No announcement yet.

The Mayweather handpicking myth is a lie

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
    Good interview quotes . i respect that you brought up evidence to support your point.

In 1999 Floyd had been the super feather weight champ for a year and had about 20 total fight. While mosely had about 30 fights and had been the champ at light weight for about two years. I don't think it's that it's unreasonable that Floyd didn't want to right away jump to lightweight.

You are giving Floyd excuses. I brought up these exact points several times too and Floyd fans duck the truth.

Mosley said that Floyd was not stating the truth and brought up the fact that Floyd said that he had no intentions to fight Mosley, so Mosley jumped from 135 to 147 to fight Oscar!!!!
    One guy (Mosley) jumped 2 divisions to fight for the WW title while the other guy (Floyd) wanted no part of Mosley!

Even later on in his career, Mosley stated that he had just fought back to back to back fights and wanted the fight to happen a month or two later. Remember that this is a fighter (Floyd) who was ready to retire. Who would you have wanted on your resume prior to retirement? No-Name Baldomir or Shane Mosley? All Floyd had to do is have the fight a month or two later.....

and Mosley did just that. A few months after the Floyd/Baldomir fight, Mosley fought.

For years Mosley was seen wanting the fight.

Mosley fought:
    prime Oscar 2X, Vernon Forrest 2X, Winky Wright 2X, Margarito, Cotto, Manny Pacquiao ...... when they were prime as well. For a Floyd fan to bring up that lame interview of Shane is pathetic and doesn't know the TRUTH!!!

NOTE: Floyd was supposedly complaining that Arum was not getting him the big fights and wanted out but on Floyd's first pick, Floyd chose no-name Baldomir over Shane Mosley!!! WOW!!!

and finally, Floyd was interviewed just before his fight against Mosley where Mosley hadn't fought in about 1.5 years and was about 39 years old.
    They asked Floyd what's his game plan? Floyd responded by saying that his game plan is taking into account that rusty as nails Mosley was old.

Last edited by ADP02; 08-30-2017, 11:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      Castillo:
      Floyd had underestimated him and thought it would be an easy fight.
      Castillo 2 fight, they were about to do it in LA but Floyd didn't trust it being in LA because he thought that the judges may favor Castillo not Floyd. Floyd wanted the fight in friendly territory ..... VEGAS ..... The champ Castillo got the short end of the stick in the first one ...

Maidana:
      Floyd cherry picked Maidana who had lost in the cherry pick contest made up by Floyd. Floyd and company marketed Maidana as the KO artist but with 24 hours to the fight, Floyd told Maidana that he cannot wear his approved gloves.
      Maidana 2, Maidana again was NOT allowed to wear his gloves. Furthermore, Floyd cried so much after the first fight that they got him KENNY STOP STOP BAYLESS who had deducted Maidana 2 points in one of his other WW fights. Dave Moretti, who judged their 1st fight also judged the 2nd fight. Who would allow that? A judge that doesn't give Maidana the credit that he deserved in the first fight gets the OK to judge them again??????????

Floyd was basically allowed to hug, hold, elbow, .... all night long but Maidana was the only one that was deducted a point. Even Showtime questioned that point deduction. Just prior to that, Floyd elbowed Maidana twice!!!! No deductions!

Floyd admits that he tries to win the fight before the fight even starts by getting as many of the advantages as possible. "peeleft:

and here are 2 fights where quite a few rounds, there were mostly pitty patty punches or tap punches by Floyd but were apparently scored by judges as good enough to win rounds over the opponent who throw bigger shots! McGregor fight, the same Floyd fans no longer think that pitty patty punches should be counted .....

Shut your dumb ass up. Talking about wanting advantages??? Cough cough. How about Pacquiaos billion catch weights? The **** you gotta say about that?

Oh, that's right. Pacquiao fights for the people. Cough cough. I remember his "cherry picking poll" where the people picked Khan, for some reason he fought Horn.

Oh, cough cough. I do recall Manny's team telling Mosley that he was too good for the fight. If he was old when he fought Floyd, what was he when he fought PAC?

Or how about roach getting info on Floyd's camp from his Mexican boys, hmm?

You little bltch. Your only purpose here now is to hate on Floyd. He ruined your life.

Don't ever talk about someone wanting advantages when you changed the topic of our debate and still got decapitated 4-0. Plus you begged me for a draw you little bltch. You're pathetic and I'm happy I beat the living shlt outta you
      Last edited by travestyny; 08-30-2017, 11:32 PM.

Comment

You are giving Floyd excuses. I brought up these exact points several times too and Floyd fans duck the truth.

Mosley said that Floyd was not stating the truth and brought up the fact that Floyd said that he had no intentions to fight Mosley, so Mosley jumped from 135 to 147 to fight Oscar!!!!
        One guy (Mosley) jumped 2 divisions to fight for the WW title while the other guy (Floyd) wanted no part of Mosley!

