot easier to give GGG the close rounds (because of activity) where as to give Canelo the close rounds you really have to think about it. In other words you need to debate and REALLY find a reason to give Canelo the round. Did he hit the flashier shots in those close rounds?? Sure. Did he out land GGG in those close rounds? No. How many jabs = a power punch??

Comment

Finally a sensible thread about the fight. I totally agree. I thought Canelo won it close and should've got the nod but I can't complain much about the draw. Thing is, GGG is the most hyped boxer in many years so of course a lot of fans are going to side with him. Meanwhile Canelo isn't as popular so doesn't get as many people backing him. Plus it doesn't help that the HBO cheerleaders were going crazy even when GGG was constantly missing and getting countered. Impressionable fans who are new to the sport and have only been following it for a couple of years are going to be swayed by that. Meanwhile very few will take the time to watch it without the commentary and properly analyse what was really happening in the fight.

Bring on the rematch!

Comment

Mexicans prefer the guy moving forward, this isn't knew.

And how many of those 200 people had a scorecard? lol
                Mexicans generally prefer the Mexican fighter!

I addressed that in another post. Round by round vs the overall war. Little doubt that Golovkin won the overall war and that's how most fans determine winner.

But even in the round by round Golovkin won. It was close but his rounds much more decisive than Canelo's. Basically you had to give Canelo everything close to get him a draw. That shouldn't happen.

Anyways whatever, overwhelming media gave it to Golovkin as well as fans and it appears even fighters. I guess that's how I'll remember it.

Comment

Sometimes boxing fans are their own worst enemies. They watch the fights as one big round, don't keep scorecards, and then like to cry when the decision is announced. This isn't surprising, there are people that think Floyd lost to Maidana and Pacquiao. Probably the same people that think Kovalev-Ward I was a robbery.

Unfortunately, people see one guy coming forward and assume he deserves to win.

Anyway, here is my scorecard. Watched it with no audio so I wouldn't be influenced. *** means that the round was close and could have gone either way. Canelo was throwing the combos, landed the eye catching shots, and better body shots. Golovkin applied the non-stop pressure.

Neither guy was hurt, dropped, bloodied, battered or took significant damage. Rounds were close. Cries of robbery uncalled for.

1. Canelo
                  2. Canelo
                  3. Canelo
                  4. Golovkin ***
                  5. Golovkin ***
                  6. Canelo ***
                  7. Golovkin (clearest round in the whole fight in my opinion)
                  8. Golovkin
                  9. Canelo ***
                  10. Golovkin
                  11. Golovkin
                  12. Canelo

6-6, 114-114.
                  4 to Canelo, 4 to Golovkin, 4 in the lurch; therefore anything from 8-4 Canelo to 8-4 Golovkin, on your card, could be seen as a reasonable score.

Good to know.

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                    4 to Canelo, 4 to Golovkin, 4 in the lurch; therefore anything from 8-4 Canelo to 8-4 Golovkin, on your card, could be seen as a reasonable score.

Good to know.
                    not sure if you're being sarcastic or not lol

Comment

This is new age Boxing, every close fight is a robbery.

I had it 7-5 Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X