No announcement yet.

If GGG beats Canelo i hope Ward is next at 175 for the p4p#1 spot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    yeah...160 to 175, no tuneups...sounds legit.

Also sounds like 160 to 172 (he a smw doe)...only worse.

brook didnt get any tune ups

Comment

Yeah ok Larry jump 2 weight classes and fight the number 1 guynot even Floyd has done that

Comment

Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
        Connor isn't going to get past Mayweather. So this is pointless. If by some miracle he beats Mayweather yeah it would be a lucrative fight. The odds of him beating Mayweather are slim and none and I'm sure you know the punchline to that old saying..
        Connor??????????

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Yeah ok Larry jump 2 weight classes and fight the number 1 guynot even Floyd has done that
          Brook just did it.........

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx. View Post
            Connor??????????
            Wrong......Google it...

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
              Golovkin fans are very dismissive of this fight (wonder why...) but it would be a great fight for boxing. The current era has lacked a lot of super-fights but this would be one of those.

Certain people approved of Brook daring to be great and fighting Golovkin. I would expect they'd feel the same about Golovkin moving up to fight Ward...
              Brook is 154lbs now and should have been there before his jump vs. Golovkin. That is where he should be. Golovkin should be a MW. He would really be jumping 15lbs, Brook was making more like a 6lbs jump. Brook came in the ring actually heavier than Golovkin. Ward would have a more substantial size advantage than Golovkin did vs. Brook.

Again the BS by the anti-Golovkin crowd. Asking the guy to move up two weight classes. That's just ridiculous.

Comment

So Ward can fight Smith, Barrera and Brand before Kov but Golovkin has to jump right to 175 for Ward...right. who gives a **** what Brook did, blame Hearn. I never saw people calling for Ward to jump up classes right away to fight the best fighter at that weight immediately. Just admit Golovkin is better than you think

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                  Ward doesn't bring anything to the table from the money side. That's been demonstrated. This fight has no shot happening IMO, but if it did Ward would be the B side.
                  Ward would never accept being the B side. As much as pure boxing fans would like to see this as it has a throwback type of feel to it. I don't think it happens because of the money hurdles.

Comment

Originally posted by Chollo Vista View Post
                    Azteca, Sky Sports and just about every notable round by round thread had Jacobs winning.

Even the crowd at MSG had Jacob's winning. Just listen to them during the fight. They were a pro GGG crowd and were quiet and shook when the scorecards were announced.

You know it's bad, when HBO gives their fighter the victory over a Showtime fighter by 1 point. That's how you know he lost
                    Why do you haters lie? I saw after the fight most had it for Golovkin. Here's just a few: LA Times, AP, USA Today, ESPN. All had it about the same score as the judges. I saw CBS had it a draw. I know there was at least one other who had it a draw. Not saying some had Jacobs but that was the minority.

Anybody claiming a robbery of Jacobs is full of it IMO and drinking the Golovkin hate. This was a close fight but I have no doubt the right guy won. Jacobs was close but just didn't do quite enough. I would like to see a rematch if Golovkin wins against Canelo.

Comment

Originally posted by Diego Rodriguez View Post
                      Why do you haters lie? I saw after the fight most had it for Golovkin. Here's just a few: LA Times, AP, USA Today, ESPN. .
                      Do you know what a round by round thread is or no?

Comment

Working...
                      X