Collapse
No announcement yet.

We need a new boxing video game!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they could get PBC and TR to both sign off, EA could make an amazing game..

Comment

There was definitely a shift to more of an arcade style from 4 to Champion

A boxing game, if done right, could be the best sports game there is.

Comment

Originally posted by hateinyaeyes32 View Post
        It's been too long. I haven't played video games in a while, but I can't believe fight night round 4 was the last boxing game they've released! I figured theyd have something for ps4 which is what I currently own. Majorly disappointed when I found nothing!

Edit: Fight Night Champions is the last boxing game released
        But the last GOOD boxing game was Don King's Prizefighter.

If you have an itch play that one - sparring injuries (where you go into a prize fight with a broken hand or whatever), illegal tactics, headbutts, crooked promoters... That game was as close to real as it gets.

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
        Who would they put in the game? Jeff Horn? Mikey Garcia? Billy Joe Saunders? Sounds exciting.
        Jeff Horn's Punch Out!

I'd buy it.

Comment

There are a few massive roadblocks preventing a new FN game.

1. Boxer licensing costs a lot of money.
          2. Even of they made the perfect game, the customer base is niche (small).
          3. The need an entirely new engine and that costs money.
          4. Punching power is hard to code and ultimately the defining factor in a match.
          5. Realistic vs Arcade. The suits seem to go with their perception of Arcade.
          6. EA is falling apart. They just permanently closed their Golf line for many of the ^ reasons.
          7. Balance. They don't know how to properly balance the skills which is probably ruined by an Arcadey vision.
          8. Server/Client Architecture. Once you have the goods, you need the proper delivery system so it plays well. This costs money.
          9. Anti-Cheat provisions. Another costly feature.

TL;DR

The cost to create a good boxing game is like 40 million in development costs. However many million in royalties to licensing. Then add another 50 million in marketing (yes, thats how much it costs). So we're talking 120+ million on a super big risk that would take 4+ years to develop.

Comment

Greatest boxing video games:

Fight Night Champions
            Fight Night Round 3

The scoring system on Fight Night Champions is incredibly realistic and has some of the best graphics on the PS3. Unfortunately, this has been brought up before and a petition was made, but EA are more interested in the UFC right now - there has to be enough demand so they can have a return in their investment. I remember when we had regular game releases: KO Kings, FN2, 3, Showtime boxing

Comment

How about Deontay wilders ...... DUCKER : Welcome to wilder country , boxing game ?

Where you get to play wilder and have to build up your management team /trainers and avoid top ranked guys and the more you avoid them the more your stock goes up bc that is the object of the game. When you get cornered into a fight ( Mandatory) as Wilder you get to go on missions to sabotage ped tests armed with only hand wraps to knock off the security guards, set fires to other training camps, threating Dr.s to fake injury tests..ets..etc...

in between fights with money won ,you build huge parades,statues and if you can choose a good or bad passage where you actually fight legit guys after 10 years ( in game) or you start to get shady and pay ppl off to lose,maybe even poison them?

Other options can include after career where if you go undefeated he can try and take over the entire states by becoming president and make every town like Tuscaloosa Alabama and destroys the entire country ,

It will be a boxing/role playing /adventure mix type of game where you even get to play Lou" Diabolical" Dibella shining Lazer lights into opponents eyes,throwing water or oil to a corner,maybe even tacks? when the top guys are up.

Comment

They are making one. I know from an inside source. Should be out within the next year or 2.

Comment

I hope I'm not the only old man who played Mike Tysons Punch Out on Nintendo as a kid...

Comment

Originally posted by McNulty View Post
                    There are a few massive roadblocks preventing a new FN game.

1. Boxer licensing costs a lot of money.
                    2. Even of they made the perfect game, the customer base is niche (small).
                    3. The need an entirely new engine and that costs money.
                    4. Punching power is hard to code and ultimately the defining factor in a match.
                    5. Realistic vs Arcade. The suits seem to go with their perception of Arcade.
                    6. EA is falling apart. They just permanently closed their Golf line for many of the ^ reasons.
                    7. Balance. They don't know how to properly balance the skills which is probably ruined by an Arcadey vision.
                    8. Server/Client Architecture. Once you have the goods, you need the proper delivery system so it plays well. This costs money.
                    9. Anti-Cheat provisions. Another costly feature.

TL;DR

The cost to create a good boxing game is like 40 million in development costs. However many million in royalties to licensing. Then add another 50 million in marketing (yes, thats how much it costs). So we're talking 120+ million on a super big risk that would take 4+ years to develop.
                    Fight night was always a huge success. its one of the best game franchises in history the people love it and people buy it. one of the most popular games of all time.

Comment

Been posting that for YEARS! You want to reach and younger Demographic do like UFC and WWE do and release a good fun video game every year

The problem with boxing is that fighters are all over the place with different promotions so it would be impossible to get all of the top current fighters on 1 Game. You basically have to pay each fighter for the rights to put them in the game individually and I sure that end up totaling a lot of money! EA Sports gave up because they was paying all this money for Legends Likeness but nobody was buying Fight Night that much
                      Last edited by sicko; 09-03-2017, 01:11 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X