Comments Thread For: Monroe: Golovkin Can't Fight Inside; Canelo Could Stop Him Late

Collapse
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ake-Dawg
    Undisputed Champion
    Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
    • Jun 2016
    • 5510
    • 127
    • 80
    • 76,361

    #141
    Originally posted by daggum
    ward wanted ggg to postpone the wbc mandatory and fight him. thats a fact. just look at the timeline of when the fight would have happened. ward is the one who wanted a tuneup not ggg. it was ward! lets break it down. tuneup for ward late in the year and then a ggg fight next year cept......the wbc said they were ordering the canelo/cotto winner in november to fight ggg so how in the world is ggg going to fit a tuneup and a ward fight in the time frame of 3-4 months? makes no sense at all and no one reasonable would ever do that with such a huge fight on the line. yes in retrospective the wbc lied and let canelo fight khan but they couldnt possibly know that at the time. ward fans never ever ask the question of why didnt ward want to fight ggg right away??? ward knew that ggg was set to fight the wbc winner next and yet he still expected ggg to postpone? it was laughable and a poor attempt to trick people into thinking ggg actually ducked. unfortunately low information fans actually believed it!
    There was no duck, but K2 did not seem to be willing to enter into real negotiations for a fight. Only one team sent an official offer. The only thing Team Golovkin did was make comments to the media and respond to the official offer with a maybe 2017 response.

    Comment

    • aboutfkntime
      Undisputed Champion
      Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
      • Feb 2015
      • 47366
      • 1,631
      • 3,563
      • 391,308

      #142
      Originally posted by Ake-Dawg
      There was no duck, but K2 did not seem to be willing to enter into real negotiations for a fight. Only one team sent an official offer. The only thing Team Golovkin did was make comments to the media and respond to the official offer with a maybe 2017 response.

      I am gonna call that 164 demand a duck

      * they were happy to fight EVERYONE else at 168
      * they knew Ward could not make 164
      * they knew that demand would kill the fight

      that 164 demand, had only one purpose

      and when they refused Roc Nation's offer in 36 minutes flat..... they avoided that fight

      Comment

      • Metho_4u
        Undisputed Champion
        Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
        • Mar 2013
        • 7357
        • 211
        • 467
        • 18,920

        #143
        Originally posted by HeadShots
        quote the source that proves Ward's offer was 50/50


        and Golovkin's last offer was 50/50 168. living up to his offer.


        "NO CONCESSIONS FOR GGG!" - Andre Coward


        won't fight him at 168 lbs.


        http://www.latimes.com/sports/sportsnow/la-sp-sn-andre-ward-boxing-gennady-golovkin-hbo-tom-loeffler-20150915-story.html

        "Little G' turned down an official fight with us," Ward told the reporter. "The reality is for all the talk ... the proof is in the pudding. I have an email right now that shows we gave them what they want ... 50/50 ... and the man -- the promoter --turned it down, said maybe 2017."

        Loeffler said the email from an official of Ward’s promoter, Roc Nation Sports, extends a 50/50 purse-split offer to fight in 2016 after each fighter took one fight earlier in the year.

        "It would’ve been a bad deal to take," Loeffler said.

        Loeffler said the Roc Nation email was received hours after he’d already announced Golovkin’s fight with Lemieux at Madison Square Garden, with Roc Nation aware the World Boxing Council designated Golovkin (33-0, 30 knockouts) the mandatory challenger to a then-pending Miguel Cotto-Saul “Canelo” Alvarez title bout that will be fought Nov. 21. Roc Nation promotes Cotto.

        Landing that bout, Loeffler said, would be far more lucrative than a fight against Ward, and if Golovkin could beat both Lemieux and the Cotto-Alvarez winner, Loeffler said his focus for Golovkin would be to unify the middleweight division (he didn't) , with Andy Lee currently possessing the World Boxing Organization belt.

        "If the pay-per-view for the Lemieux fight is what we think it should be, (LMAO! That went well huh?)Gennady would deserve more than 50% against Ward, considering Ward has barely fought outside of California," Loeffler said. "So it’s unreasonable to ask us to commit to that right now."

        Loeffler said his emailed reply to Ward’s camp was that if Ward was still at 168 pounds in early 2017, Golovkin would be pleased to consider (in other words...duck) the bout at that point.

        When Golovkin first began to fight on HBO, Loeffler said, a list of 20 potential opponents included Ward (28-0, 15 knockouts), with Golovkin trainer Abel Sanchez touting his fighter as willing to fight anyone between 154 and 168 pounds (more lies) in a reference directed at Ward.

