Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The official: "Good Boy" Golovkin vs "Canelo" Alvarez II RbR Thread - Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post
    Can and will.

Like Johnny Cage did to Goro.
    Golovkin Wins!!...Brutality!!

Comment

I don't like the idea of Canelo taking a whole year off (granted, it was his fault, but follow me) and fighting GGG. I think he's going to be rusty and it will show. GGG via decision but wouldn't be shocked by a late round stoppage

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Boi 360 View Post
        What? It was a great fight and Golovkin fans don't want a rematch?

lol

Canelo rematch>>>>BJS
        I'm pretty sure he means a third rematch.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
          Golovkin has very little chance. What's he going to do? Is there anything new he can bring to the table?

Nope. Not at 36 years old.

Meanwhile, Canelo brings youth, cute moves, a chin that Golovkin can't break, and a judge or two, courtesy of GoldenBoy.

Decision win for Canelo. Only a ****** could disagree.

If Canelo wasn't coming off of surgery, rehab, and a year lay off I'd agree. You can't step in the ring rusty against Golovkin though.

GG by unanimous decision or even late round corner stoppage.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            I don't like the idea of Canelo taking a whole year off (granted, it was his fault, but follow me) and fighting GGG. I think he's going to be rusty and it will show. GGG via decision but wouldn't be shocked by a late round stoppage

Comment

Too close to call

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
                That won't make any difference. Golovkin only fought slightly more at 1 and a half rounds and he's the much older fighter. The time off can't be used as an excuse. It's irrelevant.

Comment

Yeah, I can't see Canelo's relative inaction as putting him at a disadvantage. Not at his age. His ring rust will be gone sometime during the 1st round. Golovkin, on the other hand, can't shake off being 36 and getting hit in the head a zillion times. His style of absorbing punishment has been catching up with him for several years.

It's not a nice age for an athlete, 36, especially when you eat punches.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
                    Yeah, I can't see Canelo's relative inaction as putting him at a disadvantage. Not at his age. His ring rust will be gone sometime during the 1st round. Golovkin, on the other hand, can't shake off being 36 and getting hit in the head a zillion times. His style of absorbing punishment has been catching up with him for several years.

It's not a nice age for an athlete, 36, especially when you eat punches.
                    Ridiculous antiquated thinking. An athletes prime easily extends through the 30s with modern science and nutrition.

The damage is a valid point but he is not Brandon Rios, if you don't think GGG has stellar defense you need to find a new sport.

Comment

• Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                      That won't make any difference. Golovkin only fought slightly more at 1 and a half rounds and he's the much older fighter. The time off can't be used as an excuse. It's irrelevant.
                      Yeah he only had 1 and a half rounds, but he had a full camp too. So that keeps him in shape. And it certainly should NOT be used as an excuses, seeing as how it was Canelo's fault in the first place

Comment

Working...
                      X