Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ward Beats Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would pick Ward over anybody at Cruiserweight! Kovalev as well! Usyk is good been watching him since World Series of Boxing but his Stamina is very shaky. Even vs Huck today he slowed by the 5th - 6th Round and he starts to get a bit sloppy defensively! Seen it vs Huck today when Huck was landing some good shots at times! It is not a Lock that he wins this Tournament because if he gets tired vs Gassiev, Yunier Dorticos or Kudryashov and they land what Huck was able to land? He likely gets dropped and stopped! Also since stepping up vs better competition...haven't really shown much Power vs better competition
    Last edited by sicko; 09-09-2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Usyk looks good....has good speed for a CW.....we don't know how effective Ward would be at 200lbs. Might now bring up his power and speed to that weight.

Right now it's 50/50.

Comment

Hmm, i just can't see it. Nor Gassiev either.

Comment

No, he wouldn't. Usyk would destroy Ward.

Let's stop with the ridiculous overhype.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
            I would pick Ward over anybody at Cruiserweight! Kovalev as well! Usyk is good been watching him since World Series of Boxing but his Stamina is very shaky. Even vs Huck today he slowed by the 5th - 6th Round and he starts to get a bit sloppy defensively! Seen it vs Huck today when Huck was landing some good shots at times! It is not a Lock that he wins this Tournament because if he gets tired vs Gassiev, Yunier Dorticos or Kudryashov and they land what Huck was able to land? He likely gets dropped and stopped! Also since stepping up vs better competition...haven't really shown much Power vs better competition
            Smart money.

Especially if Ward would be underdog against him, easy money if you're a betting man.

Comment

Part of Ward's fight is to out muscle his opponent on the inside during the many clinches he starts by grabbing his opponent every chance he gets. He won't be nearly as strong as a powerful natural 200 pound boxer. That wrestling and holding while hitting won't work on Usyk. Ward doesn't have the punching power to hurt Usyk but Usyk can and will hurt Ward in my opinion. I think Ward is the best today at 175 but not at 200 pounds.

Comment

I would love to see Ward and Kovalev go up and try to beat these Cruiserweights. They don't have to but if people feel like they would beat them, lets see them do it.

I like Kovalev but he's far too basic to have success at a higher weight. He would get destroyed by several of these guys.
                And that basic Kovalev gave Ward a ton of problems in both fights.

Comment

I like both Usyk and Ward. I'd pick Usyk now. Not only is he too big and athletic, he's pretty skilled and tough as nails. Ward is a vet of the sport and has taken too many punches, so a big, skilled guy like Usyk is all the wrong plan at this point of Ward's career. I don't see it ever happening.

My impressions of Usyk tonight is this, in a crazy mix:

average, great, lack of stamina, a mover, doesn't like to the body, highly skilled and tough, faking low blows, somewhat amateurish, strong, stylish, awkward, trying hard to please, blah, blah.........
                  Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 09-09-2017, 07:12 PM.

Comment

the fuck? dude needed the judges and the referee to beat kovalev twice and he is gonna beat the best cruiser weight in the world?

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                      So where are these people for Deontay Wilder? or Demetrius Andrade? There's no hype for Thurman by the black posters, why? Robert Easter? Everyone is in agreement that Lomachenko beats Davis.

So where's the love for all these black fighters? Where are the "next fighter of the decade" threads for these good, young, black fighters?
                      Great post, Kev. A lot of truth right here. I think it has more to do with how you connect with the fighter than race. For example, I like Usyk's fighting style more than let's say someone like GGG or Beterbiev.

Green K sent.
                      Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 09-09-2017, 07:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X