No announcement yet.

Rigo wants more money to fight Loma

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
    I'm trying to understand how someone can be against a Rigo fight but be ok with Loma facing Salido.
    Don't bother. There is no reason for that fight. It will be an ok stay busy fight later on though.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
      I'm trying to understand how someone can be against a Rigo fight but be ok with Loma facing Salido.
      Who's against the Rigo fight? It seems everyone is on board to make the fight happen... except Rigo, who is apparently pricing himself out.

All Rigo has to do is sign the contract and the fight is made.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
        Who's against the Rigo fight? It seems everyone is on board to make the fight happen... except Rigo, who is apparently pricing himself out.

Yep. It's as if fans have any control over which fight gets made.
        I don't understand the melodramatic nonsense, if you ask me.
        I don't even care about the Salido fight.
        The problem is they can't call out their idol's unreasonable demands.
        He just can't do no wrong to them.
        That's why I was asking how much Rigo deserves in a Davis fight just to get a sense of fairness and realism.
        They're not interested when the promoter is their idol.
        There's too much effing bias in this forum.
        Last edited by rickJen; 08-11-2017, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by genrick View Post
          Do you think they made money off of Ward who sells 200 tickets on his fight televised on BET?
          Ward was guaranteed $5 mil by Roc in the Kovalev/Ward 1.

"Multiple sources have confirmed that Jay Z’s Roc Nation Sports has guaranteed Ward (30-0, 15 KOs), of Hayward, California, a career-high $5 million purse to face Russia’s Kovalev (30-0-1, 26 KOs), whose lesser purse hasn’t been verified by BoxingScene.com. Committing so much money to Ward means the fight must out-produce the ill-conceived third bout between Pacquiao and Bradley – which drew roughly 400,000 buys on April 9 – for Roc Nation Sports to make money off what clearly is a commendable matchup between two elite, undefeated fighters."

http://www.boxingscene.com/kovalev-w...rantee--110644
          They had to give Ward those guarantees because it was in his contract.

Let me break it down for you since you don't seem to get it. Roc Nation paid a big price for Ward to sign with them because they used his fights to build relationships for their business with other companies. Of course a business doesn't want to lose money from an event, but building those relationships and working on deals with other companies gave them the opportunity to make a profit.

Roc Nation's plan with Ward was simple. Put him in big fights and work out deals with other companies so they can build relationships and partnerships for their other businesses. Everyone won because the fans got good fights, Ward got big paydays, Roc Nation got the relationships and partnerships they need, and the partners got the exposure they want.

It's okay to lose money if you're going to make a profit later down the road.

"From the moment I got to Roc Nation and realized we were in boxing, one of the goals that we had was to bring brands into the space that had never been here before and to also at the same time perhaps revisit brands that had been in boxing during its heyday." Yormark continued, "we knew we had to offer something different. We knew we had to offer a very strong value proposition, we also knew the partnerships we created had to be fully integrated. It just couldn't be about a sign or a logo, that we really had to work with these brands to activate and help them achieve their goals and objectives in front of a diverse audience. So that's been the goal since day one. Since our entry into the sport, we've done a great job in this space."
          "Specifically when you think about Ward-Kovalev and the partners that we had in November and now the partners that we have again here in the rematch, many of them are brands that were never involved in the sport prior to us reaching out to them. Furthermore, the relationship that we've created goes way beyond the logo, way beyond just saying, hey, we're a part of this, but the activation is what makes it unique and their willingness to help us promote the fight also makes it unique." Said Yormark.

Comment

Nah, don't even bother.
            Rigo's asking price is peanuts compared to Ward's.
            That's what you should be looking into.

Comment

So many threads and so much talk about a fight that I am almost certain will never happen. It would be a good interesting fight between two skillful boxers 8 years and 8 pounds apart. I think of it as a fantasy fight that the bigger, younger Loma would win.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post

How is Rigo pricing himself out? If they offered Salido 750k why wouldn't they offer Rigo the same? As far as who's against it, there are quite a few claiming Rigo is a nobody at 130 etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  I just kinda want Rigo to stop crying and see white people cry when Loma loses.
                  Why do you hate white people bro? I'm white, I don't hate you, but seeing comments like this is just needling white people as if you want them to hate you. Like it's telling me, you hate me for no reason, so maybe I should hate you back if that's the type of person you are, and that's what you think of me just because of my skin color, you know? But I still don't know you at all so I don't hate you, but you're just making black people look bad and hateful when you make comments like that. Of course I won't judge all black people off one comment, but I see comments like this all the time here, and it's painting a bad impression. Some people will fall for that impression, even if I don't, so all you're doing is just creating more hate in the world with comments like that. Why?

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
                    When talking about 50k, YES 10k is much more.

Yes he's been involved in big fights as a B side. Which is why he gets paid peanuts compared to the A-sides.
                    Dude, why do you even bother with this idiot, you prove him wrong on every single point and he would never stop. He's just a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
                      Why do you hate white people bro? I'm white, I don't hate you, but seeing comments like this is just needling white people as if you want them to hate you. Like it's telling me, you hate me for no reason, so maybe I should hate you back if that's the type of person you are, and that's what you think of me just because of my skin color, you know? But I still don't know you at all so I don't hate you, but you're just making black people look bad and hateful when you make comments like that. Of course I won't judge all black people off one comment, but I see comments like this all the time here, and it's painting a bad impression. Some people will fall for that impression, even if I don't, so all you're doing is just creating more hate in the world with comments like that. Why?

I am white and I see a lot more hateful comments towards blacks on this forum that towards white people. The majority of people that support GGG, Kovalev and Loma on this site are openly racist, they don't even hide it.

Comment

Working...
                      X