Ward Beats Usyk

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got the urge to bump this thread.

Comment

• lets get this thing on then, all it takes is a few months to prepare and weve got a fight on our hands. if ward wants it, he can get it

Comment

• there's a big difference between 175 and 200lbs...especially when ward was fighting at 168 not long ago. he'd need to put on some size for his style to be effective vs cruiserweights, and the fact that he doesn't have real punching power would make it that much more difficult.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Madison View Post
          lets get this thing on then, all it takes is a few months to prepare and weve got a fight on our hands. if ward wants it, he can get it
          if ward comes back, it won't be for this type of fight. he'll be looking for a payday with a much lower risk attached to it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
            if ward comes back, it won't be for this type of fight. he'll be looking for a payday with a much lower risk attached to it.
            I say Usyk-Bellew October-November, winner gets Ward by summer of 2019. Have Ward fight an interm around February-March.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
              I say Usyk-Bellew October-November, winner gets Ward by summer of 2019. Have Ward fight an interm around February-March.
              who does he face as his first opponent at cruiser?

Comment

• Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
                who does he face as his first opponent at cruiser?
                A tune up. Same way he fought a tune up before fighting Kovalev.

It was actually two tuneups because his lay off was longer that time, Barrera and then the other bum. Now I think he should be good with one. I'm not too well versed in the cruiserweight divsion outside of the main guys, so I don't have anyone in mind atm.

Comment

• I don't even think Ward is the best at 175. I picked him to win the super 6, so it isn't like I'm not a fan or don't appreciate his talent but I think he retired for a reason.

Comment

• Originally posted by lolpz View Post
                    A tune up. Same way he fought a tune up before fighting Kovalev.

It was actually two tuneups because his lay off was longer that time, Barrera and then the other bum. Now I think he should be good with one. I'm not too well versed in the cruiserweight divsion outside of the main guys, so I don't have anyone in mind atm.
                    that's another problem...he'll want to get paid well to face some low level opponent nobody's heard of. he's not gonna step in with anyone rated near the top 10 to test the waters. after making the kind of $$$ he did for the kovalev fights, I have a hard time seeing come back for a bigger risk and a pay cut. these are the type of situations we want to see as fans, but they rarely materialize.

Comment

• Ward has had enough of the Eastern Bloc fighters. He may have two wins over Kovalev, but it was no cake walk for him. That's why he retired.

Comment

Working...
                      X