Even later on in his career, Mosley stated that he had just fought back to back to back fights and wanted the fight to happen a month or two later. Remember that this is a fighter (Floyd) who was ready to retire. Who would you have wanted on your resume prior to retirement? No-Name Baldomir or Shane Mosley? All Floyd had to do is have the fight a month or two later.....

and Mosley did just that. A few months after the Floyd/Baldomir fight, Mosley fought.

For years Mosley was seen wanting the fight.

Mosley fought:
        prime Oscar 2X, Vernon Forrest 2X, Winky Wright 2X, Margarito, Cotto, Manny Pacquiao ...... when they were prime as well. For a Floyd fan to bring up that lame interview of Shane is pathetic and doesn't know the TRUTH!!!

NOTE: Floyd was supposedly complaining that Arum was not getting him the big fights and wanted out but on Floyd's first pick, Floyd chose no-name Baldomir over Shane Mosley!!! WOW!!!

and finally, Floyd was interviewed just before his fight against Mosley where Mosley hadn't fought in about 1.5 years and was about 39 years old.
        They asked Floyd what's his game plan? Floyd responded by saying that his game plan is taking into account that rusty as nails Mosley was old.

All of your bullshlt about Mosley is void since Floyd beat his ass right after he wrecked Margarito. I didn't see your god stepping to him after that you dumb bltch.

And why you ducking my posts about the judges in our debate, f@g? You got the shlt kicked out of you and I'll be reminding you of that all the time you cowardly asking for a draw little bltch

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
          Shut your dumb ass up. Talking about wanting advantages??? Cough cough. How about Pacquiaos billion catch weights? The **** you gotta say about that?

Oh, that's right. Pacquiao fights for the people. Cough cough. I remember his "cherry picking poll" where the people picked Khan, for some reason he fought Horn.

Oh, cough cough. I do recall Manny's team telling Mosley that he was too good for the fight. If he was old when he fought Floyd, what was he when he fought PAC?

You little bltch. Your only purpose here now is to hate on Floyd. He ruined your life.

Don't ever talk about someone wanting advantages when you changed the topic of our debate and still got decapitated 4-0. Plus you begged me for a draw you little bltch. You're pathetic and I'm happy I beat the living shlt outta you
          @ the gif

Comment

Or how about roach getting info on Floyd's camp from his Mexican boys, hmm?

Everybody but YOU knew the truth that Cotto was next in line being that he was under Top Rank and would help with the PPVs as well.

Advantages?
            Manny had just moved up to 135 then jumped to 147 while Oscar went from 150 to 147 .... sure wished Floyd would have done that type of "advantage" against someone like Ward!

Floyd did a CW AFTER he said that CWs are to drain your opponent! Floyd admits it for once. Time you do the same, punk!

Comment

All of your bullshlt about Mosley is void since Floyd beat his ass right after he wrecked Margarito. I didn't see your god stepping to him after that you dumb bltch.

And why you ducking my posts about the judges in our debate, f@g? You got the shlt kicked out of you and I'll be reminding you of that all the time you cowardly asking for a draw little bltch
              Right after Margarito fight? WOW!!!
              Well, it was actually after about 1.5 years and after Floyd was calling Mosley ..... OLD!!!

As already stated, Manny fought another TR fighter as everyone knew would have happened and would get good PPV #s and too boot, Cotto beat Mosley!!! Manny fought the winner!

Comment

Everybody but YOU knew the truth that Cotto was next in line being that he was under Top Rank and would help with the PPVs as well.

Advantages?
                Manny had just moved up to 135 then jumped to 147 while Oscar went from 150 to 147 .... sure wished Floyd would have done that type of "advantage" against someone like Ward!

Floyd did a CW AFTER he said that CWs are to drain your opponent! Floyd admits it for once. Time you do the same, punk!
                Lmao. That's the best you got bltch. Your boy, who outweighed Floyd during their fight, was afraid to fight Cotto at a comfortable weight. Get out of here with your bullshlt idiot. You worship a false god who got his ass beat by a bus driver

Comment

Right after Margarito fight? WOW!!!
                  Well, it was actually after about 1.5 years and after Floyd was calling Mosley ..... OLD!!!

As already stated, Manny fought another TR fighter as everyone knew would have happened and would get good PPV #s and too boot, Cotto beat Mosley!!! Manny fought the winner!
                  Keep making excuses bltch. Didn't your god refuse to fight Cotto without a catch weight?

Your god fought Cotto 2 years after his Mosley fight with a catchweight idiot

Your god fought Mosley one year after Floyd Go crawl back in that grave I put you in, bltch.
                  Last edited by travestyny; 08-31-2017, 12:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by whoelsebutjames View Post
                    Dispelling the myth that Mayweather fought his opponents at the wrong time. The short sightedness of fans is off the charts. One fan says it and All the boxing analyst run with it.

