Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lara's Advice for Golovkin: Can't Beat Canelo by Decision in Vegas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
    How much did Mayweather/Castillo make? Was it even on ppv?

Didn't Mayweather/Maidana make very low numbers by Mayweather's standards?

Yet didn't he give an immediate rematch both times?

You gonna look me straight in the eye (figuratively of course) and tell me there isn't a blatant double standard here?
    Yes. Yes I am going to look you in the eye and say their isn't a blatant double standard. Here is the thing about Floyd. He's an arrogant a$$ who does nothing but talk about how much money he makes and how great he is. Of course he's going to be held to a different standard. If you're going to call yourself the best ever then you should be held to a different standard.

But still, rematches happen all the time. Its always better if something controversial is given an immediate rematch. But they don't always happen. Lord knows alot of people felt their should have been a rematch between ODLH and Felix Trinidad. That ending was far more controversial than either Canelo/Lara or GGG/Jacobs. Same thing with Julio Cesar Chavez and Pernell Whitacker. Chavez took four years to give Meldrick Taylor a rematch and people thought Taylor was well past his prime by that point. Canelo got criticized for not giving Lara a rematch. GGG has gotten criticized for not giving Jacobs an immediate rematch. None of those guys who denied their opponents immediate rematches were black. All got criticized. Its just that some of those fights occurred before the age of internet boxing experts.

***** happens.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
      Erislandy "El Oro de Guantanamo" Lara is a hell of a fighter , a tremendous boxer with phenomanal skills. Lara is arguably a Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighter.

CANELO took the Lara challenge and beat him, while Golovkin wouldn't even dare fight Lara.

CANELO always fights the best, it's what Top P4P fighter's do.

#OLD-SCHOOL
      #THROWBACK
      #THE-GOLDEN-ERA
      Lara does all his talking from a division below GGG. If he was more than just talk he would have moved up to take on the GGG challenge. If GGG wasn't willing to move down for Cotto or Canelo he's not going to do so for Lara.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        Floyd postponed a mega fight with Pacquiao in order to rematch Maidana, Sulaiman even admitted it, said that the reason why they exempted Mayweather from his mandatory obligations, so that he can rematch Maidana and fight Pacquiao afterwards.

Again yawl and your double standards. If, Floyd, the biggest ppv star can postpone the biggest fight in boxing history so that he can clear the air with the Maidana situation, then why can't Alvarez and Golovkin do the same?
        Who's yawl. The Pacquiao fight had been put off for years. So what if it waited longer? Alvarez is never fighting Lara again, we know that. There's nothing to stop Golovkin fighting Jacobs again after Canelo. The whole world wants Golovkin Canelo, weve waited long enough. Then he can clear any air. Remember, the Jacobs fight was ok, but hardly a barnburner. Canelo Lara stunk. Floyds appeal was he's skill and he's 0.He plays the ultimate heel. But Golovkin Jacobs, Alvarez Lara, none of these sell on personality level. And they weren't great action. This is a mega fight, Jacobs hasn't even fought since, he knows it's makes sense to fight the winner.

Comment

Lara knows the deal GGG gotta knock that ***** back to Mexico.

Comment

So Lara is down for a Golovkin pick? Damn.

Comment

Originally posted by REYESdelBOXEO View Post
              Erislandy "El Oro de Guantanamo" Lara is a hell of a fighter , a tremendous boxer with phenomanal skills. Lara is arguably a Top 10 Pound for Pound Fighter.

CANELO took the Lara challenge and beat him, while Golovkin wouldn't even dare fight Lara.

CANELO always fights the best, it's what Top P4P fighter's do.

#OLD-SCHOOL
              #THROWBACK
              #THE-GOLDEN-ERA
              Yeah, meanwhile GGG has fought everyone at 160 and now Canelo, who beat Lara. Meanwhile, since the Canelo fight, Lara has fought nobody but Vanes, including a fking Rabbi who was damaged goods years ago and a bunch of other no hopers. He could have moved up to 160 as the 154 champ and probably got the number one position immediately and got a GGG fight...but nahhhh, GGG is ducking him hard

