No announcement yet.

Lomachenko and Rigondeaux are doing negotiations

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Spacey1991 View Post
    I'm a big Rigo fan, and a fan of Loma but probably more of a Rigo fan and honestly Rigo should accept whatever offer he gets within reason, hes not in a position to be picky and has very little time left in his career.
    Finally someone gets it.

Comment

I'm a big Rigo fan, and a fan of Loma but probably more of a Rigo fan and honestly Rigo should accept whatever offer he gets within reason, hes not in a position to be picky and has very little time left in his career.
      This. I am a fan of both but I think I will have to go with Loma here.

Comment

Lomachenko needs to get the Rigondeaux fight over with, then move on, win or lose.

This is like the Lara fight in Alvarez's case.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
          Lomachenko needs to get the Rigondeaux fight over with, then move on, win or lose.

This is like the Lara fight in Alvarez's case.
          Rigondeaux needs Loma more than the other way around. Loma wants Mikey Garcia who brings more money and fame to Loma. A win over Garcia is more worth.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
            Rigondeaux needs Loma more than the other way around. Loma wants Mikey Garcia who brings more money and fame to Loma. A win over Garcia is more worth.
            True, but it will never go away and will be a thorn on his butt as long as Guillermo's seven loud fans keep pushing for it. Might as well get it over with.

It's not like it's some massive threat. Don't even know if Rigo is serious about the fight that will be fought at an alien weight.

Comment

Pound for pound number 2 spot for the winner of this fight

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
                Rigo fans be like "Rigo should be the A-side because he beat Donaire 4 years ago!"
                are a deluded bunch, came out with a right bunch of crap on my thread about it the other day.

Comment

Originally posted by Andrij View Post
                  1 Mio $ is a fair offer.
                  He should jump at the chance, he won't make that elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
                    Finally someone gets it.
                    Rigo seems to talk like he deserves these paydays on merit alone, and I agree that he deserves a payday, but its a business, and he needs to generate it to be paid it, some people don't realise that. Like Floyd and Ellerbe said the other day, these guys want it landing on their lap instead of doing the things he did to get there.

Rigo hasn't really had the backing he deserves but he hasn't done himself any favours, at least Loma is learning English so he can connect with the public a little bit.

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                    This. I am a fan of both but I think I will have to go with Loma here.
                    I am more of a Rigo fan because I am in awe of his natural ability and think if he went pro earlier with the backing he could have been an ATG, too late for that now though, Loma does have time however and I think he's got first ballot HOF written all over him.

I agree with you though I think Loma wins, they're equally as talented and equally as effective in their own way, but Loma is bigger, younger and fresher, so I think he comes out on top from that alone. Rigo should take it regardless because he's got no options whatsoever.

Comment

Really good fight for boxing fans, a borefest for casuals though, there'll be a lot of hitting thin air in this fight for both guys. That being said I'd love to see it.
                      This is definitely a fight that could be, hmm, technical and amazing, but boring too.

But on the other hand, I actually think that this match up would be interesting and pretty exciting too. Not a slugfest necessary, but I think Loma would pressure him at the times and it would be amazing to watch their movement and footwork there.

This match up needs to happen

Comment

Working...
                      X