Genaro hernandez. Only lost to delahoya in the mid 90s before Floyd was factor

Angel Manfreddy. Was a feared boxer at the time and hadn't lost in years before Floyd. Lasted two or 3 rounds

Diego corralles. Undefeated and Floyd was considered the underdog.

Castillo went on to beat corralles and Joel Casamayor afterwards.

Chop chop. This was his first fight at jr welter and he went toe to toe with him Chop chop had two losses at the time and one was to Judah. This is notable since in this fight Larry Merchant and the HBO cast said Gatti and sharmba Mitchell would beat Floyd and Floyd would not fight him. 2004(watch it on YouTube to hear, it was a good fight anyway)

Gatti 2005. Only took one fight before this. But By the time this fight started regardless of what was said and forgotten two fights earlier- Floyds now the favorite. Gatti was still on his win streak since Mickey Ward2003. What changed ?

Sharmba. 2005 Coming of lost to Tzu but still everybody said Floyd Couldn't beat him 3 fights earlier and e had already lost to Tzu back in 2003

Judah was coming off loss to Carlos baldomir. This was floyds first fight at welter. Hardly cherry picking when moving up in weight

Baldomir. Had just beaten Judah and Gatti. Had no recent losses. Only the losses he already had prior to beating Judah

Delahoya. Was partially inactive before Mayweather other than a tuneup. Had been fighting at super welter and middle in his fights before being inactive

Ricky Hatton. Was undefeated and had beat the feared kosta tzu

Shane mosely had just beat the breaks of margarito one fight prior to Mayweather.

Cottos only losses were PAC and margarito at the time

Guerrero only had one loss and back then people on this forum thought he was the second coming. Had no recent losses.

Victor Ortiz had beat berto and Nate cambell prior to the fight

Canelo. Was undefeated. Had beaten cintron and mosely

*** never fought TZU who was done after Hatton in 2005. Two years after Floyd entered the jr Welters
                    *** never fought margarito at 147 who was proven to be a cheater later
                    *** never fought Vernon Forrest, Quintana, Paul Williams
                    *** mosely, Trinidad, and Vargas were in the welterweights when Floyd fought corralles at featherweight/lightweight

The only the knock on Floyd is that he didn't fight PAC at the time when PAC destroyed Cotto. People just wanted Floyd to loose. He faced most of his biggest opponents within 2 fights of people calling them out for him. With the exception of Judah and PAC the handpicking myth is a lie. The real issue is that Floyd had a 13 year prime while most fighters primes only last 5 years.
                    Hernandez and Castillo were great wins but he seemed to become very reluctant to fight undefeated fighters after Castillo and even later admitted that he picks his opponents based on their blueprints to lose ( brains scrambled from brutal KOs), which is basically why he ducked opponents who the fans wanted him to fight.

Corrales was great but was on his way to prison for KOing his pregnant girlfriend and then Floyd and her became very close before the fight

Canelo is great but he was also starved before the fight.
                    Last edited by maracho; 08-31-2017, 12:09 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maracho View Post
                      Hernandez and Castillo were great wins but he seemed to become very reluctant to fight undefeated fighters after Castillo and even later admitted that he picks his opponents based on their blueprints to lose ( brains scrambled from brutal KOs), which is basically why he ducked opponents who the fans wanted him to fight.

Corrales was great but was on his way to prison for KOing his pregnant girlfriend and then Floyd and her became very close before the fight

Canelo is great but he was also starved before the fight.
                      So tell me 1 guy who was a big win for Floyd who was coming off a brutal KO loss? Off the top of my head the only ones are Sharmba Mitchell (which was a tune-up fight for his first fight at 147 and Cotto who lost to Pacquiao at 145 rather than 154). I guess you could count Berto too but that isn't even one of his best 15 wins. That's 3 guys out of 31 since he has been fighting at a world class level.

Also who did he not fight that the public was seriously calling for? Unknown Bumgarito who couldn't even beat Santos and lost to every top guy he fought? Williams who lost to Quintana and got KO'd by Martinez? The public wasn't calling for those fights at all. And Floyd would've been criticized a lot more if he fought those guys instead of fighting Baldomir, DLH, Hatton, JMM, Mosley and Canelo etc. There's no great fighter of his era who was willing and didn't get the fight. Not one.

Floyd's the most skilled and dominant boxer of all time and the sad thing is people won't give him credit because he makes them jealous. However, Ali went through the same thing when he was at the top then once he retired all the haters jumped on his nuts and started acting like they were fans from day 1. Mark my words once boxing becomes a lot less entertaining the same will happen with Floyd.
                      Last edited by JK1700; 08-31-2017, 12:43 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X