Collapse
No announcement yet.

Floyd Mayweather Jr. (49-0) vs 1981 Sugar Ray Leonard @ 147

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL @ people saying SRL knocks Floyd out. Even Leonard himself said that Floyd would've been competitive and great in any era of boxing. Floyd had 2 close fights his whole career, no one is just gonna "destroy" him. It's competitive vs anyone.

Put it this way, if Hearns and Benitez could outbox Ray for periods of those fights and make it very close, and Duran was able to get in is head and make him fight a fight that didn't suit him, Mayweather could do those things too. It's a close fight for sure, but Floyd is more complete than SRL and from a mental standpoint he's the smarter fighter. Plus he would've been a lot harder to hit than those guys.

I like Floyd by a very close decision.

Comment

Prime SRL against 40 yr old Floyd. Really???

Comment

May doesn't stand a chance in this hypothetical and mythical match up. He's fighting a man who is naturally larger and stronger than him with just as much of a gifted skill set and ring IQ as his own. I like Sugar Ray Leonard in this match up by either TKO or lopsided unanimous decision. Also, the answer to that old question is yes. Ray Leonard will crack the MayVinci code

Comment

Sugar Ray Leonard defeats any version of Floyd Mayweather, Jr. At 147 because welterweight was his natural peak weight. Whereas 130, Junior lightweight; Was Pretty Boy Floyd's natural peak weight.

Comment

Originally posted by STILL_DETOX View Post
            who takes it in a 12 rounder....15 rounder?

I feel that ray's hand speed and physical advantages (reach, height) would shock floyd and his output make it easier for the judges to score it for him, ultimately a UD for ray
            Ray beats Floyd from pillar to post.

Comment

I would favor SRL but it's really hard to say because its going to hinge on how much Floyd makes him miss.

If Floyd can make him miss, he could show the pace down then it comes down to SRL trying to land that counter. Ray really wasn't a counter puncher. Ray could do anything, but we've seen him get frustrated and shut down.

Yes, he got Hearns late and all, but Hearns got comfortable when he was ahead and let his defenses down. Floyd doesn't do that.

Comment

Prime Floyd puts on another masterclass. Similar 2 Duran vs Leonard 1

Comment

Dream fight to watch, its hard to call but i have to go with the guy who has never been defeated.

Comment

Leonard is bigger, faster, stronger, and has far greater opposition. Decision or late stoppage. Leonard's combinations made mayweather's combinations look like nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by Graz View Post
                      Love it. Think of time like smoke through a keyhole. Never stagnant just a continuum. But to the OP's point, on one hand I see Sugar Ray beating Floyd but whenever I've thought anyone has had a shot against him I was wrong. Floyd is a genius in the ring and has a way of figuring out how to beat the best out there.

Lol, the OP technically has the Mayweather of 49-0 vs. Sugar Ray Leonard of 1981 according to the title.

Lol, in that match up Leonard would crush Mayweather.

But Prime vs Prime is much more debatable on who would win.

Comment

Working...
                      X