Collapse
No announcement yet.

Boxing experts judge conors technique on the heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He sticks to the basics, uses his physical advantages intelligently, he can make a fight out of it.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
      That is exactly how he should approach this fight, by being ******ed, random, and unconventional.

It's his only chance to win.
      I agree...he has to fight with reckless abandonment and high pressure. MMA fighters throw punches from a distance and in a way that allows them to defend from kicks. It's a style and distance that Floyd isn't used to and the distance might make it harder for him. Maybe Conor gets lucky and lands a good one and closes the show...he IS a good closer.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
        I want to see a prolonged punishment with all the UFC fanboys watching. Beat the shit out of him for 8 rounds, bruise and bloody him, before the KO. I can also see this ending by disqualification. Hopefully, Floyd's hands are solid.
        ^this + I want to see him quit. That way his rep as a Tapout goes cross sports.

Comment

Originally posted by Vlad_ View Post
          Yup, best shot of Ward's entire career, and it fazed Kovalev for all 15 seconds...
          And kovalev got stopped too lol

Comment

I wonder if McGregor is as bad as he looks?....He can't be, can he ? Surely he's just trying to fool Mayweather into believing that Connor is an easy win. Damn, I hope he brings more to the ring than that...Mayweather will destroy this clown.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
              Surely he's just trying to fool Mayweather into believing that Connor is an easy win.

He looked so horrible that this was something i contemplated during the workout, is this just an act? but then i thought nobody can fake being this ****, there were far too many horrible techniques he was displaying over and over again that are clearly ingrained in him.

As for the sparring with paulie, He simply outworked him by being in better shape, paulie looked fat and utterly out of shape, all you needed to do was take him to late rounds and push him to exhaustion.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                Switches stance for no apparent reason, leaves his chin exposed, and squares up.

Big flaw: Dropping his right hand while throwing a left straight

He's gonna be a big target for Floyd. Floyd loves his jab to the midsection to lower his opponent's hands.
                this is what I noticed

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
                  Switches stance for no apparent reason, leaves his chin exposed, and squares up.

Big flaw: Dropping his right hand while throwing a left straight

He's gonna be a big target for Floyd. Floyd loves his jab to the midsection to lower his opponent's hands.
                  I agree. However, interestingly I have seen some UFC fighters post up a following guard protecting their face. This is rather important for strikers or a boxer with speed!

Comment

Originally posted by RA-Box View Post
                    ^this + I want to see him quit. That way his rep as a Tapout goes cross sports.
                    His 'rep' is he's a KO artist, 90% KO rate, 13 second KO over undefeated p4p #1, his rep is he's the only fighter in UFC history to hold 2 titles, both by devastating KO over future hall of famers. His rep is he's the first and only opponent of Nate Diaz to drop him with punches, doing so at a weight class Conor's too small for.

His rep is he's never been knocked out, in a sport where the slightest error can see you put to sleep. If all that comes to your mind is 'tapout' then it indicates that your heavy emotional investment in blindly hating him has depleted your capacity to judge him fairly.

Comment

Originally posted by Metho_4u View Post
                      And kovalev got stopped too lol
                      Corrupt ref ****ing up over a fouling clown's lowblows is not equal to Kovalev being stopped.

Comment

Working...
                      X