        But as that interest went unrequited, Loeffler said he was approached by Ward following the Mayweather-Manny Pacquiao fight in May and was asked to stop referencing Ward (in other words, you don't want to fight? Stfu). Loeffler said he and Sanchez agreed to discuss Ward only if asked about him by reporters.

        "If you don’t want to fight a fighter, think it’s not your style, just say that," Ward said on the video. "The truth is, they never wanted the fight. The reality is we offered him a fight six, seven months ago, before we knew he had a pay-per-view coming up ... 50%. He turned it down in five minutes. The short and long of it is they never wanted the fight."


        P.S. here's your link AND proof from Loeffler himself. Go **** yourself

        Comment

        • satiev1
          Undisputed Champion
          Platinum Champion - 1,000-5,000 posts
          • Nov 2015
          • 4626
          • 565
          • 0
          • 78,492

          #144
          Lol at sending an offer 30 minutes after ggg signs a fight with lemieux. LMAO. Then moves up because he states he didn't want to wait.

          Comment

          • Metho_4u
            Undisputed Champion
            Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
            • Mar 2013
            • 7357
            • 211
            • 467
            • 18,920

            #145
            Originally posted by HeadShots
            it's weird because it's Ward that declined the fight at first.


            and it's Ward that declined the fight last.



            so I don't understand how people can spin it like GGG ducking. just LMAO
            Really? LMAO!

            Comment

            • Metho_4u
              Undisputed Champion
              Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
              • Mar 2013
              • 7357
              • 211
              • 467
              • 18,920

              #146
              Originally posted by satiev1
              Lol at sending an offer 30 minutes after ggg signs a fight with lemieux. LMAO. Then moves up because he states he didn't want to wait.
              It said each fighter would have 1 interim fight you ****** asswad, obviously the lemieux fight could've been that fight...did he take it? No, he did not.

              Comment

              • Robbie Barrett
                Banned
                Franchise Champion - 20,000+ posts
                • Nov 2013
                • 40891
                • 2,779
                • 667
                • 570,921

                #147
                Originally posted by daggum
                ward wanted ggg to postpone the wbc mandatory and fight him. thats a fact. just look at the timeline of when the fight would have happened. ward is the one who wanted a tuneup not ggg. it was ward! lets break it down. tuneup for ward late in the year and then a ggg fight next year cept......the wbc said they were ordering the canelo/cotto winner in november to fight ggg so how in the world is ggg going to fit a tuneup and a ward fight in the time frame of 3-4 months? makes no sense at all and no one reasonable would ever do that with such a huge fight on the line. yes in retrospective the wbc lied and let canelo fight khan but they couldnt possibly know that at the time. ward fans never ever ask the question of why didnt ward want to fight ggg right away??? ward knew that ggg was set to fight the wbc winner next and yet he still expected ggg to postpone? it was laughable and a poor attempt to trick people into thinking ggg actually ducked. unfortunately low information fans actually believed it!
                Wrong. The WBC didn't let Canelo fight Khan, Golovkin did, Golovkin accepted step aside money, he could have forced a purse bid and had Canelo stripped.

                Comment

                • GGG Gloveking
                  Undisputed Champion
                  Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                  • Apr 2016
                  • 12382
                  • 658
                  • 193
                  • 189,439

                  #148
                  Ward vs Golovkin: Who Ducked Who?

                  The saga continues...

                  Comment

                  • GGG Gloveking
                    Undisputed Champion
                    Unified Champion - 10,00-20,000 posts
                    • Apr 2016
                    • 12382
                    • 658
                    • 193
                    • 189,439

                    #149
                    Originally posted by Metho_4u
                    It said each fighter would have 1 interim fight you ****** asswad, obviously the lemieux fight could've been that fight...did he take it? No, he did not.
                    Now, I don't want to revisit the whole ward, lil g drama, but one question. The article says "one fight earlier in the year (2016)". Was Ward at that point at least planning to fight Murdoch/Brand on the Cotto-Canelo card? If so, that makes 2 interim fights, one in 2015 and one in the 2016.

                    Comment

                    • Metho_4u
                      Undisputed Champion
                      Super Champion - 5,000-10,000 posts
                      • Mar 2013
                      • 7357
                      • 211
                      • 467
                      • 18,920

                      #150
                      Originally posted by GGG Gloveking
                      Now, I don't want to revisit the whole ward, lil g drama, but one question. The article says "one fight earlier in the year (2016)". Was Ward at that point at least planning to fight Murdoch/Brand on the Cotto-Canelo card? If so, that makes 2 interim fights, one in 2015 and one in the 2016.
                      I guess it was based on if golovkin wanted the fight or not

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      TOP