Collapse
No announcement yet.

PBC = Part-time Boxing Champions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think Spence is the world's best welterweight and I hope he gets the chance to prove it sooner rather than later. I think he wants to fight the best but the best don't want to fight him. This doesn't have much to do with the topic but I just like to brag on Spence.

Comment

I don't even want to mention Spence moving up, but what if this problem of getting fights in his division continues? Is it even realistic to expect him fight 3 times a year when not one in his own PBC stable is willing to fight him?

Comment

Originally posted by omh View Post
        Spence needs to sign with a legit promoter he's going nowhere the way haymon is managing him
        GBP, Dela Hoya, had expressed interest in signing him.
        Don't even know how would that work.
        Maybe pit him against Canelo or something.
        Funny part about Spence if he decides to move up is the 154 division is even worse. Guys like Lara, Andrade, Charlo, who themselves haven't even fought after all these years.
        It's comical.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          GBP, Dela Hoya, had expressed interest in signing him.
          Don't even know how would that work.
          Maybe pit him against Canelo or something.
          Funny part about Spence if he decides to move up is the 154 division is even worse. Guys like Lara, Andrade, Charlo, who themselves haven't even fought after all these years.
          It's comical.
          Which is why I don't believe this 'new face of boxing' stuff..

He's currently in a fairly thin welterweight division, with 154 not being particularly strong itself.

A Thurman fight is all he has really. There isn't much more talent in or around his weight, other than Lara (maybe Andrade if he achieves something). Definitely noone elite

Comment

lol I like it

Comment

Originally posted by techliam View Post
              Which is why I don't believe this 'new face of boxing' stuff..

He's currently in a fairly thin welterweight division, with 154 not being particularly strong itself.

A Thurman fight is all he has really. There isn't much more talent in or around his weight, other than Lara (maybe Andrade if he achieves something). Definitely noone elite
              The 154 division is worse. The ones on top just like to fight Gausha type fighters. It remains to be seen if they even want a strong welter guy like Spence.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeMan View Post
                I don't even want to mention Spence moving up, but what if this problem of getting fights in his division continues? Is it even realistic to expect him fight 3 times a year when not one in his own PBC stable is willing to fight him?
                He'll eventually end up moving up because of lack of fights in his current division.
                For sure he'll get more fights in Europe where big guys abound.
                They'll be more than happy to fight a smaller guy with an established name.

Comment

Pbc taking ova doe. Lmao clowns

Comment

We need to start writing the record history of these fighters so we don't have to debate it thousands of times like the Pac/May story.

Any rivalry that could potentially come up resembling the May/Pac?

Comment

Originally posted by Teetotaler View Post
                      Pbc taking ova doe. Lmao clowns
                      Titles controlled by PBC:

WBC HEAVYWEIGHT (and possibly soon WBA HEAVYWEIGHT as well)

WBC LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

WBA LIGHT HEAVYWEIGHT

WBC SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT

IBF SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT (and INTERIM IBF SUPER MIDDLEWEIGHT as well)

WBC SUPER WELTERWEIGHT

WBA SUPER WELTERWEIGHT

IBF JUNIOR MIDDLEWEIGHT

WBC WELTERWEIGHT (and soon INTERIM WBC SUPER WELTERWEIGHT as well)

SUPER WBA WELTERWEIGHT

WBA WELTERWEIGHT

IBF WELTERWEIGHT

IBF JUNIOR WELTERWEIGHT

WBC LIGHTWEIGHT

IBF LIGHTWEIGHT

IBF JUNIOR LIGHTWEIGHT

WBC FEATHERWEIGHT

SUPER WBA FEATHERWEIGHT

WBA FEATHERWEIGHT

Comment

Working...