Comment

Originally posted by BigStomps View Post
                Fool do you ever give Canelo credit for anything?? Why you gotta be a salty ass mother****er always!
                Lara crying like the b itch he is and here you go backing him up! Can't win a ****ing fight by fighting the way he does against Canelo! Dumb ****s like him should know that he's not a draw, he's high risk, low reward. So the one time you get the opportunity to shine, to be under the bright lights and head lines then you gotta go for broke and leave it all in the ring. This fa ggot Lara made it a boring ass fight, he ran not boxed the whole night and now he's crying for a rematch?? What has he done since the Canelo fight to warrant a rematch?? You seem like you know boxing pretty good so even you know everything I just said is true!
                But IDK why you ****ing hate Canelo and you never give him props for anything! That makes you a ****ing hater homeboy!
                getting emotional on me again?? Here's what I give Canelo credit for, fighting trout, Lara and Cotto. More so trout and Lara because they were high risk low reward. I think he beat trout, but the knock down was the difference. He didn't dominate like the scorecards said. I think lara won but don't have a problem with Canelo getting the decision. As I told you before, I don't like the wide ass scorecards he gets in these fights though. It's not representative of what's happening in the fight and looks shady. It's favoritism because he's Mexican and has that fan base. That's why I think ggg has to go for the ko because anything even semi competitive goes to Canelo. That's my opinion.

Comment

[QUOTE=rrayvez;18036978]getting emotional on me again?? Here's what I give Canelo credit for, fighting trout, Lara and Cotto. More so trout and Lara because they were high risk low reward. I think he beat trout, but the knock down was the difference. He didn't dominate like the scorecards said. I think lara won but don't have a problem with Canelo getting the decision. As I told you before, I don't like the wide ass scorecards he gets in these fights though. It's not representative of what's happening in the fight and looks shady. It's favoritism because he's Mexican and has that fan base. That's why I think ggg has to go for the ko because anything even semi competitive goes to Canelo. That's my opinion.[/QUOTE

And I'm cool with that assessment. I don't agree with the score cards either. All three fights were very close fights but I do feel he beat Cotto and Trout. The Lara fight could have gone either way but it wasn't a robbery. Lara makes it sound like he got robbed and you pretty much saying he's right.
                  I read alot of your comments and even though you and me don't always see eye to eye I do feel you have knowledge when it comes to Boxing. But this is the first time you've given Canelo props for anything. Maybe it's cause I called you on it. But every other time you bash him even when he don't deserve it. If Canelo wins this weekend I want you and all the haters to give him props and don't come up with any excuses. Everyone thinks Canelo gets special treatment so Triple g knows what he's gotta do and don't leave it to the judges.

Comment

Some people are in serious denial about this but those will be the same people losing it on this forum if GGG losing by Controversial Decision. People said even before the Canelo vs Lara fight that Lara gets "Robbed"

GGG needs a clean KO or a few Knock Downs to Solidify! Close fight or just Canelo making it to the Cards without getting knock down and Canelo is winning by Decision PERIOD!

Comment

[QUOTE=BigStomps;18037045]
                      Originally posted by rrayvez View Post
                      getting emotional on me again?? Here's what I give Canelo credit for, fighting trout, Lara and Cotto. More so trout and Lara because they were high risk low reward. I think he beat trout, but the knock down was the difference. He didn't dominate like the scorecards said. I think lara won but don't have a problem with Canelo getting the decision. As I told you before, I don't like the wide ass scorecards he gets in these fights though. It's not representative of what's happening in the fight and looks shady. It's favoritism because he's Mexican and has that fan base. That's why I think ggg has to go for the ko because anything even semi competitive goes to Canelo. That's my opinion.[/QUOTE

And I'm cool with that assessment. I don't agree with the score cards either. All three fights were very close fights but I do feel he beat Cotto and Trout. The Lara fight could have gone either way but it wasn't a robbery. Lara makes it sound like he got robbed and you pretty much saying he's right.
                      I read alot of your comments and even though you and me don't always see eye to eye I do feel you have knowledge when it comes to Boxing. But this is the first time you've given Canelo props for anything. Maybe it's cause I called you on it. But every other time you bash him even when he don't deserve it. If Canelo wins this weekend I want you and all the haters to give him props and don't come up with any excuses. Everyone thinks Canelo gets special treatment so Triple g knows what he's gotta do and don't leave it to the judges.
                      when I said that I agreed with lara, I meant along the lines of thinking that ggg getting a decision win wouldn't be likely. Canelo gets favorable scoring and that's just a fact whether anyone is a fan of his or not. If Canelo wins, I will 1000% give him props. However, let's hope that it's not super controversial. For the record, I don't hate Canelo, I don't like the majority of his fan base who refuse to see anything objectively when it comes to him, and I didn't like his choice of his last 3 opponents. I know that golden boy was trying to let him develop more before taking such a big risk of a fight, but didn't like how they tried to take knowledgeable fans for fools by blaming the weight then the flat fee offer etc. But that's over and the fight is finally happening so I'm ready!

Comment

Working...
                      X