Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mikey Garcia vs Cotto for december? Mikey tweets

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mikey is biting off way more than he can chew with that one. From a technical ability, I'd love Mikey's chances, but Cotto is way too big

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      Bro, like I've said in multiple Mikey Garcia threads/articles, this guy is just riding the wave and trying to keep his name out there.

He has mentioned Crawford and Thurman, do you really think he would fight them? And now Cotto, do you really believe that?
      I can definitely see this as a way for him to remain relevant. But I would not doubt that he fights Crawford some time next year. I don't see that fight as a huge mismatch. Granted, I favor Crawford, but Mikey would hold his own in that fight. 147 will probably be way too much for Mikey

Comment

Originally posted by Raggamuffin View Post
        Cotto isn't coming down to 147, and Garcia isn't going to 154.
        Oh theres 0% chance this fight is happening. This is Mikey keeping his name out there every day. Mikey smart as f#ck with it on this 2nd go around in boxing & working this game without a promoter. This is what more fighters should be doing. Showing up on social media & youtube all the time. Being at the fights all the time. I've seen Mikey all over lately.

Comment

this is what i was saying about mikey!!! he's only brave calling out old fading fighters or want smaller fighters to move up. he wanted pac, now cotto. but no mention on the younger guys.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieClutch View Post
            I can definitely see this as a way for him to remain relevant. But I would not doubt that he fights Crawford some time next year. I don't see that fight as a huge mismatch. Granted, I favor Crawford, but Mikey would hold his own in that fight. 147 will probably be way too much for Mikey
            I dont see him fighting Crawford. Crawford will be at 147 next year. And I think it's a mismatch.

Mikey is slow and kinda basic. Crawford is too big and long for Mikey.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
              I dont see him fighting Crawford. Crawford will be at 147 next year. And I think it's a mismatch.

Mikey is slow and kinda basic. Crawford is too big and long for Mikey.
              I agree that Crawford will wind up being too big and long, but "basic" isn't how I'd describe Mikey. He's got some of the best fundamentals I've ever seen. I'd make a wager on that fight for the hell of it, because if anyone can beat or even trouble Crawford at 140 it would be Mikey

Comment

mikey trying to keep himself relevant

Comment

tooo small toooo small. guys, you need to get in the ring with rigodeaux. bet some of y'all are 180 and rigo would tear your ass up.

de la hoya was too big for pac, cotto was meant to kill pac and floyd sr was worried for pacs health.floyd was probably 20lb lighter then mcgregor. on average floyd was probably 15lbs smaller than his opponent every fight! pac the same when he moved up.

within reason, id say within 10lbs on weight night, the small guy can use his advantages like speed and agilty.

i like this fight!

Comment

Working...
                  X