Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official: "Good Boy" Golovkin vs "Canelo" Alvarez II RbR Thread - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Santa_ View Post
    great gif

Comment

• Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
      Ridiculous antiquated thinking. An athletes prime easily extends through the 30s with modern science and nutrition.

The damage is a valid point but he is not Brandon Rios, if you don't think GGG has stellar defense you need to find a new sport.
      Find me a 36 year boxer who’s anywhere near the top of his game. If you do, he’s probably a highly evasive boxer. Floyd, Hopkins.

Thirty-six is OAF in boxing.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
        Find me a 36 year boxer who’s anywhere near the top of his game. If you do, he’s probably a highly evasive boxer. Floyd, Hopkins.

Nah, it WAS. Years ago.

Golovkin
        Manny
        Floyd
        B-Hop
        Martinez
        Toney
        Wlad

All have been at the top at around that age.

Of course style and taking care of yourself have a lot to do with it. ODLH wrapped his career up early because of coke etc

I'm an active fighter and am at the top of my game and much better / faster / stronger in my 30s than my 20s. Some of that had to do with being irresponsible in my 20s nutrition wise but the point remains. If I faced my 25 year old self I would walk through him today.

And we will continue to see this trend, because we learned that with proper nutrition your body goes a long, long way, there is no drop off when you hit 30 like teenagers think because they have a warped sense of time comprehension lol.
        Last edited by LoadedWraps; 08-23-2018, 05:57 PM.

Comment

Nah, it WAS. Years ago.

Golovkin
          Manny
          Floyd
          B-Hop
          Martinez
          Toney
          Wlad

Of course style and taking care of yourself have a lot to do with it. ODLH wrapped his career up early because of coke etc

I'm an active fighter and am at the top of my game and much better / faster / stronger in my 30s than my 20s. Some of that had to do with being irresponsible in my 20s nutrition wise but the point remains. If I faced my 25 year old self I would walk through him today.

And we will continue to see this trend, because we learned that with proper nutrition your body goes a long, long way, there is no drop off when you hit 30 like teenagers think because they have a warped sense of time comprehension lol.
          Your body had more potential in your twenties even if you're more fit and a better fighter now in your thirties. If you had trained the same way as you do now, had the same nutrition, recovery/ rest, etc., you would have been a better fighter in your twenties. Most professional athletes aren't improving once they hit their 30's. Stamina and reflexes will definitely be diminished to a degree, whether you notice it or not.

Knowledge and skill can be improved, depending how close to your potential you were in your twenties. Stamina, speed and reflexes will diminish in varying degrees with different people. Only once you have diminished significantly will you objectively notice the decline.

Recovery requires more time as you age also, so you have to be particularly aware of over-training and injuries. Injuries tend to become chronic and are more difficult to recover from.
          Last edited by Damn Wicked; 08-23-2018, 09:02 PM.

Comment

• Basically, everyone hits a wall around age 35. You can still compete, but you can't warm up as fast, can't recover as fast. This affects your training. Peak performance is much harder to maintain. Your reflexes are no longer dependable, your reactions no longer consistent. From your mid-30s, you better hope you can start cherry picking your competition or you will get stomped sooner or later.

Go back and look at Golovkin against Macklin, Stevens, Proksa, or Murray. That was GGG. A much sharper shark than the current version. It's called old age and it's accelerated by eating shots to the head.

Comment

• Did they ever release the face off from before the rematch was initially cancelled?

Comment

• Originally posted by Ice_MF_Mike View Post
                Did they ever release the face off from before the rematch was initially cancelled?
                If they did it would be R rated as Golovkin hales Canelo **** himself just by looking at him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post

Depends on the individual, a guy like GGG takes good care of himself out of training camps, no partying or over eating etc.

Most guys who fade mid thirties do so because of lifestyle choices.

A serious beating or KO does more to affect a fighters longevity than age alone. GGG has never had to go through that.

Also, boxing is as much mental as physical, the more experienced a fighter is, the wiser. Generally you make better decisions in a fight.

Canelo has had a huge number of fights for his age, he will not be competitive in 5 years time without more juice.

Comment

• I think Canelo makes the adjustments and beats GGG by decision.

Golden Boys star will get favourable judging over an aging GGG.

Comment

Nah, it WAS. Years ago.

Golovkin
                      Manny
                      Floyd
                      B-Hop
                      Martinez
                      Toney
                      Wlad

Strength remains for a good while, but athleticism goes down, speed goes down, explosiveness, agility, you feel heavier, you won't move like you did in your prime, or shouldn't if you aren't artificially keeping your testosterone at prime levels(or pushing beyond).

Golovkin has been slowing down since about 33.
                      Pacquiao has been slowing down since about 33 too.
                      Floyd is a clear juicer, no one at that age should be moving like he does. But he's also a guy who really takes care of himself.
                      Hopkins style changed a lot, and he was cherry-picking, but some people were fooled. He'd put up a decent fight with his craftiness but would usually get outworked by most of the young guns.
                      Martinez was a juicer., Chavez jr also sucks
                      Toney was a juicer and flat-footed.
                      Wlad is juicer but his style is also more using that strength which takes awhile before it begins to decrease, the juice kept him bouncy.

Where in your 30's are you?

You only need to watch Golovkin a few fights back (maybe Monroe, Maybe Murray) to see how he'd slide on his feet while punching, while now he's almost exclusively flat-footed.

Most of these guys that are still bouncing around, are super sharp, plenty of stamina etc past the mid-30's are more than likely juicing.
                      Last edited by SplitSecond; 08-28-2018, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X