Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Mayweather vs. McGregor: NSAC Approves Use of 8-Ounce Gloves

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyd's hands are ****ed even before the fight he's on YouTube high as *** after training, can bearly stand after lidocaine shot, 8oz gloves McGregor will bash him all over the ring

Comment

This doesn't change a thing. Maybe extend McG one round, due to lightness of the glove.

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
        So where are all of the posters who said that Mayweather was only asking for 8oz gloves because he knows it can't be granted?

Let's see who steps up and admits to simply being a mindless hater.
        PAID!!!

is this suppose to make floyd look good or some thing? i dont get it.

Comment

Originally posted by livershot73 View Post
          my thoughts exactly, not too long ago there was a report published on here where the director or some s h i t representative from the NSAC commented that the rules clearly state that only 10 oz gloves will be used "for the safety of the fighters" and that under no circumstances, would approval for 8 oz be granted....but I guess "now they be panicking doe"
          Despite reports to the contrary on social media from Floyd Mayweather, the Nevada State Athletic Commission will not allow his request to have the glove size changed in his pay-per-view boxing match against UFC champion Conor McGregor.

But NSCA executive director Bob Bennett said Tuesday that the commission would not bend to Mayweather's request, regardless of whether both fighters agree, because it goes against their own rules.

"These regulations are in place for the health and safety of the athletes, which is of the utmost importance to the commission," Bennett told ESPN. "Our regulations already outline the appropriate glove size according to contracted weight of a fight."

Comment

Ok that was the only thing that gave Conor a chance really. Bad move by Floyd really. Now Conor does have a punchers chance. If he hits Floyd with that left that he hit Paulie with in an 8 oz. glove, Floyd's sleeping for sure.

Comment

Touche Floyd! It really only matters to he whom gets hit with the gloves. And Floyd wasn't planning on getting hit so the point goes to Floyd even though McG thinks he's got an advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
                Like Floyd has ever cared about what people think. This is a guy who paid Maidana money to have different gloves, who doesn't care about stinking out fights, even the biggest money one of all time..

Mayweather has approved the glove because firstly, it is a marketing move. And secondly, maybe he (Floyd) truly is going for the knockout for once.
                I don't think I implied that Floyd cared about the sport of boxing, or for the fans in general. My point is, he requested 8oz to remove excuses from McGregor and his Camp and the MMA fans post fight. The backlash he received from Maidana, and the Pacquiao fight are probably the reasons, he doesn't want anyone to come out with any type of ridiculous excuse post fight, that's it. No one EVER said it was for the boxing public.

Comment

Originally posted by Thutch2412 View Post
                  I don't think I implied that Floyd cared about the sport of boxing, or for the fans in general. My point is, he requested 8oz to remove excuses from McGregor and his Camp and the MMA fans post fight. The backlash he received from Maidana, and the Pacquiao fight are probably the reasons, he doesn't want anyone to come out with any type of ridiculous excuse post fight, that's it. No one EVER said it was for the boxing public.
                  you serious?????? if he doesnt want any excuses or what not, try not to fight an mma fighter with zero pro boxing background LOL! no matter how you slice this, its still a pro boxer vs a non pro boxer.

Comment

Originally posted by El Gitano View Post
                    Yeah, but he still won't let him wear Reyes or horse hair gloves.
                    Ahh yes, you have contract details that the public hasn't been made aware of?

Comment

Originally posted by WesternChamp View Post
                      you serious?????? if he doesnt want any excuses or what not, try not to fight an mma fighter with zero pro boxing background LOL! no matter how you slice this, its still a pro boxer vs a non pro boxer.
                      Yeah I'm serious, because besides the intelligent individuals who don't agree with the fight, understand it's a ridiculous match up, there are others that don't feel that way, a large majority of the public actually believes Conor has a legitimate chance, I get what you are saying, but I've seen more on this site, other sites, and just random individuals who give Conor way more than a punchers chance against Floyd, and I'm sure Floyd understands this.

I'm a huge Floyd fan, don't agree with the fight, don't want it to count for #50.......but it's made and it's happening. And Yes, I'm serious about what I said because that's obviously the feeling I'm getting from Floyd and his Camp who initiated that request to begin with.

Comment

Working...
                      X