Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Floyd Mayweather Stops Conor McGregor in The Tenth

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Man, say whatever you want, Floyd took it too him and got a TKO. The result is what matters. I was never much of a Floyd fan through the years but lets be real here, people will find any and all ways they can to discredit and complain about what he does and how he does it. Casuals simply can not accept his position as this generations finest boxer. If you are a fan of his or not, you must see that?

Casual fight fans are just salty because they want to see him lose and he didn't and MMA fans are salty because their main representative fell short by miles. McGregor told us he'd breeze through him, it was the complete opposite of that. Early success and the fact he did better than what people thought does not discredit or dilute the result.

He is 40 years old, came out of retirement for a crossover fight that had millions of people wondering 'what if', and he won. Floyd did well. Accept it, move on.

Comment

• Had fun watching this. Was surprised Mcgregor went to 10.

With proper stamina training I could see him boxing.

Comment

• This just proves what i have been saying all along mma power is very overrated and mma chins are very weak.i truly believe if they let connor use his 4oz mma gloves, he still couldn't hurt floyd. Connor has absolutely no snap on his punches at all.

Comment

• Originally posted by HAMMER77777 View Post
          Im not racist at all. I have family members in every race. And What is fooook you? You can't spell "fuck you" properly? FOOOK? Egg Fook Young?

Originally Posted by HAMMER77777
          HAHA MCCRACKER GOT KTFO! Go back to Ireland Drunk boy!

Spell FUCK properly, LOL!!!!!
          You ARE a RACIST POS! Everyone can see it you dumb FUCK!!!!

Comment

• Very, very surprised it went 10 rounds??? Props to Conor.

Comment

• Nice farce, decent recitation by the actors. Now let's move on with boxing please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Brassangel View Post
                To the idiots claiming that fatigue, not Mayweather, did Conor in: you realize that fatigue was caused by Mayweather, right? He did something Conor hadn't seen before: stalked him down. Stalked him, stalked him, stalked him. He didn't let Conor get the separation he wanted for his longer punches and counter punches, made him miss, and basically didn't have to throw for 3 rounds. From round 4 on, Mayweather found the body and the straight right hand, and basically gave him a merciful TKO by the end.

Despite being smaller, older, two years away and carrying those brittle hands, literally EVERY punch Mayweather landed snapped Conor's head back. Early or late, his punches did a whole lot more than Conor's did.

We heard it all from the know-nothing casuals and MMA die-hards alike about how Floyd wouldn't be able to hurt the bigger guy who's accustomed to taking shin bones to the face. Yet every punch Floyd landed snapped Conor's stupid potato head backwards. Once Floyd turned up the pressure, Conor was out on his feet. He landed 23 of 25 to a gassed McGregor - who threw nothing back in over a minute - and thus the ref stopped it.

McGregor didn't outbox Mayweather, because Mayweather was always in control of the pace of the fight. He wanted to stalk him early and gas him. Not because it's a weak or easy strategy, but because it's not something an MMA fighter is used to seeing. They can usually just grapple a guy to avoid being stalked. Furthermore, if it were the easy way out, McGregor should have done something about it to win but he couldn't.

McGregor was outclassed all the way, but that was expected. In the eyes of the neanderthal sports fans, it was going to be a lose-lose for boxing. If Mayweather wins, he was supposed to. If McGregor wins, boxing is a joke.

It was clear from his smiles and posture early on that Floyd didn't take this fight too seriously. He just held his hands up and walked the bigger guy down. Nothing Conor threw had any sting; for all the talk of how hard he punches, he did NOTHING to Floyd (who in turn mashed up the potato's face).

P.S. As to the stoppage: Unlike MMA, boxing has a 200+ year history to justify stopping fights at that juncture. One punch too late is always worse than one punch too soon.
                Truly the best post I've seen. I wish I wrote it myself. I'm going to steal your points. People will realize as we struggle to find new faces of boxing just how much of a genius this man is in the ring and hell even outside the ring. Watching that fight and seeing just how huge that mofo Conor was, and with the reputation of being tough and hard hitting...and little Floyd with no fear of this Goliath with monkey arms....just walking him back. Brilliant. Just brilliant. After Canelo loses and GGG avoids Ward...people will now have to start giving Ward his recognition. Boxing is a science not a street fight.

Comment

• it was a farce.

Now, The g a y one shoulfd give a rematch at UFC and let's see how he does in the 35 seconds he will last before he gets murdered.

Comment

• McGregor has zero power! Floyd walked through him for 4 rounds, and bullied him! Props to Badou Jack and Floyd Mayweather! BULLIES!

Comment

• Originally posted by USMCer View Post
                      Conor has the trump card...

"I'm the real fighter, you're just a Boxer..."

It'll all be on Floyd to make something happen.

At one point or another, if Floyd is only looking to counter, Conor will decided to just stand in the center of the ring with his arms at his side just staring down Floyd.

What's Floyd gonna do then?
                      I am just happy that you mountain dew drinking monster hat wearing mma loving 9 to fivesters will be gone now....funny how you chumps became boxing gurus overnights

Comment

Working...
                      X