No announcement yet.

Boxing experts judge conors technique on the heavybag

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing experts judge conors technique on the heavybag

From what i see he never uses a speed bag. Never uses a double end bag at all. Its mostly just bag work and sparring.

What flaws in technique do some of you see? Im not going to lay has some flashy combos and decent speed but he always leaves his chin in the air and keeps his right hand too low when throwing the left. Seriously suspectable to a left hand counter. I even watched some breakdowns on his fights this has been on ongoing issue for years with him.
    Last edited by RussB23; 08-11-2017, 09:14 PM.

remember how Kovalev got hit with that right hand by Ward??? all that damn switching with his hands low and chin in the air

Comment

Switches stance for no apparent reason, leaves his chin exposed, and squares up.

Big flaw: Dropping his right hand while throwing a left straight

He's gonna be a big target for Floyd. Floyd loves his jab to the midsection to lower his opponent's hands.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
        remember how Kovalev got hit with that right hand by Ward??? all that damn switching with his hands low and chin in the air
        Could be a serious issue in boxing for him. He keeps his hands way to low and relies on pulling his head back to counter its his best offensive attack. Ive seen all of his UFC fights he does it constantly, it works against terrible boxers in the UFC but floyd will make him pay for **** like that he lacks defense. He just tries to pull away , when diaz pressures him he just ate shots with zero headmovement.

Comment

I don't understand what that uppercut is meant to be or where it's supposed to land. It's like something you would throw as a low blow or something he's bringing it from that low. It's not even travelling far enough to be a shot to the chin or anything, very strange. It's not even like it's a quick uppercut either, it's a slow and looping kinda thing. Floyd will have tagged him by the time the uppercut gets halfway to it's destination, wherever that is.

Comment

Very amateurish. I'm even more convinced that he will get brutalized.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
              Yup, best shot of Ward's entire career, and it fazed Kovalev for all 15 seconds...

Comment

Originally posted by TheBigLug View Post
                I don't understand what that uppercut is meant to be or where it's supposed to land. It's like something you would throw as a low blow or something he's bringing it from that low. It's not even travelling far enough to be a shot to the chin or anything, very strange. It's not even like it's a quick uppercut either, it's a slow and looping kinda thing. Floyd will have tagged him by the time the uppercut gets halfway to it's destination, wherever that is.
                He throws it against opponents sometimes. Ive seen him knock a midget out cold with it but he mostly misses it badly, he landed it on diaz a couple times other than that its pretty ineffective and just supposed to be flashy.

Thats the only time i ever saw it have any serious affect on anyone.

Comment

Originally posted by RussTBE View Post
                  He throws it against opponents sometimes. Ive seen him knock a midget out cold with it but he mostly misses it badly, he landed it on diaz a couple times other than that its pretty ineffective and just supposed to be flashy.

Thats the only time i ever saw it have any serious affect on anyone.
                  Fair enough, it might work on UFC guys. He seems to throw it from even lower when on the bag or shadow boxing whih made it more confusing, but i guess that one in the gif is what he's going for.

Comment

The footwork is going to get him knocked down by a jab.
                    Wow. He looks exactly like what he is, an amateur who should be fighting other amateurs for the next several years before considering turning pro.
                    Above all he looks like a guy who is going to get hurt. People do not understand that good pro boxers are animals. And people think Mayweather is some finessse fighter, he can be brutal when he needs to and watch his early fights when he was KOing guys with 1 punch. That's the level of fighter he is going against, the same type of guy he was lifting off their feet with uppercuts 20 years ago.
                    Last edited by Johnny2x2x; 08-11-2017, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X