No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez, Gennady Golovkin Battle To a Split Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by fernandtg View Post
    I haven't even said that I'm a GGG (or Canelo) fan. Did give Canelo credit for his performance though.

Why are you making so many assumptions in your infantile rants? Time to grow up sonny.
    Your ****** ass expects someone to believe your not an alt with 20 posts since opening account. Typical from dsab gggtards,btw I know your JASON SHAW on alt #100000000

Comment

• Originally posted by TMTForever99 View Post
      floyd scored a sensational tko, what did canelo and golovkin do? they both suck and are hype jobs.
      Who the fucc did TMT make a good fight at? They have not!!! TMT is **** and has a lost carrer regardless of a loss on the record!!! A L is A L losrers!! Grow up please!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        I thought mexicans hated runners

What changed??
        Fuuck off Donald *****.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
          I dare Canelo fans to defend this bull****. As always he gets shady judges to save his a$$ .
          I'll defend it. It was a draw.

Canelo outboxed him easily the first 3 rounds but was throwing a lot of his power punches from too far away hoping they land. He gassed by the 5th losing the middle rounds with a few close rounds (i think 6,9 & 10). Then he dug deep and closed the show strong in the last 3 rounds narrowing the lead and resulting in a draw. Aside from the 118-110 the other two judges had it close, it wasn't a robbery.

All in all it was a great fight with the older fighter using his experience and pacing himself Canelo needs to do a better job at being efficient with his power shots and conserving his energy. In a rematch i think it favors the counter puncher and younger fighter, can't wait!

Comment

• Originally posted by jr2122 View Post
            I'll defend it. It was a draw.

Canelo outboxed him easily the first 3 rounds but was throwing a lot of his power punches from too far away hoping they land. He gassed by the 5th losing the middle rounds with a few close rounds (i think 6,9 & 10). Then he dug deep and closed the show strong in the last 3 rounds narrowing the lead and resulting in a draw. Aside from the 118-110 the other two judges had it close, it wasn't a robbery.

All in all it was a great fight with the older fighter using his experience and pacing himself Canelo needs to do a better job at being efficient with his power shots and conserving his energy. In a rematch i think it favors the counter puncher and younger fighter, can't wait!
            Agree 100%

Comment

• I can see a case for the draw, but the 18/10 card was ridiculous.

Personally I think GGG won by 2 rounds, but some rounds were very close.

Canelo really slowed down in the middle of the fight but did come back for the last 2/3 rounds.

At 35 yrs of age GGG showed he is the real deal, I think Canelo was surprised at how GGG ate his best shots and keep coming forward.

Comment

• canelo won 115-114 any other score is wrong and should be thrown out.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
                  I can see a case for the draw, but the 18/10 card was ridiculous.

Personally I think GGG won by 2 rounds, but some rounds were very close.

Canelo really slowed down in the middle of the fight but did come back for the last 2/3 rounds.

At 35 yrs of age GGG showed he is the real deal, I think Canelo was surprised at how GGG ate his best shots and keep coming forward.
                  I am a fan of both fighters but clearly GGG got jobbed tonight!

Like you said GGG took Canelos best shots and kept coming forward!

I gave GGG four rounds buts that's mach ado about nothing!

What Adalaide Byrd did tonight was criminal if she's of sound mind. If not revoke her license. Either way be gone!

Comment

• Great fight. I'm okay with a draw....but 118-110? seriously. I watched the fight on a live stream while i was at work cooking. No sound. Canelo started out great, and slopped the middle to late rounds. Came on strong in the end as i expected was the plan. A great fight. But anyone who thinks EITHER fighter deserved 118-110 is an idiot. Clearly didnt watch the fight. As a golovkin fan i was worried after seeing the first three (which i had canelo taking all). But he got too lazy in the middle rounds. Did golovkin land like he had in the past? of course not. Hes fighting one of the best. But did canelo run the table or even come close? no. not at all. By 7 i was convinced, against my better judgement, that GGG could win on the cards. And of course....some bull****. 115-113 for each on a draw...no dispute. It WAS close. anyone that says GGG isnt the real deal is blind as bat, not matter how you saw the outcome.

Comment

• Id really like a breakdown of how anyone saw this a one sided fight in either direction. Especially for canelo. The "old man" still knows how to fight, i think. I'm excited to watch it again when i can.

Comment

Working...
                      X